Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:45:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

?

Honest sir, it fell off the back of a cart (Valleyboy)
Constructing an army (Raz)

Author Topic: ROUND 9 Honest sir, it fell off the back of a cart vs Constructing an army  (Read 3649 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
?

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
Nice entries, though the 2nd one made my eyes water... Might have chosen a different colour for the font ;)
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Raz

• Scientist
Great entry Valleyboy, I love all the bright colours and the crisp look of the painting, it's a nice scene as well :)

Offline valleyboy

• Mad Scientist
    • Valleyboy's Wargames
Cheers Raz, I'm going to take them all off their individual bases soon and get them sorted into a full unit on a close order base once I've painted the rest except for the Looters though. The building was also the only 28mm one in my posession until I bought some TSS buildings at Salute

I really like the colours and background in your entry but have no idea what the figures are - for me that's part of the beauty of this LPL, seeing really nicely painted stuff that I never would have known existed
I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns. - Winston Churchill

Offline Raz

• Scientist
Certainly, seeing all the ideas, creativity and great models is the part I as well love most about the LPL.

My miniatures are from Privateer Press, it's a unit of woldstalkers led by a druid from the Circle of Orboros. The stalkers are animated constructs made from stone and wood with the druid controlling them.

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Two great entries! The first has a very nice storyline and even the paper building has received enough attention and camouflage to not be disturbingly two-dimensional, excellent work!

The paint-job on those Hordes models is nice as ever. I really like your treatment of those blue orbs Raz, very effective, your army must be quite large by now!
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Bobbo

• Librarian
Raz, I've always enjoyed the look you've achieved with all your Circle minis.  The blue glowing parts are my favorite.  I was out looking at hordes models the other day thanks to you.  :)

Offline Parriah

• Mad Scientist
Two great entries! The first has a very nice storyline and even the paper building has received enough attention and camouflage to not be disturbingly two-dimensional, excellent work!

The paint-job on those Hordes models is nice as ever. I really like your treatment of those blue orbs Raz, very effective, your army must be quite large by now!

I hadn't noticed it WAS paper until you said that and I went back to see! :o
Quality has a quantity of its own
FIAWOL!
Br549

Offline Leapsnbounds

• Mad Scientist
It really wasn't that fair for me as I have a large Ldnsknecht Army to begin with.  Both entries are superb

Offline Raz

• Scientist
Thanks guys, I'm really pleased with how the shiny and glowing bits turned out (had enough practice by now ;)). The army is growing nicely (hence the title) and I only need to paint one more unit of seven druids to complete my 35 points force.

Raz, I've always enjoyed the look you've achieved with all your Circle minis.  The blue glowing parts are my favorite.  I was out looking at hordes models the other day thanks to you.  :)

Cheers, that's as fine a compliment as I ever got 8) Any faction in particular that you like?