Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:55:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Post-Apocalyptia, Part Two - 4-29-18. Did you think I was done?  (Read 96471 times)

Offline HerbyF

• Mastermind
  • Why fear nightmares when you can be one
That windmill looks to be about the same size as the Ertl one. I think I have a few of them kicking around here some where.
LHV 2015 +200 2016 +770 2017 +636 2018 +888 2019 +1015 2020 +656 2021 +174 2022 +220 2023 +312 2024 +104

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
Awesome stuff, but I have to know, where does the eyepatch vault girl come from?

Offline Ithaquatini

• Librarian
Great stuff! 
Where did you get the refrigerator?  Looks like it would be a good base for a Fallout 4 Nuka-Cola machine conversion.

Offline Cultist of Sooty

• Bookworm
Awesome stuff, but I have to know, where does the eyepatch vault girl come from?
That's Minerva, from Statuesque Miniatures in the UK:

http://www.statuesqueminiatures.co.uk/p/8930402/pa002-captain-wolf-and-minerva.html

Or from Pulp Alley in the US:

http://store.pulpalley.com/product-p/1401.htm

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
That windmill looks to be about the same size as the Ertl one. I think I have a few of them kicking around here some where.

No idea - I've never seen an Ertl one.  This is about 10" tall, though.

As was said above, it is from Pulp Alley Miniatures/Statuesque.  She seemed Vault-y to me.

Great stuff! 
Where did you get the refrigerator?  Looks like it would be a good base for a Fallout 4 Nuka-Cola machine conversion.

I sculpted it.  Both the refrigerator and the oven you see in all my Fallout terrain are casts of sculpts I did (with some moderate success) because I could not find anything even close that was already available.  I also sculpted the cash registers I use.  If you want some, PM me.  I could cast them for reasonable costs.
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
I sculpted it.  Both the refrigerator and the oven you see in all my Fallout terrain are casts of sculpts I did (with some moderate success) because I could not find anything even close that was already available.  I also sculpted the cash registers I use.  If you want some, PM me.  I could cast them for reasonable costs.

I would probably be interested.  :)

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
I would love them, but I'm assuming US > Old World shipping would cripple any deal  :'(
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
Toss me a PM with an address, and I'll look into it.  I can't see charging more than maybe a $1 per piece - I am hardly a professional.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
Give me a few days on the requests - my resin has gone bad.    >:(

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley

And a girl with her dog.  I think they turned away from the mininuke explosion in opposite directions, thus the eyepatches.

Excellent!  lol

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Post-Apocalyptia, Part Two - The return to Fallout (Terrain pieces!)
« Reply #265 on: December 07, 2016, 05:15:45 AM »
Holy friholy!  Has it really been a full year since I last posted post-apoc stuff?

Well, because of the orchards you can build in Fallout 4, I made a couple of small pieces.

Gob grows his own mutfruit!

I recently came into a large set of old, beat to hell trees from a local game store that closed, that were an odd scale, and thought I would try to make them into small CD based orchards for interesting terrain.

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
Re: Post-Apocalyptia, Part Two - The return to Fallout (new terrain 12-6-16)
« Reply #266 on: December 12, 2016, 06:13:41 AM »
Nice work on the trees! Basing terrain on CDs is certainly something I wouldn't have thought of and now I'll have to have a crack at it.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #267 on: December 12, 2016, 06:52:02 AM »
Haha, that's cool! Haven't played Fallout 4 yet (need...a...new...pc...) but it sure fits in with the sillyness of Fallout. Gob is ace too.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #268 on: December 16, 2016, 09:10:52 PM »
And I finally found a car I like well enough to use for all the little economy boxes you find around Boston.  I wish I could find a 3 wheeler, but these do nicely, and I can use them for something else more futuristic later as well.

I believe they are actually meant for Infinity games, but so what?

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
« Reply #269 on: December 17, 2016, 08:08:29 AM »
Good job. I saw those online the other day while looking for something else and my first thought was they look like the little cars in fallout 4 guess I wasn't the only one  :)