Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:05:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pirates on there way!  (Read 4904 times)

Offline TJSKI

• Librarian
    • http://cursedtreasures.blogspot.com/
Pirates on there way!
« on: July 10, 2007, 04:25:21 PM »
All,

Just sent off my "GW" Pirates (made from Mordheim, Empire & Zombie parts) to WHH yesterday for photos in the LotHS book. I also know that many folks here have sent Crews as well for photos, to all that did I say thank you, your inclusion in the book will hopefully elevate LotHS to a higher standard.

Also LotHS is due to be out by late October (maybe by the time of the authurs birthday!). So we have just a few more months to wait.

TJSKI
"Leutant Kulinski, a rather inept commander"

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
Pirates on there way!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 04:51:50 PM »
Congratulations! I'm sure they'll look great in the book, and we'll be looking for the finished product.

Offline TJSKI

• Librarian
Pirates on there way!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 05:10:51 PM »
Yeah, I hope so. And it dawned on me that I never took pictures of them either!  :o  So I have to wait to see how they look in the book. My only hope is that they don't put them next to the Profs figures!

By the way, how well is Under the Black Flag selling?

TJSKI

Offline walktapus

• Librarian
    • Ze Psilete
Pirates on there way!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 06:13:17 PM »
Good news.

There are many people here in the LotOW community waiting for it. Some of them have already started to build the ships  :)

I keep repeating to myself : "I will not build a pirate ship - I will not build a pirate ship - I will not build a pirate ship - ..."

But paint a few minis and play on others' ships... that could be an option  :mrgreen:
Denis

Offline TJSKI

• Librarian
Pirates on there way!
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 06:27:52 PM »
Quote from: "walktapus"
Good news.

There are many people here in the LotOW community waiting for it. Some of them have already started to build the ships  :)

I keep repeating to myself : "I will not build a pirate ship - I will not build a pirate ship - I will not build a pirate ship - ..."

But paint a few minis and play on others' ships... that could be an option  :mrgreen:

I'm not sure if this will make it into the book or not, but there was talk of having a ship deck plan being included so folks would not have to build a Pirate ship. You could print it out and attach it to a piece of foamboard and you would be all set.

But really, wheres the fun in that? if your going to paint up some Pirates, do you really want to be sailing around on a flat piece of foamboard, or would you rather have a nice ship model to sail around on? Now I do know that Black Cat bases is working on a ship model to sell. You can also purchase one from Old Glory or Flagship games as well as a few others. So you don't need to build one per say, just paint them up.

TJSKI

Offline TJSKI

• Librarian
Pirates on there way!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 07:48:11 PM »
Quote from: "walktapus"
Tjski, I totally agree with you, but I live in a small flat/apartment and already have a western town, a pueblo, a lamassery, 2 trains, a block of Chicago and more things to store, not counting the minis.

First class pirate ship  :love:

That is a nice looking ship, puts the one I have to shame. But really, whats one ship & then you will need a nice looking Caribbean town, then some more pirates, then another ship, then...etc etc you get the idea.

And to be honest, I wrote the rules so you can do just fights ashore or ship to ship sea battles. you don't need a ship, but it helps...

TJSKI

Offline TJSKI

• Librarian
Pirates Arrived!
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 04:00:38 PM »
Update,

My figures arrived in the UK at WHH, sent 15 converted "GW" pirates for inclusion in the book. Sent them off on Monday and they are there already. Well most of the figures made it over all right, few swords and a blunderbuss had issues, but was easily fixed. I thought I had wrapped everything up really well, but I guess I didn't.

So when LotHS comes out, you will see my figures grace the pages...

Just an FYI for those that might care...

TJSKI

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Pirates on there way!
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 04:45:23 PM »
Great stuff TJSKI

I managed to get a few of my Conquistadors in WI (off the back of Neil Burts magnificent painting) and I was pleased as punch even the next door neighbour got shown them :D and I cant paint half as well as you

Your figures are great, well deserved piccys

Offline TJSKI

• Librarian
Pirates on there way!
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 04:51:35 PM »
Quote from: "Lowtardog"
Great stuff TJSKI

I managed to get a few of my Conquistadors in WI (off the back of Neil Burts magnificent painting) and I was pleased as punch even the next door neighbour got shown them :D and I cant paint half as well as you

Your figures are great, well deserved piccys

Lowtardog,

Don't sell yourself short, my figures are nothing compaired to some of the awsome talent that is on this forum! You know, I get inspired to paint after looking at the pics from the guys here, then I get frustrated that I'm not as good as some folks here.

Also one of my problems is that I "Dip" figures, it's fast & easy, and I rarely paint a figure anymore. But with the Black Cat Base figures, I actually painted them up instead of dipping.

Come to think of it, I need to take a few pics of them and post them here...

TJSKI

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Pirates on there way!
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 07:47:30 AM »
my three gangs arrived in the UK last week. But not complete, i was stupid enough to forget to send 8-9 minis from other shelves . Sent it yesterday  :?