Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:34:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Nurgle Chosen  (Read 14237 times)

Offline Mrdee

• Mad Scientist
  • Paintaholic
Nurgle Chosen
« on: September 08, 2010, 11:34:03 PM »
Right well I need a unit of Nurgle Chosen armed with halberds for a tournement and I never really liked the GW metal chosen models and the regular warriors with the halberds just dont cut it, so inspired by a friend on another forum who made some sword and shield chosen in a similar way I have started to make my own but take it a little further

They are made using warriors legs, knights bodies, knight lance arms, knight shield arms to name the main bitz, there are bits from various other kits in there too

Personally I love them and I am really stoked about this project :D

only another 15 for the tourney to make but 35 for my eventual unit that if good enough once painted my make an entry into golden demon next year, bet there hasn't been many 40 man strong entries into the regiment catergory :)

Damien

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
Re: Nurgle Chosen
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 06:37:17 AM »
Really nice putty work there. Looking forward to see how you'll paint them. I hate the minis, but that's true for most (all?) modern chaos models. They look like fantasy space marines ffs! >:( Not your fault though. ;D
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 07:04:30 AM »
Lots of good work there!

If I may (and I might..) feel some concern it would be that the GW chaos warriors are all a bit same sameish today. I find it a disturbing fact that the GW Chaos Warrior box assembles into more uniform models than the GW Empire Soldiers box. Haha.

But boy has it helped that you got rid of the cape. Please show us how to do it. I would like to make a few of thes myself.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 07:06:09 AM by Thorbjørn Nielsen »
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline arktos

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 07:23:16 AM »
Ah !!! Consider yourself a true Chosen of Father Nurgle !  ;D :o

Offline Mrdee

• Mad Scientist
  • Paintaholic
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 09:41:00 AM »
@ phreedh

Thanks mate, from a painting point of view I will be doing them all different colours through the following colours...browns, greens, cream, white all will be filthy for sure. Loads of rust, puss, weeping boils, bile.......end of the day I want to make people itch when they look at this unit :D  Modern chaos models, as in the new knights?  I rather like them but then thats the eye of the beholder for you  :)

@ Thorbjorn

Thanks mate, I totally agree that they are all too much single pose, although I do love the way they look like a souless block of killing machines, I have to say if you have 100 warriors in a massive army that all look the same it is a little naff.  Hence why I have done this with my chosen and will possibly do it with any warrior/chosen units in the future, as they become pretty much multi-pose apart from the legs being all the same but slight differnet angling of the stance on the different warriors overcomes that issue for me.  I will take some pictures when I make the champion and musician tonight, obviously I won't be able to show how I did the above 5 as the champ and musician will be slightly different but it will give you an idea at least :D

@ arktos

I have started to dream about it too mate.....came up with the idea for the banner in my dream last night ;)

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 10:44:01 AM »
Modern chaos models, as in the new knights?  I rather like them but then thats the eye of the beholder for you  :)
"Modern" as in post 80s. =) Horses for courses, eh? I like this (lifted off a google img search, not mine) :
http://www.warfactory.co.uk/gallery/standards/slaanesh.jpg

Offline Col. Aubrey Bagshot

• Mad Scientist
  • Remember... something
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 07:40:31 PM »
I assume I am one of the many who can't wait to see them painted...
Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
Spike Milligan

Offline Mrdee

• Mad Scientist
  • Paintaholic
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 10:35:18 PM »
@ phreedh

I remember those from when i was little and just to watch my brother and my cousin playing

@ Bagshot

cheers mate, you input away from the forums is greatly appreciated as much as it is on :)

Right tutorial for building the chosen for Thorbjørn as promised

Cut along the red line, i use clippers as long as you are careful

you are then left with the following bits to make the body

if you want to make sword and shield chosen just use the swords and shields from the knights or whatever you want.

if you want to make the halberds follow on but be aware these pictures are only for reference as I haven't actualy cut these for the pictures as I am making a champ tonight I will update this when I come to make the halberdiers like those above.

cutting along the red line

you can then rotate the arm to a required position without any real problem. maybe a little greenstuffing.

for the other arm use, shave down the area outlined blue and then cut along the red and then attach a marine hand for holding bolter (the U shaped one) to the stump

result will look something like the right one in picture.......

you need to greenstuff a armour plate for the guantlet for the end result of the left one in above picture.

If you are unclear about anything mate let me know.

Right here is the work on the champion

didnt finish work till late so went running late cooked late started sculpting late so didn't get as much as I wanted done on this, but hey it looks decent enough so far.

Damien

Offline Funghy-Fipps

• Mad Scientist
    • Forgotten Dungeons
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 09:16:24 AM »
Right here is the work on the champion

The impressive and boil-ridden girth reminds me of a guy at my local.  Can't wait to see the end result and, eventually, all of them painted in suitably pestilent hues. 

Offline Mrdee

• Mad Scientist
  • Paintaholic
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 02:51:12 AM »
after the dissapointment that was Res Evil Afterlife, (even my dream woman Milla couldn't rescue that one :( ) couldnt sleep so did a little more to champ

sadly he has nearly the exact face I wanted to give festus when I get round to him!

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 04:32:35 AM »
Yummy! =)

Offline Mrdee

• Mad Scientist
  • Paintaholic
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 10:43:44 PM »
Think this guy is finished, not sure though will wait till the last lot of GS is dry and then consider

Damien

*edit*

Not sure if this is a little naughty doing this and if it is I will remove these links if asked by a mod, but I have recently placed all my old slannesh models on ebay as I want to redo them totally converted and unique to me eventually

Slannesh Warriors of Chaos - Pro-Painted on eBay (end time 21-Sep-10 20:57:59 BST)

Slannesh Exalted Champion on Chaos Stead - Pro-Painted on eBay (end time 21-Sep-10 21:18:37 BST)

Gamesday 2009 - Pro-Painted Exalted Chaos Champion on eBay (end time 21-Sep-10 21:29:47 BST)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 11:00:30 PM by Mrdee »

Offline B. Basiliscus

• Scientist
  • Bless us and splash us, my precious!
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 03:35:18 AM »
I REALLY can't wait to see these guys painted!

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 05:56:57 AM »
Hi, I have to preface my remarks buy stating that I really hate the new plastic chaos warriors are utter crap. They are poorly sculpted and blocky. That said, I really like the additional sculpting you've done here. You've turn miniatures I hate into miniatures I like. Well done sir.

Rob

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 11:38:53 AM »
that champion is going to look absolutely stunning once painted,

and bids placed!

regards

jim
Cult of the black goat cultist No.10