Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:46:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Halloween Goodies  (Read 6033 times)

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
Re: Halloween Goodies
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 01:10:39 PM »
I've been in a Michael's where the Halloween stuff was across the aisle from the Christmas stuff - all motion-sensing stuff that played sound effects as you walked past.

The blood-curdling screams mingling with the "Holly Jolly Spendmoneyherebecauseitstheholiday" songs were particularly terrifying.
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline P_Clapham

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 04:31:54 PM »
I've got some of the Lemax display pieces.  After several years I'm noticing some deterioration,  I'll see if a coat or two of paint arrests the problem.  A few years back they had some cars, part of their Christmas town line.  The vehicles were older models, I'd say 1940's-1950's, and they were the perfect scale for 28mm figures.
"When in doubt, have a man come through a door with a gun in his hand.— Raymond Chandler

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2010, 03:21:36 PM »
I've got some of the Lemax display pieces.  After several years I'm noticing some deterioration,  I'll see if a coat or two of paint arrests the problem.  A few years back they had some cars, part of their Christmas town line.  The vehicles were older models, I'd say 1940's-1950's, and they were the perfect scale for 28mm figures.

And caution as to which paint; much of the plastic may be attacked. Also, I had some of their wood (balsa?) the was ney sturdy, but did I mention 75-90% off?  :D

***snippage***
The blood-curdling screams mingling with the "Holly Jolly Spendmoneyherebecauseitstheholiday" songs were particularly terrifying.

This is certainly the list for that image!

Doug

Offline P_Clapham

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2010, 12:59:45 AM »
I was thinking a mix of acrylic craft paint and Elmer's glue.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 06:18:23 PM »
I was thinking a mix of acrylic craft paint and Elmer's glue.

A man who shows experience with styrofoam, no doubt!

Doug

Offline ZenWired

• Librarian
    • A Rust Monster Ate My Sword
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 12:30:20 PM »
I finally had a little bit of a budget to spend on gaming (my gaming budget's been frozen for several months, thanks to a recent move) so I went into Michael's to see about picking up that "gargoyle bridge." Sure enough, they've already pulled down more than 2/3 of their Halloween decorations - including the LeMax Spookytown stuff. Mind you this was on Saturday, the 16th. Excuse me, but WTF?! This is the second year in a row they've taken down most of their Halloween stuff more than two weeks before the actual holiday.

>:( >:( >:(

So now I'm off to find their corporate contact information and send them a lovely message thanking them for sending my business to their online competitors. (This sort of behavior is exactly why I have no compunction about giving my money to online businesses instead of local brick-and-mortar stores.)

/sigh

My RPG blog: A Rust Monster Ate My Sword
My miniatures gaming blog: A Hard Won Thing

"You fool, Warren is DEAD!"