Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:40:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685048
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 766
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A FORTUNE TO BE HAD- A POST APOCALYTIC SCENARIO FOR CR3.0 (MODIFIED) PART #2  (Read 1447 times)

Offline DAWGIE

• Bookworm

PART #2 IS BELOW!

11.  THE SET UP.  

A.   THE tabletop  is 3 foot x 3 foot  and is divided into  nine (9) sections, numbered from left to right, top to bottom #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7, #8, and #9,   place terrain features diced for from  CLEAR/HILLY TERRAIN GENERATOR.  the top of the table is NORTH, the bottom SOUTH, left side WEST, right side EAST (CR3.0 page 20). determine specific  terrain feature for each numbered section (CR3.0 page 21).

B.    DAWGIE AND COMPANY will enter the table in march column,   from edge bordering sectors #7, #8, #9.  selecting the sector is up to y'all. (CR3.0 page 23).

C.   NEXT  toss 1D6 to determine the sector which could contain a POSSIBLE ENEMY FORCE (PEF for short). as determine previously, i generated three (3) potential enemy forces which i indicated with three different colored plastic slotta bases (red, white, blue).  randomly determine which slotta base is place in a sector by  tossing 1D6 (1-2= RED, 3-4= WHITE, 5-6= BLUE). note that is is possible to have more than one (1) PEF in the same sector. (CR3.0 page  23).  

D.  DAWGIE AND COMPANY activate and move FIRST, using  normal movement.  once all or part of DAWGIE AND COMPANY is  on the table, activation is handled normally (CR3.0 page 9).

E.   ROLL 2D6 and take the lower score for each PEF.  in the event of doubles simply count either score. the score is the REP NUMBER that the PEF  will use for activation  while it is still a PEF (CR3.0 page 23).    

F.  IF DAWGIE AND COMPANY have LOS  to any PEF (s) immediately resolve same (CR3.0 page 24).  

G.  ONCE  LOS to any PEF is made, the appropriate figures placed on the table, the NON PLAYER FORCE TABLE is used. when an enemy force is activated roll 2D6 vs  the LEADER's REP, and then consult ENEMY FORCE MOVEMENT TABLE  to see what the NPC enemy will do. remember, the PEF REP is no longer used once LOS to any PEF is made. (CR3.0 page 24).  

12.   NORMAL ACTIVATION AND MOVEMENT.

A.   ACTIVATION is carried out normally (CR3.0 page 9).

B.   MOVE unresolved PEFs (CR3.0 page 24).

C.  MOVE  any actual NPC ENENMY FORCES  (CR3.0 page 9).

D.  FIGHT the battle normally for the TURN SEQUENCE (CR3.0 page 10).

13.  NEW WEAPONS RULES.  

A.   THESE  rules (mine) cover the weaponry used in the scenario that i_is not_ covered by CR3.0 rules pages  14 and 16).

B.  BA KNIFE is a one handed knife with a massive, fixed,  blade that has a double edged blade, or  single edged blade (think BOWIE knife,  ARKANSAS toothpick , GURKHA knife,  large dagger,  machete, or bolo knife, etc) used  for cutting or thrusting in CQC  with  IMPACT=2 . some  BA knives are also made for throwing  (like the original BOWIE)..  thrown BA knives have a R=6, T=1, I=1.  once a BA knife is thrown, unless the owning figure actually has two (2)  or more of them, the BA knife is GONE and must be recovered before it  can be used in CQC or a thrown weapon.  if two (2) or more are carried,  the BA knife user must test immediately after throwing to see if another knife  is available for use  as a throwing weapon (see RELOAD TEST below).  

C.  KNIFE is a one handed weapon with a single or double edge blade fixed blade ( think KA-BAR, FAIRBOURNE-SYKES, GERBER MK II,   normal sized daggers or normal sized sheath knives, etc)  used in CQC with IMPACT=1;  any knife that is thrown has R=6, T=1, I=0, once  a knife is thrown, unless the owning figure actually has two (2) or more of them, the knife is GONE and must be recovered before it can be used in CQC  or as a hand thrown weapon .  if two (2) or more are carried by user must immediately test after throwing to see if  another knife is available for use as a throwing weapon (see RELOAD TABLE  below). NOTE in my games i reduce the basic QCQ IMPACT of a knife to I=1, not =2, as stated in CR3.0 rules.  

