Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:45:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Victory Decision FAQ - 08/09 Ambush Rule Update!!!  (Read 23170 times)

Offline TigerJon

• Student
Re: Victory Decision FAQ
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2012, 11:53:37 PM »
Agis, a couple questions:

1. When moving an attacking unit into CR of an enemy unit, if two models of the attacking unit are w/in CR of just one enemy unit, does the player with the attacking unit get two CC die to roll or just one?

2. Why do assaulting units get to re-roll damage dice(die) and how many times?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 10:20:57 AM by Agis »

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2012, 10:20:16 AM »
Q1: When moving an attacking unit into CR of an enemy unit, if two models of the attacking unit are w/in CR of just one enemy unit, does the player with the attacking unit get two CC die to roll or just one?
A1:   I presume that you are talking about 2 models attacking 1 enemy model. Follow “Establish the number of CC DD” under  6.1 Assault. Since in your example both assaulting models have one enemy model (here the very same) in CR they both roll 1 DD.

Q 2. Why do assaulting units get to re-roll damage dice(die) and how many times?
A2: Because the initial charge provides a serious bonus that should somehow be reflected in the rules.
For Re-Rolls see “1.3 Re-Rolls” in the rulebook.

cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline TigerJon

• Student
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2012, 01:07:28 AM »
Agis,

This is going to sound like a dumb question, so i'm sorry.

What is the difference between Critical and Hit? Can you give me an example of how each is used during a shoot action or assult action? Thanks!

-Jon

Offline Solins

• Assistant
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2012, 07:05:47 AM »
A critical hit work like two normal hits.

So when you suffer a critical hit, you must roll two saves.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2012, 12:22:00 PM »
Basic description of Hit/ Crit can be found on Page 12.
Assaults - Page 16
Shoot – Page 16

Offline David

• Scientist
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2012, 11:14:51 AM »
I download the rules last night. (11/05/2012)
Have they been updated to any errors and FAQ over the last year?
is there a errata sheet?
David
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 11:19:07 AM by David »

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2012, 01:22:39 PM »
I download the rules last night. (11/05/2012)
Have they been updated to any errors and FAQ over the last year?
is there a errata sheet?
David
This is one of the good things of an ebook, it is always up to date!
 ;)
The last Rule book Change was 2011-07-16, see Page 2 of this thread.
So if you downloaded the rules yesterday all is fine.

As far as a FAQ is concerned, you are reading the topic right now, all answers are here.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2012, 11:12:34 AM »
Hi,

The following clarifications / changes are added (do not worry - the ebooks are already changed and uploaded, just reload them!), everything new is marked in red:

6.8 - Shoot
Choose Target: …
Checking Range: …
Line of Sight: The Line of Sight (LoS) is a “virtual” straight line drawn from the centre of the shooting model to the centre of any model in the target unit. LoS is blocked by enemy models, vehicles and terrain features such as buildings, hills, woods, etc. ...
Place Suppression Marker: …
Establish the number of Damage Dice being rolled: …
Damage Dice Modifier
Broken LoS: ... LoS is NOT broken if the only terrain feature between the models is a terrain feature that is no more than 2” thick – like a wall or hedge within 2” of of the shooting model.
Example: The German unit above wants to shoot at the US Sergeant. The Germans are standing within 2” of a low wall. Since the wall is no more than 2” thick LoS is not broken to the Sergeant.
Cover: ...A unit counts as in cover if the unit leader and half of his unit are fully within an appropriate terrain feature or within 2” behind cover providing scenery. ...
Note: It often depends on the position of the shooting models as well as the targets if Broken LoS or even Cover applies. If multiple models in a unit are shooting, you have to work out which Damage Dice Modifier is used from the point of view of the majority of the shooting models. If in doubt be generous with the Damage Dice Modifier!
Example: ...
If some models of a unit are in soft cover while others are in hard cover use the cover of the majority of the unit; if in doubt use the cover type of the unit leader.
If the unit leader is not visible (blocked LoS) from the point of view of the shooting models, use the damage dice modifier of the majority of the enemy models in LoS. If an equal number is in different types of cover, Broken LoS or even clear LoS, the player owning the targeted models decides which Damage Dice Modifier applies.

Roll Damage Dice: Simply roll the established number of Damage Dice and apply ONE of the following modifiers (Broken LoS OR Soft Cover OR Hard Cover):
Establish the number of Hits: …
Exception: If enough unsaved hits are caused on a Group- or Multibased Infantry unit or vehicle unit to remove a model with the HP/X ability (or Structure Points), you have to remove that model. Any additional unsaved hits can be distributed by the owning player.
Place additional Suppression Markers: …
Check if enemy unit becomes Shaken: …

Page 20 – 7.1 - Ambush
... Once revealed the unit can be activated in a later Initiative Segment.

Page 24 – 8.1 - Blast
The number after the feature indicates how big the radius of the Blast Area is.
The following sentence is deleted: To determine any cover modifiers, always assume that the shot is coming from the Target Point.
This rule applies only to Blast Attacks that also benefit from the Indirect feature.
Then count the number of models either fully or partially within the weapon’s Blast Area. This is the number of Damage Dice rolled against the targeted unit. If the unit is hidden you only roll half the established Damage Dice rounding down.

Page 51 – 15.2 – Night Fight
... The maximum range (including Air/Artillery Strikes) is 24”.

