Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:01:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689239
  • Total Topics: 118265
  • Online Today: 526
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Strange Aeons - Resurgence?  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
Strange Aeons - Resurgence?
« on: January 16, 2024, 02:28:57 PM »
Sorry to be a tease but I recently heard a rumour that SA might be having a bit of a comeback.  No details as yet.  Hopefully there will be news in the none too distant future.
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline ZenWired

• Librarian
    • A Rust Monster Ate My Sword
Re: Strange Aeons - Resurgence?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 02:23:28 PM »
 :o
My RPG blog: A Rust Monster Ate My Sword
My miniatures gaming blog: A Hard Won Thing

"You fool, Warren is DEAD!"

Offline skawitch

• Schoolboy
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 03:46:30 PM »
Ooh - this is brilliant to hear! I've recently been on the case trying to get ahold of all the materials digitally (I'm now only missing the Twisted Fate deck & Shocking Tales 2 &3). I assumed that the game was dead at this point, and was planning on uploading all the materials I could get to BGG to try keep the memory of the game alive, but I'm beyond happy that won't need to happen!

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 06:03:17 PM »
That would be great if this happens- I missed out on buying a copy of the second edition and I would like to add it to my collection.

Offline ZenWired

• Librarian
    • A Rust Monster Ate My Sword
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024, 03:27:18 PM »
Ooh - this is brilliant to hear! I've recently been on the case trying to get ahold of all the materials digitally (I'm now only missing the Twisted Fate deck & Shocking Tales 2 &3). I assumed that the game was dead at this point, and was planning on uploading all the materials I could get to BGG to try keep the memory of the game alive, but I'm beyond happy that won't need to happen!

skawitch, if you're looking for a complete collection of Strange Aeons rules, you might also want to get a copy of issue #3 of the Strange Aeons magazine. It's generally unrelated to the game, but this issue included rules for The King in Yellow for UMW's Strange Aeons. It looks like it's still available (without the resin KiY miniature, unfortunately):

http://strange-aeons.com/store_03.html

(Also, be sure to check my last message to you on BGG - I managed to find one of the other things you were looking for!  :) )

Offline nowheredog

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 09:57:59 PM »
skawitch, if you're looking for a complete collection of Strange Aeons rules, you might also want to get a copy of issue #3 of the Strange Aeons magazine. It's generally unrelated to the game, but this issue included rules for The King in Yellow for UMW's Strange Aeons. It looks like it's still available (without the resin KiY miniature, unfortunately):

http://strange-aeons.com/store_03.html

(Also, be sure to check my last message to you on BGG - I managed to find one of the other things you were looking for!  :) )
Just to clarify. The same rules and profile for the King in Yellow is covered in the 2nd edition book (page 93). Same as almost every thing, except the krampus covered in the other magazines. I donīt know about the Fthagn suscription, never put my hands on it. But the rest it's all there. That seems the intention of Mike's when he made the 2nd Editon Campaign, to put everything including all the Shocking Tales in just a single book.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 10:01:46 PM by nowheredog »

Offline nowheredog

• Lurker
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2024, 10:09:51 PM »
So just to correct myself. Uncle Mike said in another post this: "Bits of the content (talking about tales of madness) may end up in the Second Edition but the greater majority of stuff will not. That is to say that all the Black Dossier content will be excluded from Second Edition with the hope of making a Black Dossier supplement later on. Hope that helps."
So seems the magazine still relevant for completists. Hope this clarifies everything.