Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:26:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Cheetors Judge Dredd Stuff: Emerald Isle Judge 16/03/14  (Read 27973 times)

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
Re: Cheetors Judge Dredd Stuff: UPDATE 08/02/12 Dark Judges Finished
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2012, 10:35:50 AM »
I once saw some bear traps that a guy had made using pairs of the armoured jaw pieces from 40K ork miniatures (the Iron Gob bits).  They might be an easy option.

I think that there's a trap on one of the Warhammer plastic Ogre sprues.

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2012, 10:57:21 AM »
I think that there's a trap on one of the Warhammer plastic Ogre sprues.

Confirmed.  A quick Ebay search for "ogre trap" gave a few options.  It seems to be included as part of a number of the Ogre Kingdom sprues.  I just picked up a four traps and other accessories including shipping from the US for €6.50.

Thanks for the heads up :)

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2012, 11:22:17 AM »

Confirmed.  A quick Ebay search for "ogre trap" gave a few options.  It seems to be included as part of a number of the Ogre Kingdom sprues.  I just picked up a four traps and other accessories including shipping from the US for €6.50.

cool,i`ll be getting some  8)

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2012, 12:17:06 PM »
Very, very nice work on the collected Dark Judges. :)
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/

Offline DFlynSqrl

• Mastermind
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2012, 12:22:05 PM »
Excellent job on this project.  The minis really look great.

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2012, 04:40:22 AM »
I love your Judge Dredd project. Very nice.

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
Re: Cheetor Judge Dredd Stuff: UPDATE 21/9/11 Judges and Jimp
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2012, 12:19:23 PM »

Thanks for the compliments guys.

...it was one of the better early dredd stories.

The original Minty strip is a six or seven page classic.  It was formative reading for me as a kid.

Next up for this project is likely to be a pair of Lawmasters and a pair of Cadet Judges.

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
Re: Cheetor Judge Dredd Stuff: UPDATE 21/9/11 Judges and Jimp
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2012, 09:54:57 AM »
Hotdog run in the Cursed Earth?

I would love to do that someday. I played a quick game of JDMG using some of my post apocalyptic terrain a while back and I would love to do the whole Hotdog run thing eventually.  The problem as I see it is that I dont see myself getting around to buying and painting up enough Lawmaster mounted Cadets.

I hope to get around to painting a handful of Lawmasters.  Depending on how Mongoose design the new Lawmaster miniatures it might be possible to have interchangeable riders.  That would make multiple Lawmaster Cadets a possibility.  It would be an evocative and fun scenario thats for sure.

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2012, 04:58:26 AM »
Lawmasters - great! Looking forward to those. Are they Mongoose ones, and if so, when are they coming out? I picked up the Justice Department box and I'm looking forward to painting the judges. I'll be following your recipes for the green, yellow, and blue, or as close as I can get in any case.
Sono Pazzi Questi Romani

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2012, 02:16:45 PM »
Lawmasters - great! Looking forward to those. Are they Mongoose ones, and if so, when are they coming out?

The two Lawmasters that I currently have are Mongoose, but they are the OOP Gangs of Mega City 1 Lawmasters.  I managed to pick up a few from a fellow LAFer before Xmas,which I was very happy about.  They are slightly dodgy miniatures to be honest, but they will look fine with a bit of paint I suspect.

Mongoose have nw Lawmaster miniatures in the pipeline but no news on when they are due out yet as far as I know.  Apparently they rejected the first versions of them that they got at some stage last year, which is at least in part why such an iconic Dredd item is still unavailable.  Apparently the new versions will have alternate riders (Teks, SJS, Med etc).

I imagine that Mongoose will pump some extra resources into the Dredd stuff as the year progresses, with the new Karl Urban Dredd movie coming out in late September.  I am hoping to pick up a Manta at Salute.

I picked up the Justice Department box and I'm looking forward to painting the judges. I'll be following your recipes for the green, yellow, and blue, or as close as I can get in any case.

Make sure to post pictures up when you get going on them.  I would love to see them.

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2012, 03:20:49 PM »
Good point about the movie - it should, as you say, push Mongoose to amp up their Dredd releases a bit. And the plans for the Lawmasters sound great - Lawmasters with alternate riders (particularly if it means they can be swapped around) would be fantastic!

At the moment, I'm working on some of the old Citadel Judge Dredd minis - a sky-surfer, some muties, and an ape. The plan was for them to be my submission for the first round of the LPL, but since for different reasons it doesn't look like I'll be able to take part, I'll probably start a thread for my Dredd stuff, as long as I can figure out the photo thing. I've read a few of the threads here on the LAF about taking photos of minis, but I haven't managed to take any that were satisfactory - I'll renew my efforts, because I'd love to contribute something to the LAF, even though my painting is still hit and miss at times.

Oh, I read your most recent Judge Dredd Skirmish Game battle report on your blog - great stuff! Standard Falls is looking fantastic! And you're right about the Mongoose rules - they look like they probably work nice and smoothly.

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
Re: Cheetors Judge Dredd Stuff: Emerald Isle Judge 16/03/14
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2014, 07:32:53 PM »
So, its been two years since I painted any Dredd stuff.  I havent been idle and many of the projects that I worked on have direct uses in Dredd game, but still, it hasnt been Dredd stuff.

So with tomorrow being St Patricks Day I figured that I would start on some more Dredd figures with this national theme park law enforcer, Judge MacO'Conihoonihan.

I finished the figure last night, but only spotted that I had missed some of the highlighting on the boots after I had put up the blog post on the figure.  Ill get back to it.

Next up is the Mongoose/Warlord version of the Dark Judges, complete with spirit forms and man-traps.  Hopefully I should have them done over the next few weeks.  Hopefully... I have some other things to finish first.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2014, 09:21:41 PM »
Ace painting!

I've had a couple of judges primed for a very long time, and I'm still contemplating whether to go four-colour blue on the suit, or paint it as black leather (like the movie)  lol
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline warburton

• Mastermind
    • Classic40K painting blog
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2014, 02:45:41 AM »
Very nice!

Offline H.M.Stanley

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2014, 08:40:49 AM »
Very very nice ...
"Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison! How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"