D.  SINGLE handed axe, hatchet, or   war club  is as follows: R=0, T=1, I=2 .NOTE this does not include any IMPROVISED WEAPONS used   in CQC.   these weapons may also be used as  hand thrown ranged weapons with R=6, T=1, I=1. only if the user is carrying two (2) or more  hand axes, hatchets, or war clubs , the thrown weapon must be recovered before it can be used in CQC or as a hand thrown ranged weapon. user must test immediately after throwing one of these weapons to see if another weapon is available for use in CQC or as a hand thrown ranged weapon (see RELOAD TABLE below).

E.   TWO HANDED AXES,   two handed war clubs,  or quarterstaves used in  CQC  are always used with both hands to take full advantage of their CQC  stats of R=0, T=1, I=3.  they cannot be thrown!  if used with only one-hand for CQC, they count as IMPROVISED WEAPONs.

F.    SPEARS are one handed  or two handed thrusting weapons normally used   for  CQC with the stats R=0, T=1, I=3.   normally only one (1) spear is carried, but up to two (2) can be carried.  spears can be used  as hand thrown, ranged weapons with R=6, T=1, I=2 once a spear or both spears are thrown,  the weapon(s) must be recovered before the owner counts as being spear armed again.  if two (2) spears are carried, test immediately after throwing to see if another one is available  for use as a CQC or ranged weapon (see RELOAD TABLE below).

G.   BA REVOLVER W/SCOPE  is a massive,  double action revolver handgun . it can be used with one hand  (counts as a snap fire when doing so) or with two hands (R=12, T=1, I=2 ). NOTE  the optical scope fitting, when used with two hands,  increases RANGE by 12" .   BA revolvers fitted with scopes are civilian hunting weapons.

D. VBA REVOLVER is a large handgun  that can fire shotgun shot rounds or  solid slugs instead of bullets!   it must always be fired with two hands to shoot accurately.
R=6" (SHOT)/12" (SLUG), T=1 (SLUG)/T-3(SHOT), I=2 (SHOT/I=3SLUG . firing this weapon with one hand has a negative modifier for SNAP FIRING.

E.  SAWN-OFF/CUT-DOWN SHOTGUN  is a shotgun gun that has been sawn-off or cut-down to make  what basically amounts to a double barreled or single barreled breech loading  hand cannon.  when fired with a single hand, the user gets a SNAP FIRE penalty, when fired with both hands, the user gets no SNAP FIRE penalty,  all CR3.0 shotguns rules apply to this type of weapon. (page 14).  R=6", T=3(SHOT/T=2(SLUG), I=2(SHOT)/I=3(SLUG).

F.  LEVER ACTION RIFLE is a civilian hunting rifle that can be fitted with an optical scope to increase its  range by R=12"  to 60".   otherwise this rifle uses the same rules as the SEMI-AUTOMATIC RIFLE.

G.  CROSSBOW PISTOL is a civilian sporting and hunting  handgun with R=12, T=1 , I=1.    reloading is possible  if bolts are available for it, but a special reloading  test is required immediately after shooting to do so.  

H.   CROSSBOW  is a civilian sporting and hunting weapon that requires two hands to shoot.  R=24", T=1, I=2.  reloading it is possible if bolts are available for it, but a special reloading test is required  immediately after shooting to do so.

I.   BOW is a civilian sporting and hunting weapon that requires two hands to shoot..  R=24", T-1, I=2.  reloading is possible if arrows are available for it, but a special reloading test is required immediately after shooting to do so.  

J.  SLING is a civilian sporting and hunting weapon that requires one hand to  shoot
.  R=12" T=1, I=1.  reloading using any available  small rocks or cast lead shot is possible, but a special reloading test is required immediately after shooting to do so.

K.  WRIST CATAPULT/SLINGSHOT is a civilian sporting and hunting  weapon that requires one hand to shoot. RANGE=12", T=1, I=1. reloading using any available small rocks or cast lead shot is possible, but a special reloading test is required immediately after shooting to do so.

