Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:38:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15 mm Darkest Africa range Imminent  (Read 2220 times)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
15 mm Darkest Africa range Imminent
« on: January 01, 2011, 07:34:11 PM »
A thread below leads to an exciting revelation for those of us who've been waiting for a 15 mm Darkest Africa range.  Not sure how long the wait will be but, at last, some solid information from a pretty reliable source.
Ignore the title of the thread and read down for the good news.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=217299

I'm going to be saving up moneys to jump in whole hog when the Great Day arrives.

Offline zuluwar

• Scientist
Re: 15 mm Darkest Africa range Imminent
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 10:19:41 PM »
whow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

good information

MIAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MIAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gerard
haut les tętes messieurs la mitraille n'est pas de la merde !!!!

bataille du eylau (colonel lepic)

Offline jazbo

• Librarian
    • My GNW Project Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 05:08:30 PM »
If its a good quality, comprehensive range, then it could open up all sorts of possibilities.   Amazed nobody has done one before considering the passion around the foundry/copplestone 28's and the period as a whole.
My Great Norther War Project Blog: GNW Gaming

Offline mortimer

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 06:06:49 PM »
great news!!! an interesting way for me to jump onto 15mm, waiting for more info now

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 04:50:53 AM »
great news!!! an interesting way for me to jump onto 15mm, waiting for more info now

get a head start.

Rebel  minis already has Egyptian Explorers (think "mummy" ), is coming out with Egyptian diggers/bearers.

You can get  regular European units, British, German, et al from Essex, Warrior, Lancashire,  Old Glory 15s, (wait till we see the size of the new DA lines before getting QRF, Peter Pig, Stone Mountain, as they are small, and do NOT look right on the table with huge 15s like Blue Moon)  and Irregular has some neccesary figures like white hunters, bearers, great masai and Ashantis.

Also Dervish (Darkest Africa's northeast corner is the Sudan's SW corner, and the Mahdists did mingle with those folks) and of course Egyptians. 

Won't hurt to have some Zulu units (I use mostly riflemen, and some shieldless warriors, as too many Zulus with shields, no matter how you hide them with alternative paint schemes, and people will know they are Zulus, and the gig will be up)

Also Baluchis and Zanzibari slavers/raiders/warlord retainers are plentiful in 15mm ( the Thoruoughbred Barabry pirates make EXCLLENT examples of the later, and the company that does the VSF Mars or Die ranges makes a nice range of Baluchis and coastal Arabs.)

Start making trees and jungle bases.  Lots. 

And huts, plus Colonial outposts, trading stations.

I've been making a huge amount of DA stuff for over a year, in anticipation of new   lines.

Let's pray that the new stuff includes askaris and Force Publique!  Nothing useable in 15mm for them yet (Essex gendarme Sudanese are OK, but not suitable for Force Publique)
Reigning USTA Florida, and National 50+ Singles Champion  (tennis)  TWO Time Florida 50+ Singles Champion!  Just won State 2019!

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 05:12:38 AM »
I'm with Smokeyroan on this, start building troops sooner rather than later.  The note was about "a small range."  For me, I'm working on my plains critters.  Finished but not yet textured on their bases - 12 giraffe, 39 zebras, 12 ostriches.  On the painting table - 36 wildebeests with 36 tommies (gazelles) right behind them.  And elephants, rhinos, and hippos ready to paint or partially painted (some done, some awaiting), same with lions and hyenas (only primed), then there are the water buffalo (from Grumpy), the partially completed crocagators, the gorillas and cmimps are painted (actually all plastics or beads) and just need to get the bases textured.  Then there are the wart hogs (Irregular).  And, yes, for those familiar with my posts, this is something of a drum beat for me right now (how appropriate!) because it helps push me to keep them moving towards completion.  I've decided to wait photos until I get the bases in shape.  And not to forget, Acacia trees and those kopjes (? rock outcroppings.)   Welcome ideas on how to create those formidable termite mounds in 15 mm.  And I need to pull out my Masai and get them painted (again, Irregular).

smokey - photos of your terrain somewhere I can see them?

Offline mortimer

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 09:50:11 AM »
Thanks for the info... I will look all this references...