Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:02:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: some of the vampire wars minis in painted examples  (Read 5286 times)

Offline tbroadwater

• Librarian
some of the vampire wars minis in painted examples
« on: July 13, 2007, 03:51:49 PM »
I ahd been painting for a number of years games workshop, as well as reaper when I found this line years ago and I could not resist! The sculpts at times might not be amazing works of art, but there were a great deal of fun to paint.

Not to mention cheap!

The downside is I never did get a chance to play the game with anyone so I am interested in any opinions from those who have. Maybe I will find someone in my area through this board, you never know!

So here they are, I just recieved 20 transylvania mob figures so I am back at it after a 4 year break!

Then onto Blue Moon boxed sets!

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 06:18:52 AM »
Look here chap there are several members who are in the Maryland area.  Where are you located? I'm in Greenbelt and Illumisar and Pete Murray are in Baltimore.  I'd love nothing more than to get together for Gothic Horror gaming.

Joey
Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline tbroadwater

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 04:10:14 PM »
I am very interesed in joining you three chaps for a night of "Gothic Horror Action"! We will have to talk and coordinate a time to meetup. I am working in timonium so I am minutes away!

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 05:11:03 PM »
Timonium! Awesome!

drop me a PM or e-mail me off list: pgmurray at gmail and we'll put some more people in the loops.

Online Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 05:17:05 PM »
I'm upset, I want to join in and play :cry:  
Get yourselves over to old London town and we'll have a gothic game to remember in my very own Victorian mansion :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 05:38:06 PM »
Quote from: "Malamute"
I'm upset, I want to join in and play :cry:  

Move to Baltimore!  :lol: Seriously, you'll love it. It lacks the world-city caliber of London, has terrible beer, a baseball team with an owner only slightly less lovable than Dick Cheney, inscruitable accents, a massive drug-gang-murder problem, a corrupt city government, bad traffic, and amazingly awesome people. And your perfidious UKP will go about double here.

Offline tbroadwater

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 05:42:50 PM »
victorian mansion?? Hell I am moving there.. Sounds amazing.

I am in an old mill house from 1834 so that could help lend an heir of the historical macabre

Online Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 06:05:06 PM »
Thanks, but no, I'll stick with fog ridden, rat infested old London Town, where the price of a beer is nearly a months wages!

When I say Victorian manison I elaborate slightly, its a modest three bed Vic house in a lovely small town on the banks of the mighty river Thames. :)
I live within 1/2 mile of Royal Bushy Park(Where  your Yank commander Ike Eisenhower had his headquarters before D Day). Hampton Court Palace built by Henry 8th is just a mile away and central London is within 10 miles.
I am fortunate its a great place to live, lots of histry on my doorstep.

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 05:22:18 AM »
Sounds wonderful... I loved London when I visited in '79.  I have been thinking about a three week tour of Great Britian for some time now.  Both my sets of grandparents came over from Scotland to the States for work in the '30s.  Great grandfather was a captain in the English army stationed in northern Scotland and married a Scottish lass! :)  My family still owns the set of buildings in Brora on the coast.  Great grandad retired from the army and became a ship builder.  I guess the old ship wright has been turned into flats!

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 10:25:17 AM »
Move to Baltimore! Laughing Seriously, you'll love it. It lacks the world-city caliber of London, has terrible beer, a baseball team with an owner only slightly less lovable than Dick Cheney, inscruitable accents, a massive drug-gang-murder problem, a corrupt city government, bad traffic, and amazingly awesome people. And your perfidious UKP will go about double here.

:lol: Are you sure you are Living in Baltimore and not in Hamburg ??

Get yourselves over to old London town and we'll have a gothic game to remember in my very own Victorian mansion Smile

beware !! Guys all Horror movie stard like that !!!!

tbroadwater your paintig style is very nice and I enjoy to look at your figures .

Grimm
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708

Online Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 12:34:21 PM »
Grimm, don't worry, you will be quite "safe".......