Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:09:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 03/26/24 The Twisted Tower photo stage update  (Read 1148565 times)

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Great updates DeafNala! The gobbo with the wolf is awesome, as is the Rackham Ogre and the brothers. Well, I love all these little buggers so well done!  :-*
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
Pressure Mr.Edwin to get that group shot going or you could give us his email and we'll flood his email account with requests  :D

Damien

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks again. You are motivating moi to come up with some encore pieces; thus the next batch of Horrors will be all your fault...alibis like excuses are valued assets.
I've e-mailed Edwin about the Group Shot. Since he owes me a few $s, I have a point of leverage...or he might be in hiding.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
Excellent stuff, I love your use of reds with the greenies.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks for the kind words, Flip! As you guessed, red is my favorite color; with Goblins being my favorite minis, all that red is inevitable.

Offline Rochie

• Librarian
    • There's No More Room In Hell
From one greenskin to another, these are crackin! My favourite hands down is mr. Turnip, an excellent kitbash!
But now you have me wanting to paint more goblins!! AAAARRRGH!!!!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks, Rochie! Funny thing is I seem to be getting the same urge to paint YET MORE Goblins...which I'm doing as we speak...so to speak. Here are a couple more experimental Night Goblins & Friends...imagine what kind of social life one would have if he/she/it had sought out Goblins for friends:

The Stump Guy promised not to eat the others Folk if I'd take his picture with the Lads...I took it anyway.

Comments & critiques are, as always, MOST WELCOME...mostly.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:25:26 PM by DeafNala »

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Faboulous! I prefer your green skin colour over the tan one, but otherwise these are just as awesome! I love the orange ogre and the nose on mr. Stump. I also love the rest of the little buggers of course!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks, Pil. I'm still experimenting with the skin tones. When I first got into Fantasy it was with T.S.R's D&D; Goblins were a burnt orange back then. White Dwarf exposure turned the Little Rogues green. SO I was tending to a retro look for the above ground Goblin types & a sand colored, albino look for the subterranean Lads; getting some reaction will probably determine which way I go...I'm SO easily influenced...sometimes.

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
I prefer the alternative greenskin color  :D

It makes the models look so much better and interesting  :)

The tree is fantastic btw !

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks for the feedback, Anatoli...I value your opinion. I'm torn between the various skin tone options; while I like the sand & burnt orange look, I've been doing the Goblins in green for so long it seems strange to be doing them differently...plus I rather like how the green turns out. Being indecisive can be SO annoying...most times.

Here's an example of the burnt orange:

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
I just love the burnt orange - consider it stolen  :D

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks, Amigo. Feel free to make off with anything you like; inspiring a bit of theft is better than inspiring gag reactions.

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
Hello DeafNala, I really like the skin tones on your goblins, personally I like an army of goblins with different skin tones. The tree man is awesome  :o, where is he from? He is painted really well, especially his face. The hobgoblin is ace, I like the skin tone but really like his shield (did the mini come with that shield?).

Damien

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks, Damien. The idea of various skin tones is reminiscent of Rackham's approach...I really  like the idea.
The Tree/Stump Guy is one of my Spooky Woodland Folk. He's a floral foam cone got wild; he does have an endearing smile & a noble nose...kind of.
The Hobgoblin's shield is one of the one's that come with G.W's plastic Goblins. The wicker shield fit with my image of the Hobgoblins & their Chaos Dwarf employers.