Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:28:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686615
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Graven Images September First Release  (Read 8118 times)

Offline Graven Steve

• Bookworm
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JimbowensDisturbia/
Graven Images September First Release
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 07:31:58 PM »
Hi Christopher - No I certainly didn't take offence - this is a forum to discuss our hobbies - and all we were doing was having a discussion. Just putting my own views froward - from the horse's mouth so to speak

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 01:14:54 PM »
Hmm....

these are tasty indeed!!  Thats one of the best Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hydes I've seen....

Although I've only painted 1 of the Graven Images minis I got from the last batch I ordered, I'm thinking its time to start adding some more!! (egads its a sickness I have~)

Offline tbroadwater

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 02:53:39 PM »
wow, I just spent some time on the site and really like what I saw in the disturbia line..great personality and style in the models with a focus on interesting expressions...I love the Voodoo priest and Victorian stlyed  and masked figures.
I have not done 40mm yet? anyone want to share the experience? Any easier or more difficult?

Offline Graven Steve

• Bookworm
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 03:05:44 PM »
these are tasty indeed!! Thats one of the best Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hydes I've seen....

Hi Supervike! Hope you are doing well! If you have a look on the Disturbia Yahoo group, there is a 19th Century Jeckyll and Hyde that Jim did about 18 months ago. First pic in the Cliff-Hanger folder

Although I've only painted 1 of the Graven Images minis I got from the last batch I ordered, I'm thinking its time to start adding some more!! (egads its a sickness I have~)

Yes - but you did a fantastic job on the Cutter - far eerier than our own!
and yes - it is time you ordered again - we have a post free promotion at the moment, as well as 10% off orders over £50 - to celebrate my Birthday!
Get in touch if you are interested, and I can send you the latest listing - anything for such a long standing ambassador of Jim's work!

Offline Graven Steve

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 03:12:06 PM »
wow, I just spent some time on the site and really like what I saw in the disturbia line..great personality and style in the models with a focus on interesting expressions...I love the Voodoo priest and Victorian stlyed and masked figures.
I have not done 40mm yet? anyone want to share the experience? Any easier or more difficult?

Hi Mr Broadwater! Glad you like them - the ones on the site are just the tip of the iceburg - there are probably more than 300 figures not on site yet, but there are pics on the yahoo group if you fancied joining.
From your previous work I know  you'd be most welcome!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JimbowensDisturbia/

As for painting 40mm - I find them easier!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 05:33:21 PM »
Quote from: "Graven Steve"
Glad you like them - the ones on the site are just the tip of the iceburg - there are probably more than 300 figures not on site yet

Steve,

Kind of begs the question why the site is not updated a little more often?  :wink:

I do visit from time to time, but new figures seem to get added very infrequently...

I know time is at a premium, but if you don't get the goods in the shop window...   :(

Offline Graven Steve

• Bookworm
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 06:30:31 PM »
Kind of begs the question why the site is not updated a little more often?  

I do visit from time to time, but new figures seem to get added very infrequently...

I know time is at a premium, but if you don't get the goods in the shop window...

I'm not the webmaster, and I wouldn't have the time - in between running Monolith and Graven, designing, painting, casting!
New figures are added several times a month - and the yahoo group is kept fully up to date - it's quite a busy group, and has over 600 members.
The bottom line is that my webmaster wanted somewhere up to £3000 for my next update  (depending on how much I wanted doing - for over 300 figures and 75 new resin models) - and I have better things to spend that kind of money on - However, in the last 2 weeks I have found a new webmaster, who's rates are much better, and I am currently re-photographing all of the Graven ranges in 'Scenic Settings'
I have already done Gotterdammerung and Gotterrustung, and am currently on with Disturbia - so before the end of this month we should be fully up to date

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 10:11:29 PM »
£3000 is a lot of sales to recoup.
If we'd known, someone here would have probably offered their services for less.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)