Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:32:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689758
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Classic Gunfights Volumes I, II and III  (Read 1238 times)

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
Classic Gunfights Volumes I, II and III
« on: December 14, 2010, 09:13:29 PM »
I recently purchased Classic Gunfights Volumes I, II and III written by Bob Boze Bell. I bought some pretty cool Old West figures a while back and have recently dug them out of the storage building and primed some, and was looking for some inspirational material.

These books are VERY cool and definitely have a place on the book shelves of anyone interested in Old West history or gaming. They are filled with period photos and artwork, and broken down into a series of short chapters, each detailing a gunfight or battle of various sizes from one on one encounters to much bigger battles such as Davey Crocket at the Alamo. Each chapter seems to have the info needed for gamers to make a scenario of that battle, including maps, the sequence of events and so forth.

Volumes I and III each contain a bunch of great scenarios/chapters. Volume II does as well, but each chapter in Volume II focuses on the series of events leading up to and following the Earps against the Clantons and McLaurys at the OK Corral (obviously including that fight).

I have not read these books in detail yet, really have just paged through them, admiring the art and pictures and maps. I'm VERY glad I got them. I bought them from Knuckleduster, who has them on sale as part of their holiday 20% off. Forrest at Knuckleduster was quick to answer a few of my questions, and quick to ship the books once I placed the order. I got the soft cover editions.

In short, if you have not seen these books and have any interest in the period, check them out. They are VERY cool.

Jake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.