Page 61 – 20.1 British Rifle Platoon HQ Element
You may add up to one Light Mortar Team for +65 points and/ or one Radio Team for +45 points. Radio Team
Page 62 – 20.1 British Rifle Platoon HQ Element
Command Attachment – 45 points

Page 88 –23.1 US Army Rifle Platoon HQ Element
US Army Rifle Platoon Command - 170 points

Thanks again for buying Victory Decision.
Cheers
Agis Neugebauer, May 19, 2012

« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 06:39:33 AM by Agis »

Offline TigerJon

• Student
Re: Victory Decision FAQ - 05/19 Rule Update!!!
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2012, 02:54:13 PM »
Agis,

Another question.  I have not read the entire ruleset yet, but I am getting ready to place an online order for some goodies and wanted to know if arty pieces like PaK 40s and U.S. 57mm AT guns need vehicles like halftracks to move theme around the board. It would make sense they do, but if the rules don't state it, I don't want to buy stuff I don't need and that will clutter a table.  Thanks!

-Jon

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2012, 05:09:02 PM »
Towing guns is possible but you do not HAVE to do it.
AT Guns are better off using the Ambush Ability anyway.

Otherwise there is the following text in every TM to explain the idea behind giving not every gun the towing ability:
"Towed Guns
Few Guns in this book have the option to be towed by a vehicle. However - we are perfectly aware that many, many guns were able to be towed by dedicated artillery movers. The Quad Prime Mover was for example designed to be used as the main towing vehicle for the 25 pdr Heavy Field Gun. So please do not feel restricted if guns do not have this option. "

Offline TigerJon

• Student
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2012, 05:44:19 PM »
Outstanding! Then can the guns be moved during the game? If so, using regular infantry movement? If so, move, setup, fire? Move using all three actions?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 06:26:31 PM by TigerJon »

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2012, 06:39:53 PM »
Outstanding! Then can the guns be moved during the game? If so, using regular infantry movement? If so, move, setup, fire? Move using all three actions?
Simply read the rules...
 ;)
Example: P. 67 (6 pdr) under Cumbersome...

Offline JonasB

• Lurker
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2012, 11:13:43 AM »
Hi Agis,

I have recently decided to collect WWII miniatures in 28mm, and went with your rules to play some Pacific war skirmishes. I have enjoyed reading the rules, and have just started tinkering with a couple of army lists.

There is one thing I don’t understand with the Japanese lists, however, and I wonder if maybe there is a misprint in the list.
The different versions of Japanese platoon HQ seem to have very different point values, and I was wondering if all these are correct. For instance, the HQ of the regular IJA Infantry Platoon Command is listed as 240 points, including Lieutenant, Sergeant, and 4 soldiers. The SNLF command, on the other hand, only pays 150 points for the same figures. Is this intentional, and if so, why? If not, which one is correct?

I noticed that in both the other lists, the IJA Island warfare and the IJA Dual weapon platoon, the HQ consists of 2 minis and costs 150 points.
One more question, if I may. In the USMC list, the Raider platoon does not have the option for a bazooka team (as far as I could see), but the bazooka stats are listed under the weapons for the Raider squad. Should the Raider squad have an option to include a bazooka, should the platoon have the option to include a bazooka team, or should the Raider platoon not have any bazooka option at all?

Thanks for a great looking set of rules and army lists!

Cheers,

Jonas

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2012, 11:30:34 AM »
Good catches!  :o

The SNLF HQ is wrong - should be 240 pts
USMC Raiders do NOT have the option to take a Bazooka, the weapon table should not include the stats.

I will update both books tonight! Thanks.  8)
2012/07/19 - 20:00 - Both books (4 files) are updated.
Sorry again for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 07:00:54 PM by Agis »

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: Victory Decision FAQ - 08/09 Ambush Rule Update!!!
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2012, 02:11:39 PM »
Hi,

The following clarifications / changes are added, everything new is marked in red:
Page 20 – 7.1 - Ambush
Before the game begins note the location of the unit before any models are deployed on the table. This may be anywhere on the table outside the enemy's deployment zone.
The unit may be concealed in or behind an area of terrain as long as the noted location point is outside the enemy’s deployment zone. If you chose to place your ambush within terrain, the area of terrain must be big enough to deploy the concealed unit within it or big enough to completely block Line of Sight from all enemy units.
You can reveal the ambush by placing the unit on the table at any time after another unit (friendly or otherwise) has completed an action. The revealed unit counts as hidden, even if the unit normally can’t hide, for example because of the “Big gun” rule. Once revealed the unit can be activated in a later Initiative Segment.
The ambushing unit is also revealed if the Ambush location is within Leadership Distance of an enemy unit at any time. Enemy units with the Recon Ability add 2” to their Leadership Distance.

The unit must be revealed by the end of turn three or counts as destroyed.
Vehicles without the Open Special Property halve their Leadership Distance to reveal an ambushing unit. In addition Recon vehicles without the Open Special Property only add 1” to their Leadership Distance.

In addition the Cavalry and Motorcycle Abilities are now also included in the main rulebook.

Thanks again for buying Victory Decision.
Cheers
Agis Neugebauer, August 09, 2012

The ebooks are already updated at the Wargame Vault and all customers should have received an email about the change.