Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:00:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690801
  • Total Topics: 118351
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Hinterland Releases  (Read 16324 times)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Re: New Hinterland Releases
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 04:43:30 PM »
Princess Cecilie is a beauty, great update on the line, thumbs up, Mancha!

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 05:28:47 PM »
Thanks for all the positive feedback, guys.  I’m actually a trifle surprised with the enthusiasm for Cecilie; I guess I owe you all my thanks for your insistence that I make her.  To respond to some questions and points:

Regarding “too-modern” Trench Raiders: Yeah, I thought that might be a problem.  I’ve been trying to design these miniatures so as to fit into the late 1800s right into WWI.  The raiders obviously aren’t as versatile as the previous hussars (which is why I’ll probably limit myself to the one pack).  When I designed them I saw them as sort of a “pulpy” offshoot.  And while I think trench raiders necessarily need to be wearing pants, do you all think I should keep all future releases in skirts?

Plynkes: I always saw Princess Viktoria as posing with her hand resting on her holster, as opposed to drawing.  ;)  My suspicion is I need the gun holsters though.  These minis are intended to appeal to “army” builders.  I just don’t think they’d have sufficient appeal to single-mini buyers.

Ray: I had intended the Trench Raiders to be a stand-alone set.  However, if sales surprise me, perhaps I’ll make some Pickelhaube troops in skirts.  The next release will include another new-uniform pack (or two), so it will be a while before I revisit the Pickelhaube.  I have been thinking, on the other hand, that the Pickelhaube might be a good hat-choice for zeppelin troops.  What do you think?

Elprez: The Trench Raiders and Cecilie have the usual small integral bases, as seen on the zombies and previous Hinterland releases.  Thanks for asking.  And responding to your other comment, I LOVE that particular horse.  I had this picture in my mind of what mounted Viktoria would look like, including her horse, and, lo and behold, eBob had the exact horse pose I was thinking of.  Joy!

Thanks again for all the positive feedback.

Mancha/Jason

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 05:43:13 PM »
Jason, I love these models. The mounted Viktoria is beautifully done, and the others are great. I may not be purchasing the Zombies, but I applaud the idea

Plynkes: I always saw Princess Viktoria as posing with her hand resting on her holster, as opposed to drawing.  ;)  My suspicion is I need the gun holsters though.  These minis are intended to appeal to “army” builders.

I agree, I've always seen the fig as resting her hand on her holster

Offline Tommy20

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 05:50:53 PM »
Love the new princessess!  Another vote for a unit for Cecilie to command.

You list the mounted figs among the "next round" of releases.  Are we talking weeks or months here?

-Tommy
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 05:57:52 PM by Tommy20 »
-Tommy

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 05:51:08 PM »
I wouldn't mind a skirted pack of pikelhaubettes, using Cecile as a model.
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 05:58:33 PM »
You list the mounted figs among the "next round" of releases.  Are we talking weeks or months here?

Months - sorry.  :(  Paul has the horses and dollies but, to my knowledge, hasn't started work on them yet.

Offline Matakakea

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 06:04:43 PM »
Well, the new Princess Viktoria pushed me over the edge and I've just put in my first order ;D
This is a beautifly posed figure. Whats needed now is the bugler she is obviously instructing to blow 'Draw Sabres'. Regardless, I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Matakakea.
I'm not a mercenary. Killing's more of a hobby for me.

Offline Tommy20

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 06:09:21 PM »
Months - sorry.  :(  Paul has the horses and dollies but, to my knowledge, hasn't started work on them yet.

No worries.  That will give me time to save up my pennies.  I've been holding off ordering, waiting for the mounted figs, and will need the whole collection now!

Whats needed now is the bugler she is obviously instructing to blow 'Draw Sabres'.

Ooh, yes!  Put me down for one of those as well!  Mounted and dismounted, please!  :D

Offline Elprez

• Mad Scientist
  • LXG
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 06:16:12 PM »
Can I add my vote to the requests for a bugler, and a skirted pickelhaube pack please?
All in yours and Paul's good time, of course.

And the more I look at the photo of the Princess, the more I am certain that Mr Hicks has sculpted her expression to match that of the horse, which somehow seems so...right,  lol.

Happy Birthday Hinterland.
http://extraordinarygentlemensjournal.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/VSFMiniatures
Still, a chap ought to look smart in front of the men, don't you think?

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 06:29:15 PM »
Very nice figs. Quite fancy painting the new Princesses.
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011, 06:40:56 PM »
Very cool models Mancha!  Keep up the great work.
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb...
- Dark Helmet

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011, 06:42:45 PM »
And the more I look at the photo of the Princess, the more I am certain that Mr Hicks has sculpted her expression to match that of the horse, which somehow seems so...right,  lol.

Blimey, you're right.  How'd I miss that?!  :o

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2011, 06:52:59 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking that the side saddle would never work for a fighting model, but this is awesome!

Never saw that she was on a side saddle! Thanks for the reaction  ;)

Ps: there's a small error in the description of the zombies on your site: "l though I'm totally not into zombies, nevertheless, inspired by some amazing threads at the Lead Adentiure Forum and a sense of wacky adventure, I succum ..."

Greets,
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 06:56:32 PM by Belgian »
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 06:56:28 PM »
I'm starting to feel a bit of draw myself, but, while I agree about long skirts in the trench, I prefer them, and would simply refer to them as 'dress' uniforms...  :D

Doug

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 07:01:49 PM »
Ps: there's a small error in the description of the zombies on your site: "l though I'm totally not into zombies, nevertheless, inspired by some amazing threads at the Lead Adentiure Forum and a sense of wacky adventure, I succum ..."

Ah, thanks for the heads-up.  I think I would have preferred a PM though.   :(   ;)