Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:07:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Frankenstein's Monster  (Read 3334 times)

Offline tbroadwater

• Librarian
Frankenstein's Monster
« on: July 27, 2007, 05:13:01 PM »
always on the lookout for alternate monster miniatures, I found reaper's "patches: the flesh golem" a few days ago. Not a bad miniature, and better suited than the westwind one for what I wanted.

He painted up fast too! Also, my first attempt at all p3 paints, and man they were glossy....

Nothing a little matt varish could not take care of though LOL

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Frankenstein's Monster
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 08:28:01 AM »
Nice on Todd, I like the flesh tones :)
You must come to England sometime and we will be guaranteed a superb Vampire Wars game if we combine our collections :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline tbroadwater

• Librarian
Frankenstein's Monster
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 03:59:13 PM »
I would very much like to see that happen in the future Malamute! We would have some amazing games indeed!!!   Do you have a gallery where I can see you vampire wars and other minatures?  
And please do not forget about sending those minis of yours. Thanks for the feedback.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Frankenstein's Monster
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 04:10:44 PM »
Todd,

Here are my galleries at Displaced Miniatures:

http://www.displacedminiatures.com/Malamute/galleries.html

Unfortunately I have a whole load of stuff not yet photographed. My Digital camera has gone kaput and has not yet been fixed.

If you drop me a PM with your address I will send you the two Dracula figures. There are photos of them in the Children of the Night gallery. They represent and old and young version of the Count.

Offline tbroadwater

• Librarian
Frankenstein's Monster
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 05:18:56 PM »
great site and minatures malamute. the castle is fantastic...did you assemble that fron scratch or use kits to build around?  great amount of work and well executed.
I  did send you another pm so check you box to see if it appeared. If not, send me your email address to tbroadwater@bighugegames.com

thanks

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Frankenstein's Monster
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 08:31:20 AM »
Hi Todd, the castle is made from two GW Mighty Fortresses and other bits and pieces.
The roofs are all scratchbuilt using foamcore and plasticard tiles. The balconies are chopped up battlements. The gargoyles were old GW stuff and the doorway was an old lead piece I picked up years ago. I can't even remember where it came from.
The crag it sits on is Polystyrene covered in Polyfiller. It was a fun project to do. It took about three months to complete.