Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:27:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690780
  • Total Topics: 118349
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Review] Zuzzy Terrain Mat  (Read 4523 times)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
[Review] Zuzzy Terrain Mat
« on: September 12, 2007, 02:47:53 PM »
As many of you have probably heard, the Rattrap games are all designed to be played ona 24" x 24" board. When Zuzzy introduced their flexible, latex rubber mats in that size, I knew I had to give them a try. Anything that would make transport and storage of the game easier, was worth looking into. Note: Their shipping to Europe is excessive and I'm stating this here because of all the Europeans on this forum, I hope they can come up with a better shipping option for you

So, I contacted them and secured a Sulpher Fields mat that I will be using in our Fantastic Worlds book. It arrived yesterday and I set up for my test. I'm going to chronicle the whole process over on The Speakeasy (http://www.rattrap-productions.com/speakeasy ) for anyone who wants to follow how it goes. But here is my initial post.

Here is how it ships, rolled up in a plastic bag. The box was fairly large, but the mat itself is very light.

I slid the mat out and just placed it down, nothing else was done to it. Out of the bag and on the floor.

I don't know if you can tell or not, but the thing lies perfectly flat. It's made of latex rubber and seems to retain no curl from packaging.

The label contains the painting instructions which are very simple. Don't prime, use acrylic paints, do not apply a thick layer of paint. Well, I did that with a sample piece of it and the paint is now dry.

::At this point Rich picks up the mat and tries all manner of flexing it, rolling it, etc.::

No flaking, no cracking. Excellent!

Now, I'll spend some time really painting it up and see what it looks like and run it through some more flex testing.

My initial reaction is that I like this mat and can see all manner of possible uses for it. If you want to check out their other mats, you can find them at: http://www.zuzzy.com
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook