Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:11:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Any Submarine naval wargames???!!!  (Read 8806 times)

Offline Criamon

• Librarian
Re: Any Submarine naval wargames???!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2010, 09:11:38 PM »
Thank you for your great work with the submarine rules, Im very interested with this.  ;) but with my poor english is complicated to write more in the post.

Offline soulman

• Bookworm
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 07:41:12 AM »
Thanks all for joining, the question now to the open minded sub people, are my rules or rules ideas any good...  do they sink or swim ?

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2010, 11:47:24 AM »
Thanks all for joining, the question now to the open minded sub people, are my rules or rules ideas any good...  do they sink or swim ?

I read them and I think they are swimmable.  Have you read any works (fictional like Red Storm Rising) or historical (Modern sub books are not too common but probably available) of sub combat?  There seems to be a strong WW2 influence (along with some space ship combat) in the first reading of the rules.  Re-reading before I make specific comments and expose my "zoomie" ignorance of modern sub combat.

Gracias,

Glenn

P.S.  I think "standed" is meant to be "standard" in the rules. 

Don't sweat the English issue, your work was readable.  Your English is understandable but, LOL, My Spanish is... well, my Tía  could have been rich if she had charged me for the "tutoring."

Spell and Grammer check hit mostly spacing issues and possessive "it's" versus "its" and of course (since this is a draft) sentence fragemnts.  Not bad for what is probably at least a second language!  Good job.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 11:58:00 AM by Conquistador »
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline soulman

• Bookworm
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2010, 02:41:23 PM »
Thanks for reading, yes i do have dyselxia and it was a rush job to type, but i wanted to get my rough rules ideas out for the people screaming for them. and i think i have not added how to hit a submarine, just how to detect one, i think the depth and sound ideas are good without bookkeeping nightmares.

I just wanted to see what people thought before writing them without spelling problems etc...

I do have devilfish a good novel, and have seen blue sub 6 cartoon, which is a good start, the rules are for modern if you wish, but just to start the rules off, i really like to have a sci-fi setting of a flooded world and countys at war under the sea with basics and citys, monsters etc...

Wish i could do 3D, as shapeways will make figures for you.....

It be a week or two before i can work on them again, what i need is playtesters that like playing around with rules etc....
Cheers
Alan

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2010, 09:24:05 PM »
Dyslexia can be a difficult challenge (and "invisible" to those you interact with.)  I have a speech and language challenged teen so I understand to some degree the issue. 

I think it's a great start.  I may "sub" - pun intended - some space ships (or aeronefs) for submarines and give it a whirl.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline warrenss2

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2010, 02:14:30 AM »
A quick Ebay search of "mirco machine submarine" turned up some good subs for your game.

There are also a lot of sea creature toys that would be a fun add on into the game.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 02:20:33 AM by warrenss2 »
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Offline Criamon

• Librarian
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2010, 09:37:19 PM »
This afternoon I see Leviathan, film based in a miner station under the water.
The film its regular but the idea for scenary its good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7FskSqAQis

Thanks for your post about the submarine wargame.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:51:10 PM by Criamon »

Offline soulman

• Bookworm
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2010, 09:24:08 AM »
Thanks for the understanding of my spelling, i do try and correct it, but my brain is faster the typing, and when it comes to game ideas, its a rush of information-  i would love to have some thing published or work for somebody, i done playtesting for mongoose and war rocket etc.

I will check ebay for the miro subs.. thank you

Leviathan, i really liked that film, saw it at the cinema at maple arch a long time ago, these days this sort of film go`s straight to dvd..
You also have deep star six for another underwater monster film...

I do like stuff like that...

I have finsihed reading the devilfish book, great read and most of it i wad reading in the bath -  close to underwater..!!!

I have a story for the sub rules, a mix of stuff you seen, just need people to test and sort out the flow and feeling, you never know maybe one day a playtest at salute in london...
If anybody gets a chance to play let me know please,

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2010, 02:18:50 PM »
Okay, first attempt to post an image from my gallery, (thanks, Prof!), so tongue lash away. How will I learn if you don't kill me?

Wait a minute...

I will try to put this in both VSF and Future Wars, where a discussion on submarine warfare mentioned Stingray terror fish. Which, looking back, was my own fault...  ::)

This battery-motorized item is a bit thin, less than five centimeters, and short, but a repaint and some domes over the eyes, and I think it could be quite serviceable. Also, I'm considering trying to grind down the upper lip and teeth. For VSF, you have to add your own rivets.

It's down to about $10US, which makes it worth a look.

For the metric challenged such as myself, this is about 7" long.

Doug

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2010, 07:47:09 AM »
It would make an interesting "Mega Fish" (Battlship/sub) to supplement a collection of terrorfish.