Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:18:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686597
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 614
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A Thirty Years War FoG:R battle  (Read 2503 times)

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
A Thirty Years War FoG:R battle
« on: May 31, 2011, 05:15:33 AM »
(TYW & ECW belong in Swashbuckling, I think? If not, please punt over to Other Adventures!)

First outing for my (not even finished yet!) TYW/ECW force, all Warlord plastics at this point. I formed up as an allied German force on the left wing of a larger German army, facing off against a French army with one wing of an allied English New Model Army force.

A few of my photos, concentrating on my own force mostly. There was a larger battle happening off to the right of my force, but I've not yet posted those photos. If you're interested, please ask!

Thirty Years War I: German Ranks by WireLizard, on Flickr

Thirty Years War II: French Ranks by WireLizard, on Flickr

Thirty Years War III: My Force by WireLizard, on Flickr

Thirty Years War IV: My High-Water Mark by WireLizard, on Flickr

Thirty Years War V: In Which I Am Destroyed! by WireLizard, on Flickr

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: A Thirty Years War FoG:R battle
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 02:34:19 PM »
Looking good. I'm not really a fan of the Warlord ECW plastics, but these do look good en masse.

You've got a lot of painting to do though!  ::)  ;)

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
Re: A Thirty Years War FoG:R battle
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 06:38:34 AM »
Looking good. I'm not really a fan of the Warlord ECW plastics, but these do look good en masse.

You've got a lot of painting to do though!  ::)  ;)

Both forces are mostly Warlord plastic, with a scattering of metal from Warlord and other companies in the larger French and German forces.

My own forces - all of two pike-and-shot units and one horsed - are better than half painted; the other allied force, the one I mostly destroyed, was entirely unpainted, not even primered. Just goes to show you - never put unpainted stuff on the table, the Karma Gods don't approve! Even partially painted ain't cool; the horse that destroyed my (partially painted) foot units were fully painted, based and everything. They even had regimental names and histories!

I have to say the Warlord plastics are fun, they're easy to assemble, easy to convert and something about them encourages conversions and messing about. When they're finished and presentable I'll share closeups of the officers and standardbearers I created from the Warlord set; I'm especially pleased with the standard bearer of my second regiment, who started out as a musketeer.

Forgot to add that I've done a bit of more of a writeup over on The Warbard - same photos as here, though!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 06:43:15 AM by Wirelizard »