Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:12:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689608
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Forum studio "Siberia"  (Read 50706 times)

Offline Khmorg

• Mad Scientist
Re: Forum studio "Siberia"
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2015, 04:52:47 PM »
 :o
It is GREAT!

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2015, 05:29:21 PM »
The legendary White General - Yakov Slashchov.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakov_Slashchov

Large image and sources of information - on my forum and in Russian:

http://siberia-miniatures.ru/forum/showthread.php?tid=349&fid=22&block=20

Offline Mike Blake

• Scientist
  • Size Does Matter! - 54mm - The One True Scale
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2015, 08:54:59 AM »
Your brilliance shines like a star in the night sky! Thanks again for this marvellous information so excellently presented.

Mike B
Size Does Matter! - 54mm - The One True Scale

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2015, 09:57:07 AM »
Thank you for your high appreciation of my humble work.
Surprisingly, it until now the theme of uniforms Russian Civil War investigated very few...

Offline sepoy1857

• Mastermind
  • Wherever Duty Calls...
    • The Devil's Wind
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2015, 01:43:18 AM »
Thank You! These are excellent, and I'm saving them in my Civil War files for painting reference! Outstanding work. I think these would make an excellent book Cuprum!
All The Best
Scott Dallimore
Kent-Essex Gaming Society
http://kent-essexgaming.ca/

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2015, 04:15:18 AM »
If you will to make figure General Slashchov, then you need to add the figure of the white parrot in his shoulder.. The general was a very eccentric person and very fond of birds ... With its parrot, he almost never parted.

The book :) Maybe someday ...

Offline ts

• Scientist
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2015, 08:09:18 AM »
I rather want a figure of Orderly (Cadet) Nina Nikolayevna Nechvolodov to her General. She is a brave character, following her husband, the General Slashchev, in both war and peace - and it seems also in death, seemingly both executed by Stalin.
Let us see, if Dmitry can come up with some ideas for some figures of Orderly Nina and her general.

Here are some real life episodes with Orderly Nina and her general.
The seizure of the Height of "71" seems almost like an anecdote, but is documented by facts.
Slashchev had fulfilled his promise to the officers of the regiment - to bring vodka for the regimental holiday:
"Celebratory revelry was in full swing, when he decided to use the window of opportunity in the mood of the regiment and get the unit to perform an impossible task under normal conditions ...
The front of our position had been occupied by the enemy on Height "71", from where the Reds dominated the whole area ... Repeated attempts to master it ended up in failure.
And Slashchev turned to the regiment: "I have fulfilled my promise ... Now you promise to do my will!" The regiment swore an oath to fulfil all the orders of the General. "So open the other barrel of vodka, but on the Height "71”.
The regiment shouted a unanimous "Hurrah!"
Led by Slashchev, who was followed by "Orderly Nikita", was launched an attack on the Height, and this time, without particularly large losses, the regiment knocked out its stunned opponent and continued going on ... "

Originally Slashchev and Chongarsky mastered the causeway through Siwash - in an open loose “fashion show” up to 2 miles away. In the middle was a bridge. On one side of it were entrenched the Reds, on the other – were the Whites.
To defend their side, the Reds had put up guns and machine guns ...
Slashchev called this a "a draft", a fashion show and considered it necessary to master both sides.
But the attack failed.
Then one day (March 22, 1920) Slashchev gathered the commanders of his units, inviting them to a "master show".
In turn all the commanders reported that they did not find it possible to lead the men entrusted to them to a certain death.
"Well, in that case, I'll attack the enemy and take it!", Slashchev said and ordered "Orderly Nikita" to convey the order, to the Commander of the Constantin Military Academy, to "immediately come to the position with cadets of the Academy and its music corps."
When they arrived and were encouraged with a few words, Slashchev himself led the 250-300 Cadets to the bridge – marching - just as on ceremonial parade - in column to the sound of the orchestra, all in step,. With General Slashchev and Orderly Nikita in front, the Cadets passed over the bridge and rushed to attack the enemy - who threw down their guns, not even trying to shoot!

Now – same episode in the words of the General:
"Telling the armoured train to concentrate fire on the red line, I sent an Adjutant, Staff-Captain Shebek and Orderly Nechvolodov (Slashchev's wife) to convey the order to move the lines on to the causeway. Less than ten minutes later, came a report that the Staff-Captain was killed, Orderly Nechvolodov wounded and the line of the 13th Division was under concentrated fire from the Reds firing from behind their lines... .
We had to use the last resort, which had always rescued us so far, this tool was – the personal example set by the leader. So I ordered the cadets to form into column with officers to the front and march to the causeway bridge...
The battalion went on the causeway. I could not help thinking, it would suffice just with a Red machine gun and a gun, but one does not flicker, you sweep all such away, but so is the power of a nervous shock. Possible to numb anybody."

At the head of the cadets led a wounded woman and a general barely recovered from his several wounds!

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2015, 10:14:03 AM »
For the sake of objectivity, I must say that this is not a complete image of the General. Slashchov was a cocaine addict, was distinguished bestial cruelty to prisoners of war.
Therefore, in the murder his by Stalin I do not believe. Slashchov taught in a Soviet military academy, and was killed by his student - the red commander. The brother of this a student was executed during the Civil War on the orders of General Slashchov. I think it was the usual revenge.

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2015, 11:59:45 AM »
 :o :o Reading these things are why I find the Russian Revolution (and the Back of Beyond) so fascinating and poignant!  Just when you start to view things as good/evil it is revealed the essential greyness  of everyone involved. TS can you give and English reference?  Many thanks!
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline ts

• Scientist
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2015, 12:59:57 PM »
It is informations from some  Russian pages, mainly
http://www.gipanis.ru/?level=802&type=page

General Slashchev was cashired from Wrangels Army, both for quarrelling with Wrangel, whom he seems to have considered idiot, but also for being involved in progroms against local Jews.
After being cashiered, Slashchev tried his hand on raising turkeys and fowls in Constantinoble, with no luck. After that experience he went into Soviet service as a military teacher. His death is considered rather suspicious and how and when his wife died is unknown.
Cocaine use then was not considered criminal, likewise the heavy vodka drinking in the Russian Army then was considered part of the job. And for instance English girls openly and proudly sent cocaine to their boyfriends in the trenches.
Fighting a civil war is not for choir boys, but whatever, I like the General's personal uniform creativity.
If he was a little mad, so are most in high places.

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2015, 01:45:58 PM »
Where to disappeared Nina Nechvolodova really is not precisely known.
But there is research of the Crimean regional ethnographer Ilsur Zinnatullin on this topic.
Nina Nechvolodova in the USSR, the headed of theater studio, starred to the movies and also wrote to scenarios for movies. Zinnatullin believes that latest book Nechvolodova was published in the fifties...

http://www.odnako.org/blogs/teni-proshlogo-ordinarec-nechvolodov/