Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:53:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Artillery Rules and alternative Vehicle Damage Table  (Read 27542 times)

Offline malto cortese

• Scientist
  • Ein genie uberblickt das chaos
Re: New Artillery Rules and alternative Vehicle Damage Table
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 03:02:08 PM »
Hi Bjorn, thanks for the suggestion, it makes a lot of sense. May I jump at the opportunity to thank tou for providing me with the best game in many years, I was a fan of TSATF and I always thought I would never replace them with any alternatives, but T & T is from now on my default ruleset  for anything in between the 1890s and the 1930s!

BTW, you may like to know that since the Lancia armoured car did not manage to brake when necessary, it went straight on at full speed and smashed into the U-boat which was waiting in the harbour to rescue the GErman and Turkish secret agents that had tried to persuade the Mad Mullah to launch a general uprising in Mogadishu in 1917.... I guess you do not have a rule for that, do you?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. Groucho Marx

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 03:06:49 PM »
BTW, you may like to know that since the Lancia armoured car did not manage to brake when necessary, it went straight on at full speed and smashed into the U-boat which was waiting in the harbour to rescue the GErman and Turkish secret agents that had tried to persuade the Mad Mullah to launch a general uprising in Mogadishu in 1917.... I guess you do not have a rule for that, do you?

Outstanding. That's the kind of craziness we had in mind when we wrote the rulebook. lol

Seriously though, I think that is one of those unique situations best decided by an umpire. A big hole in the submarine would be the least, a spectacular explosion if you feel like it...

Offline malto cortese

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 03:12:15 PM »
My son and I decided that we would roll a D10 and see, as it happened at the last turn: 1-2, no effect; 3-4 it created a minor damage that can be fixed in 1 turn  and the deck machine gun is stil working; 5-6, minor damage to be fixed in one turn but the maching gun does not work; 7-8, major damage, needs 2 turns to be fixed; 9-10, spectacular explosion with major fireball, the U-boat sinks in the harbour in a hail of fire. I rolled a 3, so we have 1 more turn to play...]

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 03:29:25 PM »
My son and I decided that we would roll a D10 and see, as it happened at the last turn: 1-2, no effect; 3-4 it created a minor damage that can be fixed in 1 turn  and the deck machine gun is stil working; 5-6, minor damage to be fixed in one turn but the maching gun does not work; 7-8, major damage, needs 2 turns to be fixed; 9-10, spectacular explosion with major fireball, the U-boat sinks in the harbour in a hail of fire. I rolled a 3, so we have 1 more turn to play...]

Very good decision. Generally, for "overrunning" as described by Bjorn, I would suggest using his rule; for vehicles vs vehicles, you could just do a damage roll for each vehicle involved, and award a bonus for being the heavier vehicle and another bonus for being the ramming vehicle - so a tank running into/over a staff car would naturally do more damage to it than vice versa.

As for the very interesting submarine vs car situation, I think you handled it perfectly. See if the car actually hits the submarine (or shoots over it and lands in the sea), and then make a reasonable decision what kind of damage it would/could do, with some element of chance thrown in for fun.

Offline malto cortese

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 03:34:14 PM »
No, it slided across the habour and ended its run right on the deck of the sub!

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 05:09:14 PM »
Thank you very much for your kind words Malto.
Good to have you here. We look forward to read more of your adventures  ;)

Any new ideas are welcome too.

Cheers
Björn
, ,

Offline malto cortese

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 05:17:37 PM »
You are quite welcome! And keep up the good work..

Cheers

Malto