Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:46:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Slaughterloo  (Read 7348 times)

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
Re: Slaughterloo
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 01:44:17 PM »
Thankyou!

There's an interview with myself on Orcs in the Webbe at the moment with a rather nice picture of some big toads I finished last year but have yet to go into production.

Offline Jaeger

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 03:37:18 PM »
They look excellent. Lots of character and true to the Todoroni style.

I really should get myself some proper sculpting tools, but i think I have a sowing needle somewhere as you suggest.

"In a ditch with no money" Heh.  :D

/Jaeger
Too many projects... not enough time...

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 09:16:55 AM »
Hehe.

I only use the 'dentist tool' and a few clay shapers. A sewing Needle and a Pin are really useful though.

That's where I currently am, a ditch with no money! I blame the season!!!!

ANywho, what rules are you planning on using for your wonderful Amerkians. Also, I would love to see them released, they are very nice sculpts that look very paintable. Might be worth asking Gavin if he would cast them for you. (PLEASE?)  :D

I think your sculpting is excellent, you needn't worry about the finer details of it all, you seem to have them covered anyway!

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 09:37:19 AM »
I agree with Rob,  the Eagle heads look great - very inspirational and very well done.

I would also suggest that you contact Gavin at AA, he is always ready to cast up limited edition miniatures and it would be a shame if these models were not available to the wider gaming community!

Tony
http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

Offline Jaeger

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 04:46:36 PM »
Right.

I'll do just that.

Thanks for the comments all.

I don't really have any rules for them. I guess we'll discuss it in my gaming group first.

/Jaeger

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 06:05:51 PM »
I don't know! Do you imagine these guys as flightless? Perhaps they could have a 'spring to their step' and a higher Melee Mod because of those cruelly sharp talons and long beaks.
However they are not alligned to the forces of the Alliance, who are all on top form. They are allies of the Ferach, who have far less vigour and training in their blood, so perhaps they could have a lower form than orcs.

I.e. take the orc profile, reduce the Form (and/or morale?) and increase the MM and Movement.

Not to mention, they might have a Bird's eyes! They might have a good FM as a result.

They would probably have to cost more than Orcs if that was the case!  :)

Offline Jaeger

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 09:02:26 PM »
All fair assumptions. I'll talk it over with my buddy and see what he thinks.

In the meantime I've finished the head of another eagle marine:

/Morten

Offline Pentaro

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 09:45:11 PM »
I hadn't seen this before, they're brilliant! I think the concept and the sculpting are a lot better than in the original.

Offline Jaeger

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2010, 10:54:36 PM »
Thanks, but the original is somewhat more detailed imo.

I just finished a third:

I think I'll re-do the officer though. He isn't quite as good as the others.

/Jaeger

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 12:30:07 AM »
I hadn't seen this before, they're brilliant! I think the concept and the sculpting are a lot better than in the original.

The words of the Ignorant masses!!!!

:D

Have you ever looked into the concept and read into them? They are quite smart really.

Portugese Goblins and English Orcs? Why? Orcs and Goblins, oldest allies in famous Fantasy, Portugal was historically England's oldest ally. Dark elves, fighting the High elves (Spanish and Dark Elves, respectively) although the Dark Elves used to be wood elves (alligned to the High Elves), same sort of idea, the Spanish used to be allied to the French. The Russians are undead, because every Russian soldier was given a funeral when he joined the army, the idea that he would only ever return dead, so they may as well give him a funeral while he was alive. The idea that he was a fighting, living, but DEAD, soldier.

Come onnnn, Flintloque is an excellent concept, with brilliant comic miniatures that really have loads of character that is missing from nearly ALL the fantasy games out there now.

Don't pretend you aren't bored of Medievil or Dark Ages fantasy, give it some Horse, give it some musket.... Give it a bit of Loque & Load!!!! :D

Offline Pentaro

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2010, 08:28:58 AM »
The words of the Ignorant masses!!!!

Ignorant indeed, but I just love that eagle's cheeky face and big feet :)

Offline Jaeger

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2010, 08:52:36 AM »
I Know just how you feel. I totally fell in love with the Östarian dogs for the same reason. Unfortunately a buddy of mine had dips on them.

Besides I always play orcs/orks in all game system that I ever come across. I'm not sure why, but they always seem to appeal to me.  :D

When I get enough cash piled together, I think I'll go for some Finkelstein Dwarfs. Absolutely love the look of their line infantry, artillery crew and Von Rotte and his Grenadiers. I hope the Von Jungs Cuirassiers will become available again, as they are my favorite dwarf cavalry and would fit in nicely. I also feel strangely attracted to the Dwarf Landewehr and their Flintloque cannon crew. Very nice and characterful models imo.

/Morten

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2010, 09:11:02 AM »
They just get better and better.

Tony
http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2010, 09:27:55 AM »
When I get enough cash piled together, I think I'll go for some Finkelstein Dwarfs. Absolutely love the look of their line infantry, artillery crew and Von Rotte and his Grenadiers. I hope the Von Jungs Cuirassiers will become available again, as they are my favorite dwarf cavalry and would fit in nicely. I also feel strangely attracted to the Dwarf Landewehr and their Flintloque cannon crew. Very nice and characterful models imo.

Just check out Dampfpanzerwagon's blog. It's full of dwarves and other Finks!!! I love the flintloque dwarves, however, the older ones are a bit taller and less stocky. Including the Landwehr cannon crew. I much prefer the later Landwehr, which are much 'rounder' and stockier.

Offline Jaeger

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2010, 09:48:07 AM »
Oh. He made Foul mouth Freddy. Very nice.

Lovely buildings and I see you paint the same way I do (more attantion to detail on your models I see).

Excellent stuff. Will keep an eye out for this blog regularly.

/Jaeger