Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:45:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 03/26/24 The Twisted Tower photo stage update  (Read 1148488 times)

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
Re: UberGobins, & Goblins, & Squigs...Oh My! Pic Heavy Mordheim War Band
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 05:41:13 AM »
Great goblins! Usually not a fan of lettered bases, but you've done a very good job on yours! Like the painting style too - don't know how, but it makes these newfangled minis look retrolicious! Well done!
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline spevna

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 12:01:20 PM »
That is one of the most characterful warbands I have seen. Great stuff.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 01:09:56 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, Guys!

@Muskie: I can identify with the "grouplessness". It seems all the minis I've done for the last couple of decades have been for Folks other than myself to game with, but, since I feel that every Toy Soldier has the inalienable right to be played with, I guess this is okay...mostly.

@phreedh: I mostly did the lettered bases because I couldn't remember the names...another case ofimminent senility.
I LOVE the 6th Edition Goblins...esspecially the Night Goblins; they're such merry looking psycopaths. They look like rejects from Tim Burton's Labyrinth.

@spevna: these photos are for you. Mad Maxx's Marvelous Mechanical Ogre (a Rackham mini) was going to be my "counts as" Ogre Hired Sword...I never accumulated enough loot to hire him.

I'm not really crazy about the photos; they show up every little fault all too well.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 08:45:14 PM »
That is one cool mini - love the little pilots in the arms!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 09:35:10 PM »
Thanks, Amigo! Rackham made some really comical Goblin pieces...oh why didn't I buy them when I had the chance?...stupidity comes to mind. The Little Guys in the arms & the mushroom shaped exhaust cover are my favorite bits...another instance of that "great minds" thingy.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2011, 12:45:45 PM »
This really isn't much of an update, but one does one's best...& so do I.
Himself finally photoed the last of the Red Brotherhood.
The Brothers Dimm:

AND, while he isn't actually part of the Red Botherhood, he was in the area when the photos were taken...SO:
The Dread(ful) Highwayman, Dick Turnip, & his (Ig)Noble Mount, Night Train:

Barring the vague possibility of a Group Portrait, that's the last of the Lads.
As always comments & critiques are MOST WELCOME...mostly.

Offline Bloodysword

• Scientist
Dick Turnip is the kind of figure that you game with and never want to die.  It has alot of character.  The marvelous mechcanical is very cool as well.  I think we need a group shot.

Offline Kanvass

• Assistant
I bow down in absolute awe of this thread. I love anything Goblin related and this was some of the best I've seen.

You sir, are awesome  :D

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks, Guys. Positive feedback is always a motivating factor with moi...at my age motivation is sometimes hard to come by.

Dick Turnip is the kind of figure that you game with and never want to die.  It has alot of character.
I've noticed that new units, well done minis, & minis with cool names are all DOOMED...it has something to do with poetic justice.

I love anything Goblin related and this was some of the best I've seen.  :D

Goblins are definitely my favorite minis; they appeal to my sense of the absurd & underlying silly nature. Being the ultimate underdogs is also a positive with moi. I have more of the Little Buggers posted around this section.

Addendum: If you're interested in seeing more:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=26784.0
&
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=26103.0
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:08:15 PM by DeafNala »

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
Dick Turnip - good one Deafnala - I like his trusty steed too!  lol

Nice touch with the Brothers Dimm both holding onto the spear! 

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks, Thantsants...glad you liked the Lads. Like yourself, I enjoy coming up with names for the characters. The Bros. are one of G.W's Gnoblars with Goblin heads, a shields, & a couple of feet.

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
I don`t know how I missed this post! I hope you are not sick of hearing this but I really like your painting style and your bases (and the naming of your minis). The brothers Dimm are really fun but the Highwayman Dick Turnip is something else; he reminds me of an Empire noble with his silks and dueling pistols.

All your posts are very original, keep them coming

Damien

Offline Delaney

• Scientist
  • With great power comes great power bills.
    • Delaney King
Group shot!
Delaney King:  Digital Artist, Sculptor, Character Artist, TransDimentional Spatula Wielder, Sandwich.
My retro mini blog:  http:www.kingsminis.blogspot.com       My own minis and games:  www.darklinggames.com

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks MUCHO for the kind words, Guys.

I don`t know how I missed this post! I hope you are not sick of hearing this but I really like your painting style and your bases (and the naming of your minis). The brothers Dimm are really fun but the Highwayman Dick Turnip is something else; he reminds me of an Empire noble with his silks and dueling pistols.

All your posts are very original, keep them coming

Damien

A bit of morale boosting never gets old, Amigo. I think I posted it while you were occupied elsewhere.
With the Goblins adding little things to put them into non-traditional professions is one of those things I really enjoy doing...I've done a bunch of inappropriate Goblins with more underway. The "Dick Turnip" nom de Goblin is a take off on the infamous Highwayman, Dick Turpin...as opposed to the silent film comedian, Ben Turpin.

Group shot!

I'm trying to convince Edwin, who has the minis & is doing the photography, to take a Group Portrait for posterity & the "Wanted Dead or Whatever" posters...so far he's ignoring me.

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
These look awesome! Lovely contrasts and very cool conversions!