Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:39:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690494
  • Total Topics: 118334
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: snapdragon buildings  (Read 6287 times)

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
snapdragon buildings
« on: September 12, 2007, 10:51:35 AM »
Hi can any one tell me if snapdragon wild west biuldings are in scale with artizan designs and what sort of quality they are.They look ok on the web site but there it is hard to tell.

Cheers

Online Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
snapdragon buildings
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 11:58:44 AM »
Yes they will be perfect for Artizan figures. :)
They are chunky, very well cast items in heavy resin with no air bubbles or any molding faults. I have a lot of their stuff, particularly the mexican adobe buildings and several of the wild west ones and would recommend them to anybody.  :)

The only snag is they do not sit so well with other models as they are quite individual in design. I don't think you could mix them with say the Arnica Montana buildings very well.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
snapdragon buildings
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 12:28:23 PM »
I agree with Malamute, lovely buildings, well sculpted and cast but as already said they are in a very specific style which would require you to populate your town with these only, to look right.

Offline revford

• Mastermind
snapdragon buildings
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 01:01:44 PM »
Do the buildings have accessible interiors?  It doesn't seem to show for the Wild West buildings on the site.
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Online Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
snapdragon buildings
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 01:39:55 PM »
They come with lift off roofs, but no interior detail. Some of the kits are multi part, so you can chose from a different back, front and roof type.

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
snapdragon buildings
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 02:40:29 PM »
great thanks for that ill order them now?

Online Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: snapdragon buildings
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 03:44:23 PM »
Quote from: "itchy"
great thanks for that ill order them now?

Go for it Itchy, I am sure you will not regret it. :)  Let us know which ones you buy?

Offline revford

• Mastermind
snapdragon buildings
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 05:22:46 PM »
Quote from: "Malamute"
They come with lift off roofs, but no interior detail. Some of the kits are multi part, so you can chose from a different back, front and roof type.

Cool, that means I can pack away the balsa plan as these look to be reasonably priced too.  :)

Offline cmsciulli

• Librarian
  • Cowgirl in training
    • http://paintedpony.wordpress.com/
snapdragon buildings
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »
OOh those look like very nice buildings.  I like the style.

Another building site to bookmark now!

Let's see, those buildings look to be about $10-$40 USD unpainted, if I did the conversion correctly.
"You can't fight the desert... you have to ride with it."- Louis L'Amour

http://paintedpony.wordpress.com/

Online Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
snapdragon buildings
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 08:25:56 AM »
They are really nice models, but just remember they are not compatible with anything else. The multi part ones where you choose a different facia, back and roof style are my favourites :)

Offline cmsciulli

• Librarian
  • Cowgirl in training
    • http://paintedpony.wordpress.com/
snapdragon buildings
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 02:30:40 PM »
They are really nice models, but just remember they are not compatible with anything else. The multi part ones where you choose a different facia, back and roof style are my favourites :)

The compatibility thing is subjective though, right?  Anyone have a picture of the snapdragon buildings with Arnica buildings?

Just curious. . .

Offline revford

• Mastermind
snapdragon buildings
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 04:43:03 PM »

It's not a worry for me, all our old west games have taken place away from town in the woods. :)

Or there was that time we had a cardboard-box-with-bank-written-on-it robbery game.

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
really a big difference?
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 09:20:07 AM »
I really don’t see that much difference between Arnica and Snapdragon from the pictures and why they would not look well together (I just ordered a nice set from Arnica).  Not all buildings in the old west looked the same.  Can you expound on why you think they would not look well in the same town.
Thanks
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Online Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
snapdragon buildings
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 09:35:43 AM »
Snapdragon are a very individual style.They are extremely nice models, well cast etc.
Buts its the look of the buildings that makes me think they do not blend in. They have cast on bases with lots of texture and detail including bushes etc.
I own several of them including all the Mexican adobe ones. However when placed next to say a Monolith old west building. I really dont think they look good together.
If you don't mind having some buildings with integral bases and others not then they may work ok for you.It is difficult to explain why, sorry I can't be more specific.
 Its only my opinion that they don't blend in with other models, if you are happy then go for it.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
snapdragon buildings
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 10:09:39 AM »
I would second Malamute here IMHO if I went for Snap/moon dragon (I think their web store is called) I would use the whole range and nothing but the range.

To me they have an ever so slightly "fantasy" "rounded edges, just not quite histroical" look to them. I can`t put my finger on it.

They are very nice and I wouldn`t not buy them if I wanted their stuff.