Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:23:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Interior Decorating complete *more added pics*  (Read 5400 times)

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
Interior Decorating complete *more added pics*
« on: February 15, 2011, 03:13:05 PM »
I was sitting in front of my computer doing the tedious task of cutting paper match sticks up and gluing them to miniature pictures.  So I thought I'd snap a quick picture and share it.

Since I'm nearing the end of my stack of unpainted miniatures, I taking a moment to begin decorating my mortuary/funeral home building.  It has been sitting on my desk painted but undecorated for months now.  It is visable in the bottom center of the picture.

One thing I really hate is making furnature though...  Particularly in this case.  The cutting table will be easy but I dread having to craft a coffin and I'm too cheap to buy one.  So that'll be a challenge.
Here it is prepainted.

It is a simple three room affair.  With a entry/reception room, a cutting room, and a small office.  It has a back door that leads directly to the cutting room.  

For you extreme lovecraft devotees, if you pay careful attention to the pictures you might see some rather obscure but familiar works for some Lovecraft related films.

Four are from the Night Gallery Lovecraft themed episodes "Pickman's Model",  "Professor Peabody Last Lecture", "Green Fingers" and the Pilot Epsiode whose name I can't remember.  I also included a gothic picture of a Satanic Rite.  A picture of a demon eating a child "seen in the Resurrected". Two tasteful Pitcures of Cthulhu Rising are also included and a few torn pages from the Necronomicon to scatter in the office.  A what type of mortuary would be without anatomy charts on the cutting room walls.

Here are beginings of some mortuary funature too.  I still need to paint them and put adornments like handles, blood and a vase I think.  You can see the begining of what will be : a cloth corvered table bearing a coffin,  a cadaver cabinet, an autopsy table with a blood drain, and an end table which I'll decorate with a flower vase.

Anyway... it's these little touches... that adds all the spice to a room.  Printed floor textures, rugs, pictures and wallpaper really make a model house POP...

I found some lovely dirty hospital wall tile textures that should look lovely in the embalming room.  A simple but subtilly moody wallpaper for the receiving room and some wood paneling for the office.

Here is the interior with the new wallpaper hung throughout.  I added the completed wall art as well.  I still have not added the furnishings, they are being base coated.  I may add a couple curtains (pva glue and toilet paper) but I want to wait to see it furnished first.

Here's the local resident medical student Herbert West providing a guided tour of the establishment.

This is the foyer, just inside the front door.

The coffin display will go at the far wall just around the corner, behind West.

Here is the embalming room.  I added a few too many anatomy charts but it looks nice.  I'll add the embalming table to the center of the room and the cadever locker on the wall in front of where West is facing.  Of course, I'll eventually be adding some blood splatters to this room.  But that can wait for now.

Add finally my piece of resistance...the mad mortician's office.  Straight from a Call of Cthulhu adventure...Imagine breaking into this nefarious establishment at night...only to have all your suspicions about the Mortician confirmed....

Oh yes, this guy definately has a problem.  A picture of a witch coven, a goule feeding in a graveyard, what are those images on the strewn papers?  Is that blood on the rug?  Mu Ha hA hA...

« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 03:33:39 PM by gauntman »
"Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small  boy....I keep it in a jar on my desk."
                ----- Robert Bloch------

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
Re: Interior Decorating
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 04:15:50 PM »
Great idea! Love those Goyas.

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 04:52:00 PM »
That is by Goya...very good!

I'm impressed by your knowledge of dark gothic art.  You've actually lead me to find some other artwork to add to some of my miniature buildings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_Devouring_His_Sons
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 05:14:06 PM by gauntman »

Offline blackstone

• Mastermind
    • Toad King Castings
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 10:20:58 PM »
Great stuff.. really jealous... The wall paper, rug, pictures work great.

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 11:37:35 PM »
Since I'm nearing the end of my stack of unpainted miniatures, .

I'm having a hard time comprehending this concept.... lol lol

I agree, it's the little things that really bring it all to life.  Really dig your work.

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 12:56:03 AM »
That is GREAT STUUF, man!  I love it!

Currently doing interiors on a host of 15mm "old Florida" buildings and houses for "Deep Ones in Florida"
Reigning USTA Florida, and National 50+ Singles Champion  (tennis)  TWO Time Florida 50+ Singles Champion!  Just won State 2019!

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 11:36:53 AM »
That is very well done.  I am in awe.

Jake
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
Re: Interior Decorating complete *more added pics*
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 05:39:26 PM »
I updated the interior pics to the main post.

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 05:50:36 PM »
That looks super cool!  :-*

Offline Bloodysword

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 08:20:41 PM »
I wish I had the patience to do detail work like that.  It really makes a difference.  Great job.

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 08:36:58 PM »
It took far less time and patience than you might imagine.  For the most part all you need to do is print, trim to fit, and glue.

Other than the cost of the posterboard, pva glue, paint, and paper.  Most of which all of us have on hand.  You can scrap build a three room building for less than a few dollars.  The longest step is tracing the brick pattern on the exterior and waiting for PVA glue to dry between pinning.  I'd encourage anyone whose never attempted to give it a try.  Grimm inspired me after seeing his Gillman House a few years ago.  I've made about four such buildings since and learned a lot by trial and error.  I'd say, I have about 5 hours of actual work time involved.  There have been days of drying time though.

Offline einarolafson

• Mastermind
    • Einar Olafson Painting
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 08:55:17 PM »
There are very nice ideas in your building. I like the use of Goya paintings, it gives the walls personality .

Have you played "Call of Cthulhu: Dark corners of the earth"? There are a lot of inspirational images in it.

Regards.

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 08:56:39 PM »
cool concept and well executed.  I like the wallpaper idea and the pictures.
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb...
- Dark Helmet

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 10:22:11 PM »
Have you played "Call of Cthulhu: Dark corners of the earth"? There are a lot of inspirational images in it.

Never played it but I watched nearly the entire walk-through on youtube.  It is wonderfully atmospheric.

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 04:38:34 AM »
Hi gauntman, your building is fantastic but what I really like are the embalming room (great anatomy charts, I know them well) and the the mad mortician's office. The floor of the embalming room looks very 'real', I have taken many anatomy courses and the labs really look like your room. They have those white tiles on the walls and tiles on the floor (for easy clean up). The office has a lot of cool details, love the rug with the blood, the table with the scolls and those paintings on the walls are perfect.

Full of awesomeness!
Damien