Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:02:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690584
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: TooFatLardies 'Sharp Practice' for the F&IW (TEST Game - 40 Images - 5/1/11)  (Read 23387 times)

Offline Bloodysword

• Scientist
Great report and an excellent collection.  I enjoyed reading it.

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
A truly inspirational report, SI. So much so that I have knuckled under and bought the PDF from Too Fat Lardies. It seemed timely, given my impending order from Conquest Miniatures...

I'm looking forward to further information on using Sharp Practice for the F&IW, as I can't really see myself using it for Napoleonics.

Pardon my glove, but did you omit using blinds completely in your initial test? Were they not really pertinent in a solo game? I thought that blinds seemed like one of the more interesting tactical innovations of the rules set (plus I kept envisioning unit-size blind markers featuring innocent-looking empty fields with a few suspicious trees and bushes, or a flock of suddenly deadly ducklings...).  ;)
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
I'm sure Si will answer in time, but the use of Blinds would be pretty much wasted in a solo game, knowing of course what lied beneath them. They would still allow a Group under Blinds to move a little quicker and prevent them from being fired on.

You can see how we used the blinds here  http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/2010/11/chases-rescue-part-ii.html I highly recommend their use in a standard game.
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
Thanks for the clarification. It seems like blinds would be worthwhile even in solo play however, as Big Men would be forced to burn command points in spotting, no?

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
Thanks for the clarification. It seems like blinds would be worthwhile even in solo play however, as Big Men would be forced to burn command points in spotting, no?
Spot on!

I regard Furt as 'the man' when it comes to the SP rules, he seems to know them inside out!  :D

Too kind SI, I'm sure you are becoming quite the expert yourself!

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
In addition to the work being done on this forum by these two gents, the toofatlardies yahoo group contains some great resources and modifications.  There are three STUNNING scenarios posted by a talented fan. Check those out as well.