Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:51:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm French Foreign Legion game pieces. Warning: Old School modeling on display  (Read 3911 times)

Offline Flashman14

• Scientist
    • One of My Men Became Restless
http://flashman14.blogspot.com/

I had a devil of a time finding pics of 15mm Legion/Arab games and miniatures for inspiration and to see how people painted Arabs and all that. Hopefully, as crappy as these are, they'll exist for others who like to cast an aye over this Old School stuff.

My friend managed to record March or Die off the television in the early 80's and we watched it constantly and mail ordered off to Modelers Mart for forces of our own. Both of us were brand spanking new to painting and though our resources were limited being 12-13 years old we had a blast re-fighting that dig site scene at the end.

Half of these weren't cleaned of flash, washed, or sealed. They were just primed in white and the oldest ones were mostly just stained with thinned down Polly S paints. 

At any rate, a disaster compelled me to re-base all them that I'd been slowly adding to over the years and they looked pretty cool so I thought I'd share. I have some cavalry that needs the new basing treatment and a new Mule Company unit in the works painted up to my modern standard.

I posted a similar thread at TMP but questions, comments and followers are welcome!
"One of My Men Became Restless" focuses on 15mm Horse & Musket periods and 25mm Horse & Musket, Fantasy, Horror and Victorian everything! Occasionally there'll be stuff of related interest but it's mostly a painters blog.  See it all here: http://flashman14.blogspot.com/

Offline Trooper

• Mad Scientist
Well I am not a 15mm fan, my old eyes struggle with 28mm these days, but I think youv'e done a splendid job with these chaps. I look forward to some battle reports. The old Airfix Foreign Legion fort would suit these guys a treat. Lovely stuff.
They will not force us,
They will stop degrading us,
They will not control us,
We will be victorious!!

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
Lovely models, lovely blog. Good work mate!

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Me thinks thow dost protest too much!  I'd be delighted if my figures were in that state of progress.  It's all well and good that some people paint to such a high standard - and its very inspiring - but for the masses of troops on the majority of tables out there, your FFL figures stand up just fine, much better than a lot of what I've seen over the years.  I'd be happy to play with them.

Offline Flashman14

• Scientist
    • One of My Men Became Restless
Thanks all!  :)