Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:00:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Paint Brands. . . your favs to work with?  (Read 9190 times)

Offline revford

• Mastermind
Paint Brands. . . your favs to work with?
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2007, 08:08:45 PM »
Quote from: "hammershield"
Is this true? I mean, it is an empirical fact that the rpice of resin minis are often as high or higher than metal minis. With todays metal prices, why is that?

Nope, complete nonsense.

Resin is cheap, that's why it's used to do big bulky things like tanks and terrain.

Metal costs the earth and is getting more expensive all the time.

Plastic is super cheap but requires some fancy kit to be able to produce models.

With the price of resin so low and metal so high, some all metal companies, like Chieftain and Heresy, are looking to move some parts to resin to save money on materials and on postage.
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline Evilcartoonist

• Scientist
    • Carmen's Fun Painty Time
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2007, 11:07:43 PM »
I'm glad I know how to strip the paint off my minis should their cost become prohibitive. (A good soaking in Simple Green- works on plastics too!)

Praise the GW grunts, curse the GW Kommissars!

Oh- and I use Reaper Master paints. Seems to have the color selection I need. There's a little bit of separation with a couple colors, but nothing a good jar-shaking can't fix :)  Also a nice selection of metallics; the basics (silver and gold) and colored metallics all seem to have descent coverage; though I DO prefer GW metallics for the basic metals. Haven't tried Reaper's pearlescent colors or inks yet.

Offline demi_morgana

• Mad Scientist
    • Miniatures, tutorials, gallery, swearing...
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2007, 06:06:30 AM »
started my hobby adventure with revell enamels, after that I was using pectra acrylics for very first models I had (immaculate fury and valpurgius from warzone :love: ), some time later I bought citadel colors starter set and for many years I was using only this brand but lately thanks to the cooperation with em4 (thanks Doug!) I got full set of vallejo game color and now they're my main brand :) I also have several reaper colors - really fine product