Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:51:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689776
  • Total Topics: 118295
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: YET MORE Night Goblins from HELL! VERY Photo Heavy  (Read 8601 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
YET MORE Night Goblins from HELL! VERY Photo Heavy
« on: March 02, 2011, 03:19:42 PM »
...well, actually the Little Green Guys & Friends originally came from Sound Beach, but "from HELL!" seemed more likely to catch your attention.
After a long period of procrastination, my Amigo Mordheimer surprised me with 102 photos of a few units from the Horde of Miscreants besieging his photo booth thingy. Ergo, I thought I'd inflict them on my Fellow L.A.F. Folk. SO without further delay, FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT & EDIFICATION I almost humbly present:

Barf O'Bilge's Bounding Boys:

Morbid McMurch's Epicures:

Gouger McGoon's Gourmets:

There now...giving you a moment or two to allow your stomachs to settle, I'll put up a few Giant photos.
Comments & Critiques are MOST WELCOME...mostly.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Donpimpom

• Mad Scientist
    • Tabletop Fantasy
Re: YET MORE Night Goblins from HELL! VERY Photo Heavy
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 03:29:21 PM »
Wow! Great visual coherence!
I always loved mushrooms on goblin bases, but those oversized mushrooms are really top!
I really like also the moon banner on the trolls unit.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »
As threatened, The Giants:

There are several more units yet to be photographed...consider yourselves warned. In the meantime, your comments & critiques may save you from further photographic torture.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 04:33:35 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, Donpinpom! The Mushrooms are probably a manifestation of my misspent youth.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 04:39:29 PM »
So vibrant! And so detailed! And so red/pinkish! You'd have to be careful your eyes weren't burnt out of their sockets! The character on these is amazing, though clearly the colours used must be your favourite, since didn't you also have the Giant Rhino in a similar colour as well?

Either way, very superb and very unique, I will say though, the Giant with the log better watch out, that mushroom beneath him looks veeeeery dangerous given the direction in which it is pointing!

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 04:45:58 PM »
These are so bloody awesome I don't know where to begin! Even if the models aren't oldschool I still get seriously oldschool vibes. Guess it's the composition and your painting style.
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 05:56:31 PM »
Hi DeafNala, Nice painting but even nicer modeling, I always enjoy your bases. So many mushrooms and so pointy; that second Giant better watch he doesn't slip on something 'cause he'll get impaled in a sensitive spot! Great vibrant colours and beautiful painting.

Cheers
Damien

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 09:21:00 PM »
Morbid McMurch's Epicures
lol

More superb stuff - louder than Noise Marines or Goff Rock Bands for that matter!  8)

Those bases are shroom-tastic!

Can you translate the latin inscriptions on the banners for us?

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 09:50:10 PM »
Thanks MUCHO, Guys! Positive feedback is always a big motivator with moi.

@Thantsants: the Squig Herder banner has "In Fungo Veritas"="In fungus there is truth" on the one side; on the averse side is "Veritas Liberatis"="the truth will set you free".

@Brummie: Lulu (the Rhino) was part of the "army"; despite her impressive bulk & charm, she counted as a bolt thrower...sad, but true. She's floating around on page two I think.

When Modheimer finally gets the last of the photos taken (five units of infantry), you'll get an idea just how nuts I went with the mushrooms.

Offline Bloodysword

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 10:19:07 PM »
Long Island represent!  That whole army is amazing :o  I'm almost mad that you are that talented and I'm not.  I keep scrolling down to look at them.  Thank you.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 10:38:59 PM »
That is one bright army!  Great paintwork, and they have a really unified look, like an army should.  :)
Jim

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 03:02:20 AM »
Thanks, Guys! This is proving to be a very positive experience for moi.

Long Island represent!  That whole army is amazing :o  I'm almost mad that you are that talented and I'm not.  I keep scrolling down to look at them.  Thank you.

I think from checking out your stuff...especially the Chaos Lads...it's only a matter of time before you leave me in the dust. It seems like most of my painting career I've had at least one Guy whose ability left me in awe...I out lasted them all [insert evil laughter here].

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 09:27:50 AM »
They are insane and I love it! I really like how you captured the mad 80s vibe (sorry, there it is again) in more recent models. What does the squig hopper banner say (the stictched one)? It's a shame the squig herder banner is bent though. Otherwise I love the colours and mushrooms throughout. Also your drybrush on the static grass really ties it in with the colours. I'm looking forward to seeing your infantry. The giants are nicely painted but not as special as those dynamic goblins.
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 02:46:19 PM »
Thanks, Pil! Posting photos is still a fairly new thing with moi; it's always a pleasant surprise when Folks take the time to comment on my little horrors; and its a GREATLY appreciated surprise at that.
I agree about the Giants. Basically they are the creation of someone else...I merely based & painted them. The Goblins are much more of my own creatures. Their wonderfully expressive faces were enough of an inspiration that I took them as my own & expanded on their personalities. I'm more noted for my terrain than my painting; doing up the bases gave me an opportunity to channel that aspect of my work into the overall effect.
The cobbled together banner is suppose to be bits from captured, possibly stolen standards. The motto is "Sigmar mit uns"; i.e., "Sigmar is with us."

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 03:31:28 PM »
Show us more!  :)

Damien