Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:57:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689749
  • Total Topics: 118292
  • Online Today: 821
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Playtesting request and question  (Read 1769 times)

Offline simons

• Lurker
    • http://stumpsfirstgame.blogspot.com/
Playtesting request and question
« on: October 08, 2007, 12:52:41 AM »
Hey all,

This is my first post here.  I had two questions for everyone.  I have been working on this skirmish-style strategy game (I keep debating on the name between Game X and Escape from Illeria).  I have playtested it for a few months with my good friends, and now am searching for a wider audience to playtest it.  My first question is, well, is there anyone on this site who would like to try it?  It’s a fantasy skirmish game where you use your own pieces to make your party (more details below*).  It takes about 2, maybe 3 hours to play, and probably 30 minutes for game setup and party creation.  If you’re interested, please PM me and I’ll email you a pdf of the rules.  Heck, at this point I'd love it if someone just read the rules and gave feedback.  

Second, more general (and if this is the wrong place to post this, let me know): Does anyone have advice on finding playtesters?  I have posted to online sites, and asked my friends.  I will be moving soon, so I’m not sure how well the local gaming store will work (esp since my friend has said that they are mostly Magic players).  I feel like there must be other resources out there, but none are coming ho mind.  Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Simon

*If you’d like more details, my design blog is www.stumpsfirstgame.blogspot.com, or below is my short blurb/advertisement for the game:

"No one is really sure what happened, all they know is that the all wizards of the Isle of Illeria are gone, and that the fruits of nearly three hundred years of their work was simply left behind.  The thought of the unimaginable riches within has drawn treasure hunters and adventurers from around the world.  However, even if the wizards are absent, their presence and the effects of their work can still be felt, as those who enter the island begin to feel a strong connection with the spirit realm, a parallel world when magical energy is drawn from.  

Game X is a wargame/RPG hybrid, set on the Isle of Illeria.  It was designed in a way that attempts to bring more in-depth strategy into the game.  Due to the rift between the worlds, each game takes place on two boards, one to represent the real world, and one the spirit world.  Players must split both their attention and resources between each world, as defeat in either often means death in both.  Each player controls a party of characters, and is expected to supply his or her own models (rather than ones coming from a Game X boxed set).  Because there are no set models, individual characters are highly customizable, with 26 character types (and options to create your own), and over 100 abilities."
"It is well that war is so terrible, lest we grow too fond of it." ? General Lee

http://stumpsfirstgame.blogspot.com/