Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:02:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686618
  • Total Topics: 118114
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Post Apoc Wasteland Mutants  (Read 6863 times)

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
Re: Post Apoc Wasteland Mutants
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 03:59:10 PM »
I'll stay with my copplestone ident on at least one, and the rifle looks like the future wars weapons, not sure about the other ones, there were some odd ranges between the confrontation and necromunda switch I must admit.

As I said above, the normal headed guy with the long rifle is definitely a Copplestone Castings scavenger. I used to have one.

they were part of the Marauder Miniatures releases

Thought so…  ;)

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 04:04:51 PM »
No, all four are GW models from the Confrontation game - they were part of the Marauder Miniatures releases.

See on this page, about 2/3 of the way down.

I actually have virtually all those models on the Collectors page, which is why I recognised them here!  lol

OMG! I used to have some of those way back when! I had the Elites, Hunters and Tech packs. What the hell happened to them? Oh yes, I 'loaned them' to a friend of mine who chopped 'em up for conversions… The crazy fool.

My favourite was the Tech leader with bolter, pointing.

And great job kenohhkc! So busy debating the origins of your figures, I forgot to comment on them. Personally, I like the freaky blue skin. Works without giving that Rogue Trooper vibe IMHO.

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 04:28:58 PM »
Superb work, a very old-school look to the miniatures which I really dig a lot! Matched with some superb painting, I enjoyed looking at them, excellent work!

Offline kenohhkc

• Scientist
  • I Can't Help Myself
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 05:04:35 PM »
thanks for the good comments. wish I would have known there was a debate. After the last pic I specify their origins.

The one is definately a Copplestone scavenger, rescued from his little black box that Copplestone shipped in when they were first released (not sure if he still does).

the others were acquired from a great Las Vegas hobby store that I believed closed some years ago. He used to have some very old stuff on peg boards, old marauder and citadel lead, GW games, etc when they weren't available anywhere, and at the original prices. We spent a whole days gambling money in there that day. I don't remember if they were on marauder cards or citadel cards. But I know they are shown in the White Dwarfs with the confrontation rules in them. I have some more repeats, but thay are pretty distinct, so don't know if I will add them to my gang or not. and the big heads make them look mutanty to me!

I also have the waste/ash desert nomad guys(who look OK with repaeats in the gang) and the tech guys(predessers to the Van Saar, although really they are humans with a lot of tech implants).  I'll be trying to get those up over the holidays.

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 05:29:51 PM »
I remember those little jewellery boxes Copplestone used to use when he traded as Guernsey Foundry. I bought the first 5 packs of the Future Wars range after I saw the ad in Wargames Illustrated. Long time ago now. :o

Looking forward to seeing more of your work. :D

Offline mattblackgod

• Mad Scientist
  • Post Apocalyptic Nut Job
    • Post Apoc Wargames Forum
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 03:43:46 PM »
Nice little gang!
Mattblackgod's world - Games and minis blog.