L.  BLUNDERBUSS is a primitive, flintlock weapon that pre-dates the shotgun as a firearm.  it uses  muzzle loaded black powder  to propel a muzzle loaded cast lead shot,  or small rocks down range like a shotgun.  this weapon is prone to misfires (or flash in the pan) when used under the best conditions, and simply will not work in  rainfall or heavy snowfall or when it is otherwise wet or damp. the blunderbuss requires two hand to shoot.  reloading using black powder, cast lead shot or small rocks is possible, but a special reloading test is required immediately after shooting to do so. whenever an out of ammo result is rolled, this weapon is not out of ammo but has misfired instead! it may not be fired again until one (1) complete turn of activation is used to  clear the " bad" powder away, unplug the firing hole adjacent to the firelock,  test the flint, etc. blunderbuss uses the CR.3.0  rules for shotguns.  R=12", T=3, I=1.

M.  RELOAD TABLE( borrowed from CR3.0 SWORDPLAY). taken vs REP immediately after shooting weapons G,H,I,J,K,L, above.

PASS 2D6        BOW, SLING, THROWN SPEAR,  CROSSBOW PISTOL, WRIST CATAPULT, THROWN KNIFE, HAND AXE, HATCHET, and  WAR CLUB  are reloaded and may immediately shoot again if "ammo " is available for them.  CROSSBOW  and BLUNDERBUSS  are still reloading and may not shoot until active.

PASS 1D6        ALL  reloading and may not shoot again (if ammo is available) until
active.

PASS 0D6       ALL  are not reloaded but may try again next activation.  

14.  MODERN LIGHT BODY ARMOR, PRIMITIVE BODY ARMOR, AND SHIELDS.

A.   NONE  - PC/NPC  does not have any body armor.

B.   PRIMITIVE BODY ARMOR  such as  padding,  leather, mail,  metal scales,  metal plates or similar,  offers ZERO PROTECTION  for the wearer from  modern firearms.  

C.  PRIMITIVE BODY ARMOR made from metal plates can offer protection from primitive firearms for the wearer. user counts as if  the user is IN COVER - MISS.  
all other types of PRIMITIVE ARMOR offer no protection from primitive firearms.

D.  PRIMITIVE BODY ARMOR  of any type  can offer protection from  CQC weaponry, slingshot, arrows, bolts,  or hand thrown spears, axes, knives,  and war clubs for the wearer as if user  is  attacked by a lower impact weapon - 1D6!

E.  MODERN LIGHT  BODY ARMOR  can offer protection from modern firearms, primitive firearms, arrows, bolts, slingshot,  hand thrown spears, axes, hatchets, knives, and war clubs for the wearer.  count  as if user is IN - COVER MISS!

F.  MODERN  LIGHT BODY ARMOR can offer protection from all CQC weaponry as if the wearer is attacked by a lower impact weapon - 1D6!

G.  PRIMITIVE SHIELDS can offer protection  from CQC weaponry, primitive firearms  , arrows, bolts, slingshot, hand thrown spears, knives, axes,  war clubs, etc, but, the user only counts as SHIELDED  when attacked or shot at from the front. count the user as if   attacked by a lower impact melee weapon - 1D6. PRIMITIVE SHIELDS come in two (2) sizes, LARGE and SMALL.  they are made out of solid materials and cannot be seen through.

G.  MODERN SHIELDS  can offer protection from CQC weaponry, modern firearms, primitive firearms, arrows, bolts, slingshot, hand thrown spears, axes, war clubs, etc.  but, the user only counts as SHIELDED from the front.  count the user as if  attacked by a lower impact melee weapon.  when attacked by all ranged weapons, count the user as in COVER-MISS!  MODERN SHIELDS come in two (2) sizes, LARGE and SMALL. they are made out of solid materials that can be seen through.  

H.  PC/NPCs using shields of   either type  of  PRIMITIVE or MODERN SHIELDS in CQC are allowed  + 1D6 .

I.  LARGE SHIELDS of either type cover at least half of the user's body. SMALL SHIELDS cover less than half of the user's body.

DAWGIE
BFG-5000: DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!