Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:57:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Romano-British (And some Germanic types) Pic Heavy!  (Read 2613 times)

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Romano-British (And some Germanic types) Pic Heavy!
« on: February 11, 2011, 01:21:31 PM »
Hey all, finally decided to start uploading pics of the minis both me and my dad have painted.

Today however is solely going to be miniatures painted by my dad, and I thought to start of I'd show you his small collection of Romano-British era types. Of course King Arthur does make an appearance here.

Plus, apologise in case the photos are fairly naff, only been practicing on and off since i received the camera just before christmas, so I am just getting a hang of how lighting can be essential. I guess even more apologies to the boss since its his stuff I am showing of!  lol But tips would be great.

Anyway here goes.

(The one on the right was painted and based ages before the one on the left!)

The big gang shot! I wasn't able to put them all in! Would be a huge post otherwise!

Offline Mors

• Scientist
    • Tales from thr Green Dragom
Re: Romano-British (And some Germanic types) Pic Heavy!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 11:04:17 PM »
Nice collection you have growing there. Look forward to seeing more of your Dads stuff and yours too. I love the Romano-Brits from GB, I have plenty of them myself but sadly got no further than undercoating, maybe one day I'll restart them. Keep posting pics as your collection grows
Mors

Offline Bloodysword

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 04:19:16 PM »
Really nice figures.  What type of rules are you using them with?  Who do they fight? Picts, Saxons, Franks or all of the above?

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 06:11:18 PM »
In all honesty the majority of stuff us two do is just paint, though we certainly have the rules (Warhammer Historical are the rules we have in the house, though they were discontinued) only games I have ever played are Warhammer 40k stuff xD

However if we put our minds to it we could certainly pull of a few skirmish games!

Offline cataphractarius

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 09:36:59 PM »
Very nice indeed. Though I'm slightly sceptical of a horse in full armour in sub-Roman Britain, the figures certainly look the part - really well done!