Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:22:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Lurker workspace...  (Read 7345 times)

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
Lurker workspace...
« on: November 13, 2010, 08:00:44 PM »
I am creating some new Lurkers, and as they are my first ever designs it would be great for some feedback, play tests or inspiration to make them better.

Basically I am finding figures I would like to use a Lurkers and then think of what stat/skills they might have and then look to improve and balance them for game play, so any constructive help would be good. Suggested BP would be very helpful too.

so... on to the lurkers:

----------------------------------------------------------
The Horned God (aka Cernunnos)

(reaper miniatures figure)

M     Dex     Con     A     W     Res     Skills
6      3+      8/9     3     4     2+       Command, Jump Up, Speak Languages,
                                                       Thunderous Charge, Pack Master

Weapons: Staff of Cernunnos (C.C.B. +3 Dam D+2 Special: Power)
                Claws (C.C.B. +2, Dam. D+2, Parry, AP1)

Special: Daemon, Fear

Wild Hunt: the Horned God may be accompanied by Beastmen and or a Wolf Pack by paying the appropriate BP cost.
                 In addition, once per game the Horned God may cast Compel Human to force the victim of the spell to join the wild hunt.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Beastman

(otherworld miniatures beastman)

5      5+       5/6     1      1      5+      None

Weapons: Bow (Range 12", Rate 1D, Dam D+1 AP 1)
                Claws (C.C.B. +1, Dam. D+1)

Special: Humanoid, Hideous

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Wolf pack (1 BP per wolf)

(otherworld miniatures wolf pack set)

7      4+        4      3      1      4+      Sacrifice

Weapons: Teeth and Claws (C.C.B. +1, Dam. D+1)

Special: Animal (wolf)

------------------------------------
I am thinking of low level BP for the beatsman - maybe no more than 5 BP so that a few can be included in the wild hunt, and the wolves are 1 BP so the horned god can have a nice little pack running around him.

I have other lurkers to post, but they are still a WIP, so I will post them once I get the work done.

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop
Re: Lurker workspace...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 09:02:14 PM »
Compel human is a good idea the the vcitim should have to fail a res roll first and roll every turn to see if he breaks free from the spell, and as I read it he is a God so your BP would be hitting 25 plus, think he has one or two to many skills.
Other wise good idea.

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
Re: Lurker workspace... The Bogeyman and Scarecrows
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 09:11:31 PM »
The Bogeyman

Artizan designs figure

M    Dex   Con    A    W    Res.   Skills
6     4+     6       2    2     3+     Command, Jump up,
                                            sneaky, tough

Weapons: Sickle (C.C.B. +2, Dam. D+2, AP1, Parry)

Special: Humanoid, Terror

Scarecrows: The Bogeyman may only work with Scarecrows, and as such may not be included in any other Lurker group.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Scarecrow

I want to use the Crooked Dice upcoming Corn Dolls, so they gave me the inspiration for the Bogeyman and the Scarecrows: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=23816.0

M   Dex.    Con.    A    W    Res.    Skills
6     5+       6       1    2      5+      Tough,

Weapons: Grab (C.C.B. +1 Dam. D+1)

Special: Humanoid, Fear

Straw: being made from flesh and straw/sacks etc, a scarecrow is susceptible to fire. If the scarecrow is damaged by a fire attack it is considered to be on fire.

Kidnap: Scarecrows will attempt to grab a victim and drag them off the table (where they will be tied to a scarecrow pole and turned into scarecrows). If the Scarecrow wins a round of Close Combat they may choose to kidnap the opponent. Although still considered to be in base to base, no more Close Combat needs to be fought. Kidnapped models may attempt to break free as an Action (make a Dex. check and if passed, place the model 2" away from the Scarecrow). Scarecrows may only move half movement when dragging an opponent.
 Scarecrows must drag their victims off the Lurker short board edge of the game table, and if successful the model is lost to the Threshold Player.
 If the Threshold player wins the game models that would have normally searched for map pieces may instead search for the lost models.  On a roll of 5-6 the model is found. If unsuccessful treat the model as dead.
 If the model is found roll for a major injury, put ignore results of "dead".

---------------------------------
Bogeyman/Scarecrow scenes of horror

As with other lurkers, the Bogeyman can include scenes of horror as part of its set up.  Suggested scenes of horror are dead twisted trees, a 'murder' of scarecrows on poles (if any one knows where to buy 28mm scale scare crows on poles please let me know) or even a small field of corn (with scarecrow).

« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 10:10:26 PM by Sheerluck Holmes »

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 09:19:34 PM »
Compel human is a good idea the the vcitim should have to fail a res roll first and roll every turn to see if he breaks free from the spell, and as I read it he is a God so your BP would be hitting 25 plus, think he has one or two to many skills.
Other wise good idea.

