Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:44:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691078
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Four A miniatures new Pirates  (Read 5527 times)

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
Four A miniatures new Pirates
« on: August 18, 2010, 05:28:46 PM »
 Here is a picture showing four of the five new pirate miniatures which will be going into the web shop this weekend if not sooner.

These were sculpted by Jim Bowen.

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
  • Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club
Re: Four A miniatures new Pirates
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 02:43:26 PM »
Which shop?
I really like the guy on the right...
"What exactly is a 'Headpiece to the Staff of Ra'?"

RicharDISNEY

Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
Re: Four A miniatures new Pirates
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 03:30:57 PM »
Here is a picture showing four of the five new pirate miniatures which will be going into the web shop this weekend if not sooner.

These were sculpted by Jim Bowen.

I really like the three male pirates, but the female one ruins the set I think. Those look like overblown plastic surgery gone-wild stripper boobs. If it wasn't so blatant, and done with more subtlety it would be cool, but those look like headlights pointed straight ahead like that. If they were any bigger or higher set she'd have to peer over them like a lil old lady does a steering wheel of a car. lol

I could see if the one flap of the shirt was torn hanging down and one slipped out, or if part of a nipple was sticking out, or if you could see the nipples through the shirt. The way it is, it looks like boobs for the sake of boobs, and it's not even sexy, and totally takes away from being playful even.

I like boobs and women as much as the next guy too, don't get me wrong, but that model is the kind of model I think would only appeal to a pubescent teen, or a dirty old man. Also IF that's a set and those aren't single models, I guarantee that one model will kill some of the sales for you, because now you've limited who would purchase that set too. Some wives would have a shit-fit too if they saw their husband painting and ogling over that model too. Some have a hard enough time justifying their hobby financially as it is to their wives, a model like that adds a whole new level of “you paid how much for that?” from a nagging old ball and chain. lol.

That doesn't apply to me, I got divorced and kept all my kids, so I can do what ever I want, but if given a choice between that female pirate, or a model that was artistically sexy like a Kabuki Models miniature, the Kabuki model would win me over. At least the nudity there is tasteful, and they're sexy in presentation, but not over the top in your face about it.

That's just my 2cents on the topic of nudity and models. I have no problem with it when it's done right, and those are all nice pirate models, I just think the one with the monster knockers in your face would have been nicer, had her boobs been more realistically sculpted, or maybe even if she looked playful, and sexy about it. Maybe standing to the side, with a gun in one hand pointing in the air, with a leg cocked, in a sexy-like pose or something. As it stands the only thing any one notices about that model is the boobs, nothing else.