Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:19:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690587
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Sherlock Holmes  (Read 9912 times)

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
Sherlock Holmes
« on: June 22, 2011, 06:38:33 AM »
Hi my daughters just discovered the delights of the Holmes books and the Jeremy brett tv series ,I was wondering if there are any decent Holmes & Watson figures about , I have seen some but would prefer Holmes at least unarmed and 28mm scale .

Offline Black Cat Bases

• Catwoman
  • Mad Scientist
    • http://www.blackcatbases.com
Re: Sherlock Holmes
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 07:25:49 AM »
By chance I put this old figure on Ebay last night!: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300570298330&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT I have no idea whether he is the sort of thing you are looking for?

Jo:)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 07:27:45 AM »
Hi my daughters just discovered the delights of the Holmes books and the Jeremy brett tv series ,I was wondering if there are any decent Holmes & Watson figures about , I have seen some but would prefer Holmes at least unarmed and 28mm scale .

Brigade games makes the superior one, IMO. They are Paul Hick's work.

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 08:02:37 AM »
Foundry has some nice Holmes sets as well.
I am looking for the following Deadlands minis:  Shotgun Thug, Lost Soul, Cleaners, Railroad Workers & Feral Dead. If you have any of these minis, or if you are one, please send me a PM.

Offline Donpimpom

• Mad Scientist
    • Tabletop Fantasy
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 08:08:19 AM »
http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/holmes/sku-down/50059#detail/50059_w_1

good point, comes with a set of hands with multiple choices, gun, somking, book, etc
bad point, as many chronoscope miniatures is a bit out of scale for 28mm, how tall Holmes is supposed to be?

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 08:29:05 AM »
Westwind Productions have a Holmes and Watson in their Gothic Horror range.

There was an old Salute giveaway figure of Holmes a few years back.

Spyglass Miniatures do Holmes and Ironclad Miniatures do both Holmes and Watson.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 08:31:53 AM »
Brigade look the best, but those particular figs aren't available in the UK as far as I'm aware I tried Northstar, but no joy), and the P&P from the US was pretty high. Here they are: http://www.brigadegames.com/Detectives-2_p_792.html

In the end I bought the Foundry Holmes and Watson during their last clearance sale (the two end models, right hand side here: http://wargamesfoundry.com/historical_ranges/single_packs/victoriana/victoriana/consulting_detectives_vc101/?sector_id= )

Unfortunately, Foundry have decided to package them up into a blister these days, so you have to buy figures you don't want in order to get the two that you do! Maybe eBay can help?

The Spyglass Holmes was probably my favourite sculpt, but is long out of production and I've been unable to track one down.

Hope that's of some help.

Offline TheShadow

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 08:55:57 AM »
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!"
"The weed of crime bears bitter fruit. Crime does not pay.... The Shadow knows!"

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 09:56:11 AM »
Previous iteration of this search, maybe something there?

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 10:30:28 AM »
Thanks for all the help , a couple  of the links I cannot access from the work pc so I will look later when i get home but I am sure there will be something there, the Ironclad ones look good Thanks again every one

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
  • Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 02:59:13 PM »
Grenadier made a Holmes in 25mm as part of their Cthulhu range...
"What exactly is a 'Headpiece to the Staff of Ra'?"

RicharDISNEY

Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 03:43:16 PM »
The Spyglass Holmes was probably my favourite sculpt, but is long out of production and I've been unable to track one down.

I've seen them come up on Ebay from time to time.  And Artemis Black still have them listed - that's where I got mine some years back.  Artemis is a hard man to track down though.   ::)  http://www.artemisblacks.com/eolith.shtml

I painted mine along with the Giant Rat of Sumatra.

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 04:35:15 PM »
Thanks for all the help , a couple  of the links I cannot access from the work pc so I will look later when i get home but I am sure there will be something there, the Ironclad ones look good Thanks again every one

The Ironclad ones are certainly the most Jeremy Brett-like of any range. Most of the others go for the classic deerstalker cap and inverness cape look.
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • www.gallopingmajorwargames.com
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 04:50:25 PM »
In the end I bought the Foundry Holmes and Watson during their last clearance sale (the two end models, right hand side here: http://wargamesfoundry.com/historical_ranges/single_packs/victoriana/victoriana/consulting_detectives_vc101/?sector_id= )

Unfortunately, Foundry have decided to package them up into a blister these days, so you have to buy figures you don't want in order to get the two that you do! Maybe eBay can help?

The two Foundry figures in that picture were originally released as limited edition giveaways (as was the Moriarty figure) - so much for that then. I always liked this pair the best, still do, just not quite enough to have got round to painting them  :)

www.gallopingmajorwargames.com
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:52:13 PM by Galloping Major »

Offline Stavros Banjo

• Scientist
  • I despise normality
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 05:13:49 PM »
I've got the Westwind Holmes & Watson figs kicking around somewhere if they are of any use to you. Pretty sure there's some London Bobbies from the same range lurking somewhere too.
...and what fresh new hell is this?