Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:00:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686618
  • Total Topics: 118114
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: unofficial Profile Cards for Threshold and Lurkers (Fanmade!) UPDATE!  (Read 5236 times)

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist
Hi folks.
Playing Malifaux for some times I got familliar with small Profile Cards which you could lay next to your models showing everything you need to know about this model.

Of course you still need some Record Sheet like the Rosters from the Strange Aeons Blog to manage the Agent "gang" but while playing a game (in my opinion) it's more handy to use smaller cards showing the profiles.

That's why I made some myself.

This is not official Strange Aeons Ressource! It's all fanmade by myself

• PDF-File (SA-Profile Cards HQ.pdf)
This is the first version of the cards.  Feel free to download the pdf and print it.
The cards will be 3.5x5.7cm big and you have to glue the pieces (front and back) seperately.

Edit:
I'm working on a second version of the cards (making it easier to print them, I hope  ::))
I've attached the word Document of the new Card-version (printerfriendly.doc)

The "luxus" edition with the pictures will follow soon.

The new cards are a little bit bigger than the old ones making it easier to read after printed.

I have not tested the second version yet myself! I hope the Duplex print will work  :?

• Doc-File (printerfriendly.doc)
This is the new, second edition of the cards. With this document you can fill in characteristics and notes which wouldn't change during a game before printing it (I suggest to laminate the printed cards and using a non water resistant permanent marker to write down all stats and skills that could change during a game).
And of course I hope you could make a duplex print (safing the time to glue all pieces together) But sadly I couldn't test this feature yet!
-> Please tell me if there is a problem with the duplex print!

Please note!

You have to rename the files after downloading.
Rename "SA-Profile Cards HQ.pdf" and "SA-Profile Cards v2 (printerfriendly).pdf" into .pdf files to open it with a pdf reader.
Rename "printerfriendly.doc" into a .doc file.
Otherwise you will get strange file names (consisting of letters and digits) which can't be opened.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:03:03 PM by Yggdrasil »

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: unofficial Profile Cards for Threshold and Lurkers (Fanmade!)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 07:42:31 PM »
Those are great! Thank you  :)

Offline einarolafson

• Mastermind
    • Einar Olafson Painting
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 07:47:12 PM »
Thanks!! Downloaded!!

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 08:59:40 PM »
I'm being dim but cant find the link

Offline Aeneades

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 09:00:55 PM »
It is in a very small font at the bottom of the original post -

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=30110.0;attach=3976

(I found that the file name was lost when downloaded so had to rename it back to being a .pdf document to open)
The Cult of the Black Goat Cultist No. 33

Offline LidlessEye

• Mad Scientist
  • Recovering Cultist
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 10:58:42 PM »
Is a deck of reference cards something that people would interested in as an "official" product?  Maybe punched in one corner so they could be placed on a ring.  Not saying it's something we'd necessarily be able to do, as I have no idea what the cost would be, but curious all the same.

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 06:10:59 AM »
Is a deck of reference cards something that people would interested in as an "official" product?  Maybe punched in one corner so they could be placed on a ring.  Not saying it's something we'd necessarily be able to do, as I have no idea what the cost would be, but curious all the same.

These cards are great and depending on the cost I would consider buying them as an official product.

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 07:15:25 AM »
Wow, Thank you for this nice feedback  :)

I like the idea!
But I don't know if the demand would be high enough to be worth offering such cards for money. Maybe you could design a downgraded card variant first offering for free on the blog.
Then you see how often theses cards will be downloaded and you could decide, if the number of downloads is worth to offer these cards as a "luxus" variant in the onlineshop :)

I'm working on printerfriendly variants right now (without the coloured backgrounds). I#m going to upload these plain cards this afternoon.

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 09:12:11 AM »
Good idea, Blood Bowl used that same idea years ago, a card with the stats of the miniature on it plus a picture of the character the stats belonged to, you could some thing similar taking a picture of your own miniatures.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 11:19:34 AM »
I had some problems opening/downloading it. After chosing 'download', I had to refresh the resulting page to get the download dialogue, but then I succeeded in saving it to disk.

They are nicely done.

Now, if they were perfectly centered on the page you could have the faces on one side, backs on another, then print duplex on heavy paper?

I think it would  be nice to have an editable file, too (especially for the Lurkers) so that stats could be written before printing - that way a set of pre-made Lurker cards could be made to choose from, when a Lurker list has to be created. Those could be laminated for durability (glued and hand-written ones can too, obviously).

Did you make them with Word, an image editor, or a DTP application?
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 12:10:08 PM »
Now, if they were perfectly centered on the page you could have the faces on one side, backs on another, then print duplex on heavy paper?

Good Idea.
I'm going to spent some more time for the cards, trying to make them "duplex printable" (this surly would make things easier)

I used an image editor as well as word (the easiest way) and just spent an hour for the Document. I didnt aspected such a great demand for the cards.

I think I have to work on a second version....

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 12:37:13 PM »
So you made the cards in an image editor - then put them in a Word doc?

If you then give access to the Word document, we have the editable file - it is possible to place a text-box on top of a picture, and then put in the stats/text needed.

And don't underestimate the usefulness of these - They make it possible to make different versions (with different skills/weapons/points costs) of every Lurker model one owns - and then just pick the cards up to the points total needed to match Treshold.

In fact, this is so darn simple (apart from the work needed to make the cards), that it should be made an official feature of the game (a set of pre-made cards should be available for the basic version of every Lurker found in a rulebook - without the fluff and rules text, of course - people should still have a good reason to buy the books  ;) ).

Just flippin' brilliant! I'm just a bit annoyed with myself for not coming up with this... Well, due to work overload, probably...  lol

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 02:42:47 PM »
It is in a very small font at the bottom of the original post -

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=30110.0;attach=3976

(I found that the file name was lost when downloaded so had to rename it back to being a .pdf document to open)

Thanks

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 04:28:51 PM »
I've finished the printerfriendly updated Version of the cards.

At the bottom of my first post you can find the word document (beneath the pdf of the old Card Version).

The word Document is no high end document, please be patient. It was a lot of work (and I'm not a profi with word  ;D )

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:42:26 PM by Yggdrasil »

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
Re: unofficial Profile Cards for Threshold and Lurkers (Fanmade!) UPDATE!
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 06:35:39 PM »
That is a great idea.  Good 'official' look and great for quick reference.  Nice work.
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb...
- Dark Helmet