Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 04:11:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10469
  • Latest: liath
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1692498
  • Total Topics: 118464
  • Online Today: 618
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: snapdragon buildings  (Read 6313 times)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
snapdragon buildings
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2007, 10:52:31 AM »
Quote from: "Lowtardog"
I would second Malamute here IMHO if I went for Snap/moon dragon (I think their web store is called) I would use the whole range and nothing but the range.

To me they have an ever so slightly "fantasy" "rounded edges, just not quite histroical" look to them. I can`t put my finger on it.

They are very nice and I wouldn`t not buy them if I wanted their stuff.

Lowtardog has hit the nail on the head here when he says they have a sort of fantasy style to them. He is exactly right, they do not look historical.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
thanks
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2007, 11:32:41 AM »
Thanks for the info. I still dont see much of a difference but like you said to each his own.  I guess since I base by buildings and do interiors the bases already being on and textured would be a bounus for me
thanks again and Yahhhhhhooooooo
http://www.moondragons.com/html/aw_2_gbp8_50_unpainted_gbp16_5.html
http://arnicarealestate.com/Laundry.htm
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
snapdragon buildings
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2007, 11:36:51 AM »
lowtardog your not looking at the Sci Fi frontier town are you?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
snapdragon buildings
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2007, 11:38:01 AM »
Yes, the Snapdragon range is superb, but quite heavily stylised. I have quite a few of their rocky hillock terrain pieces which are really excellent. They do some great modern / ultra modern / future wars settings as well - oil drums, dumps, bunkers and so on. I always thought their Wild West buildings looked great, but it's not my period. I bought a couple of their lovely range of adobe buildings, but these are specifically Mexican, and don't really work with my many other NW Frontier / Middle Eastern adobe buildings. The corners are too rounded, and they look - yes, slightly fantasy like... Can't quite put my finger on it...

Lovely stuff though, and even pre-painted, very reasonably priced.

Unfortunately, the guy that runs it (presumably also the talented scupltor of the products) could do with a charm course. Trying to get him to crack a smile at shows is an art form - even when his stuff is selling like hotcakes. He looks like his heart hasn't been in it for several years.

He actually sold the original Snapdragon business and range to someone else a few years ago, to concentrate on a slightly different, more diorama-based, less buildings-based range called Moondragons. But latterly, he seems to be back carrying the entire Snapdragons / Moondragons range, so I'm not quite sure what the state of play is...

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
snapdragon buildings
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2007, 01:34:02 PM »
His shipping prices border on ridiculous especially to Canada. For a set of tree stumps he tried to tell me it would cost me £25.75 for postage alone!! Get serious!? I can only image what a single building would cost. Yikes!  :cry:

-Todd