Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:36:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689348
  • Total Topics: 118276
  • Online Today: 648
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Joys of 6mm  (Read 2444 times)

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
The Joys of 6mm
« on: August 15, 2010, 03:25:21 PM »
Found this beauty today as I fancied getting an army or two at 15mm or 6mm as I now prefer smaller scales for historical wargames.

For anybody who enjoys Ancients or Napoleonics or anything inbetween check out this beauties: http://www.baccus6mm.com/

Simply stunning figures you can get an army for arond £30 which I think is superb.
Anybody own these figures and can show me some examples?

Cheers
As Always
Steve

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Joys of 6mm
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 11:18:21 AM »
I bought a pair of Napoleonic armies a few years back. I got through all of the infantry and a few stands of cavalry before I got side tracked. Here is a shot of a couple of the cavalry stands.

I was intimidated at first, but the handy painting guide they give out and the tips on the web site really do make it pretty easy. I hope to get back to mine some day and play sopme bigger battles with them. Right now I'm too distracted with Sharp Practice though.

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 11:25:45 AM »
They are great figures and a lot easier to paint and base than you would expect, service is fantastic as well Petes a nice guy ,in fact he has just donated nearly £100. worth of his stuff as raffle prizes for our Royal British Legion Raffle. I have some of his ACW painted I will dig them out and take some pics and try and get them posted before I go away on Friday.

Offline Fjodin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 09:28:16 AM »
KAWAI! Alway loved 6mm scale!

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 01:14:38 PM »
Here are some figures I painted two or three years ago. They are Baccus Napoleonic French, one of their earliest range. The new figures they produce now are, IMHO, even better than these. The figures here were painted with no real attention to details so they could have looked even better… if i can say so myself ;)

A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Haarken

• Librarian
    • Forgotten Futures
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 03:01:42 PM »
I'm a big fan of Baccus, those tiny little 6mm sculpts hold a whole lot of detail, but don't let that put you off even a ham fisted oaf like myself can get them looking pretty good. Well as long as your not looking at them through a magnifying glass that is.

Only ordered off them once but i have no complaints, the service was great.
Forgotten Futures: Pulp, Dieselpunk & Weird War Gallery.

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 03:39:11 PM »
Thanks for sharing some excellent models guys. I really fancy picking some up.

Cheers
As always
Steve

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 08:55:44 PM »
We've got a few, mostly ancients (Persians and Egyptians).

They have a stand at most shows in the north.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 11:17:56 PM »
Baccus are legendary in the 6mm world. Unfortunately he's never done the periods I'm doing, but I've some vaguely interesting bits and bobs in 6mm on my blog: http://6milphil.wordpress.com/?s=6mm

Have a butchers...  ;)