Re compel human - this raises a rules question - can the Owner of the compelled model nominate it each during each threshold turn? (p53 of the rule book) It gives the impression that is is possible. If so that more or less matches your first point. If not, yep, giving a chance to break free each turn is a good idea.

I was figuring around the 20 - 25 BP myself.  

Skills - if the Compel Human part of the Wild Hunt isn't classed as a spell, then I can remove the Speak Languages, and I am happy to ditch the Jump Up, leaving Command, Thunderous Charge (but I am happy to ditch that too) and the Pack Master.

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 09:47:15 PM »
Just a idea for the staff, earthquike strike, as the God strikes his staff on the ground all around him falls to there knee, you could pick a target and use the staff the target rolls his dex to stay standing if they fail then he goes face up on the ground, this could be a long range single target or a area effect.

Also I would think scarecrow are more pron to fire being strew and all and would come under the rule in Shocking Tails used for the Shambler, Gaseous Rot.

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 10:04:08 PM »
Just a idea for the staff, earthquike strike, as the God strikes his staff on the ground all around him falls to there knee, you could pick a target and use the staff the target rolls his dex to stay standing if they fail then he goes face up on the ground, this could be a long range single target or a area effect.

Also I would think scarecrow are more pron to fire being strew and all and would come under the rule in Shocking Tails used for the Shambler, Gaseous Rot.

Good call on the scarecrows!  :) (I will edit the scarecrow once I have posted this reply)

I am not sure Earthquakes are what I have in mind for the Horned God. I have given his staff "Power" which will push back and target in C.C.B., but it does give me an idea to add a "Vine" ability - it can be used to create a vine that will entangle the target like Bolas will.

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 01:07:21 AM »
Time Eater

Time Eater figure from Black Cat Bases.

M     Dex.     Con.     A     W    Res.    Skills
3       4+        6/7     2      2      2+     Tough

Weapons: Bite (C.C.B. +2, Dam: D+2, AP 2)

Special: Daemon, Hideous, Terror

Eat Time: When put into play, the Time Eater only has one action per turn. From that point on, every time the Time Eater wounds a model it gains one extra action per turn for the remainder of the game.

Spawn of the Outer Gods

Medium Spawn from Black Cat Bases

M    Dex.    Con.    A    W    Res.    Skills
4      4+       5       2     2     5+      None

Weapons: Tentacle (C.C.B. +1, Dam. D+1)

Special: Daemon, Hideous, Terror.

I wanted the spawn to be a filler lurker for the lists - a bit of fodder. This is why it doesn't have any extra abilities. Think it of flotsam and Jetsam from the outer plains.

Black Cat Bases also makes a Small and Large Spawn - use the same stats, but add 1 W and A for the large one, and deduct 1 W and A for the small one.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 01:23:01 AM by Sheerluck Holmes »

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 06:57:55 AM »
I like this thread  :)

I would actually like to make a group based on Celtic myth, such as the Wild Hunt, being an avid fan of 'Celtic' culture, beverages, and mythology.

Wonder if 'VUK' is going to include a possibility for this  ::)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 07:09:26 AM »
I like this thread  :)

I would actually like to make a group based on Celtic myth, such as the Wild Hunt, being an avid fan of 'Celtic' culture, beverages, and mythology.

Wonder if 'VUK' is going to include a possibility for this  ::)

I think a Celtic myth theme would be great fun, and I want to do more of it.

I think it would be easy to adapt a 'VUK' list to cover off on a Celtic theme, but failing that I am more than happy to submit these ideas for future publications.

At this stage I would be happy to have some BP suggested for my ideas...  ;)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 08:18:08 AM »
I have to get stuck back in before being able to give BP suggestions, I'm affraid; haven't been playing any games the last 3-4 months because of moving.

I HOPE to get a game of SA on this weekend, if I can find time to paint a new agent for my Treshold team....

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 09:59:12 AM »
Awesome!

Really like the Boogeyman and Scarecrows idea (even have the scarecrows and probably a model for boogeyman as well)

West Wind sells one blister of sack headed scarecrows and one blister of pumpkin headed scarecrows. Should work perfectly. They come without weapons, I added some WHFB weapons to make them work in Malifaux as Punk Zombies.

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 08:06:45 PM »
oooh they are nice!  I had looked at them on the Westwind site, but seeing them painted and in a bigger photo makes them look better than I thought.

I am hoping the BP for the Bogieman and Scarecrows will be cheap enough so that lots of scarecrows can be fielded on the table to create a lot of fear in the Threshold Agents  >:D

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 01:06:57 AM »
thanks for those links - both have great looking mins, and will fit in perfectly for the Bogieman's legion of horror.
 :D

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 01:29:48 AM »

(otherworld miniatures wolf pack set)

Love these wolves, I've been half-looking for nice wolves for ages, will have to add Otherworld to The List!

I like the thought of the Celtic-influenced opponents as well, nice change from stock Cthuloid critters.