Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:30:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689769
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Asmodee 17Century Hell Tabletop  (Read 59103 times)

Offline loki

• Scientist
New Asmodee 17Century Hell Tabletop
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2007, 05:46:22 PM »

The quest was quite easy: take back a strategic note from the dead body of its current owner. Lanzhar, our demon lord, was affirmative about this: We had to find and keep this letter regardless the price to pay for it.
Our first strategy was a total failure. Our assault force was devastated by the defensive line armed with guns…

The plan “B” was more perfidious, and definitively more in accordance with our demonic spirit: it’s not for nothing human named us demon, isn’t it. Rapidity and discretion were our key words. Our objective was to softly stole the paper. Two poor guys were designated, me and an old killer called Maxence.

We discretely entered into their camp. We cut the throat of the human vigil who fall on the ground sounding like somebody regurgitating. We detected the tent where our objective was and slowly moved in its direction, clever enough to escape some vigilant guards.

Penetrate into the tent was a piece of cake.

The poor light from a finishing candle showed us the face of a man by intermittence, his head concealed in a large arm. His one-night-girlfriend wasn’t really attractive: a large fat woman, hairy, snoring and twice bigger as him !

My friend went to the messenger and promptly killed the man. Half our quest seemed achieved when a enormous hand caught his!
The ugly women spoke in a strange dialect and hardly pulled my unfortunate companion to her. In the second he touched her, she strangled him so hard I could hear his bone breaking. Throwing away his dead body, she took a mace. I don’t remember to already have seen a so impressive weapon during all my life.

Like if her face deformed by her angry wasn’t frightening enough, I discovered she was absolutely naked…Ultimate horror.

Not really brave by nature, I appreciated my life even damned, and at this moment my only thought was to keep it as long as possible. I quickly retreat and ran as fast as my poor leg permitted myself to do so when I faced a group of enraged warriors. I understood I had no more choice than to give up. They bound my hands and my foot but it wasn’t visibly enough to calm down the repulsive woman. Only a direct order from the officer stopped her to transform my head into a cauliflower. I still remember her expression, her deformed face, her breath saturated by the alcohol and her smell of blood…

At least Father I hope my confession will definitively save me from her. Thinking about it, that will be the second time I will die burned alive. Ironic isn’t it?

Offline poulppy

• Scientist
    • Flags
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2007, 04:32:09 PM »
For the parisian Demo are provide in Starplayer shop 4 rue Dante every saturday. I will test it next week i think.
* Miniatures diary at aleaminiatures.blogspot.fr/
* Flags banners blog at  https://flagspennonsandbanners.blogspot.com/
* My Other blog on Helmets : attenti

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2007, 04:34:13 PM »
Be sure to give us a report if you do test it, Poulppy!

Offline poulppy

• Scientist
    • Flags
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2007, 08:15:11 AM »
Quote from: "PeteMurray"
Be sure to give us a report if you do test it, Poulppy!

i will, next monday i think.

Offline loki

• Scientist
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2007, 08:19:52 AM »
Quote from: "poulppy"

i will, next monday i think.

Yes, please  :love:  :D  :love:  :D  :o

Offline loki

• Scientist
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2007, 08:49:50 AM »
Nazir bin Hamid

Story:
What a strange vision! There definitely are some odd persons in hell.
Our leader asked a scout group to go to Witte and report why activities have stopped into the mine. This mine, based in Kohut, was constantly attacked by daemons. A small garrison was already in position inside with order to protect it and be sure daemon slaves don’t revolt. Indeed, working conditions were sometime - how can I say - inhuman.
When we arrived, everything was destroyed and still burning. Dead bodies of our soldiers were everywhere, there entrails taken off.
Suddenly we earned sounds of battle inside the mine. Some of ours were alive! As soon my company came inside to check it. Sounds stopped but our motivation was intact. These evil demons have to pay for their unnamed crime! But as long we were progressing we understood we were walking on dead demons. Unbelievable! And we saw them!
There were warriors wearing turbans and luxury clothes, light armours, bronzed skin…A Saracen army faced us. The mythic Saracens…To lead them was a blind honourable man. His tunic was so immaculate it seems he was illuminated. The very old leader stayed on the shoulders of a dark skin guy. Regarding his scimitar, his musculature and his aggressive glance, there was doubt about it, this slave was a great warrior…The noble man studied us for one moment and finally said in our language:
“You warriors of the Westland’s, what’s happening here is not of your business. And we’re not in to fight you. Leave now and take care of your dead. May Allah show you mercy…”

Offline zbyshko

• Scientist
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2007, 07:04:31 AM »
damn, i wish i could get my beard to come to a point like that -and as long!

as it greys it may help intimidate the sugar-powered anoyance-maximized 12 year olds at the conventions (i speak of developmental age, not necessarily chronological)
\"I drank WHAT!?!\" - Socrates

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2007, 08:27:19 AM »
wow! another must-have one, beautiful model!

Offline poulppy

• Scientist
    • Flags
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2007, 09:28:04 AM »
I'm really sorry, I didn't have time to test this rules this week end.
Too many people on the demo and not enought time  :x  :x .

indeed I see a little action on the game and I'm not convince :
This game seems to be designed for "gros bill" (well "Gros bill" is a french term for the D&D guy with full equipements, full competences and full magic stuffs) I'm Not convince by the games mecanism.  For exemple Initiative for the next turn is for the player who killed the greatest number of minis !!!

But the minis are really beautifull :)

Offline knoxville

• Mr. Happiness
  • Mad Scientist
    • ЯEAKTOR.MINIATURES
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2007, 09:38:58 AM »
For exemple Initiative for the next turn is for the player who killed the greatest number of minis !!!

Wow, that sounds wacky. What size are the minis? Could you use them to play other stuff?
I was there the day that Horus fell.
ЯEAKTOR.MINIATURES

Offline loki

• Scientist
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2007, 11:20:55 AM »

This game seems to be designed for "gros bill" (well "Gros bill" is a french term for the D&D guy with full equipements, full competences and full magic stuffs) I'm Not convince by the games mecanism.  For exemple Initiative for the next turn is for the player who killed the greatest number of minis !!!

The mechanism sounds strange, will you make a second try next week?

Offline poulppy

• Scientist
    • Flags
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2007, 02:31:49 PM »
Quote from: "knoxville"
Wow, that sounds wacky. What size are the minis? Could you use them to play other stuff?

The minis are 28-30mm they looks like Confrontation minis.
the humans will be difficult to mix with anothers minis, but the posseded are great for Zombies, genetic horrors and others flesh monsters.

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2007, 01:49:13 PM »

C'est la vie. I hope you get another chance.

Ah! More more Language Adventures! "Gros Bill" is called a "munchkin" in English. There are other names, too.

The game mechanics sound very strange. The initiative rules sound rather peculiar. Suppose nobody kills any minis? Who gets initiative then? Or suppose I want to try to design a team that will win by taking control of other miniatures, or win by something other than combat? Will I never have initiative?

Offline SgtPerry

• Mad Scientist
    • Perry's Heroes
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2007, 01:57:48 PM »
Here's the "Gros Bill" as he first appeared in Casus Belli in 1981 (Casus Belli was one of the french RPG / Wargames magazines in the 80's.) The writer created this encounter from one of their clubmates.

http://perronny.free.fr/rpg/pic/grosbill.jpg

Olivier

Offline walktapus

• Librarian
    • Ze Psilete
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2007, 07:37:17 PM »
Gros Bills !

For the AD&D nostalgic, check this video.  :lol:

"- OK you've been playing...
- ...once a week for fifteen years"
Denis