Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:05:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Warhammer Historical: Gladiator  (Read 9020 times)

Offline Mosstrooper

• Scientist
  • old enough to know better !
Re: Warhammer Historical: Gladiator
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 03:08:48 PM »
Got my copy of Gladiator rules today , very attractive book as you would expect - hardbacked. The rules are based on LOTR and their 'Legends of ..' series , individual man to man combat is simple but can be used in a campaign system to track your gladiator or Lanista . Covers animals , chariot racing / combat and even ship to ship . I would say worth it and it has got me dusting off my old Foundry gladiator figures .

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 03:33:36 PM »
I wasn't aware it had been released already, sounds interesting.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Cultist #3

• Scientist
  • Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 10:35:22 PM »
Has anyone else had trouble ordering from their web site? it keeps refusing my information and of course they don't take paypal...
Zombies you can outrun - the mistakes of your fellow Heroes you cannot.

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2011, 07:08:50 AM »
My order went through fine, maybe try giving them a phone call if your still getting problems.

Only took a couple of days to arrive. The book is very attractive, I've as yet only had a chance to glance over the rules, but from what I have read so far it does look promising.

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2011, 08:00:56 AM »
I've just bought Blue Sky Red Sand from Two Hour Wargames after hearing good things about it (along with their chariot game) so it looks like Gladiators are on the agenda. I'd like to get this just for the pictures.

Offline Cultist #3

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2011, 06:41:02 PM »
My order went through fine, maybe try giving them a phone call if your still getting problems.

Only took a couple of days to arrive. The book is very attractive, I've as yet only had a chance to glance over the rules, but from what I have read so far it does look promising.

I'm working on this, the 8 hour time difference is a pain in the @$$  >:(

Offline Cultist #3

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2011, 06:47:01 PM »
I've just bought Blue Sky Red Sand from Two Hour Wargames after hearing good things about it (along with their chariot game) so it looks like Gladiators are on the agenda. I'd like to get this just for the pictures.

I have the first edition of Red Sand, Blue Sky, I have been looking at the new edition as well as the chariot racing, I,m curious how the new rules are changed?

Offline Nighthawk

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 09:59:52 PM »
I wasn't even aware that they were working on any new rules. Now it appears that they have released 2 new sets. Hopefully I will be able to get them from my local store as my credit card companies really don't like me any more.  :o
I enjoy the Warhammer Historical rules. Even if they aren't historical accurate. It makes for a fun game. After all isn't having fun the reason why we do play.

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2011, 05:50:18 PM »
The final page in the Gladiators book, mentions that there are many other Warhammer Historical books and supplements avaliable, beneath this text the front covers of five such books/supplements are shown, one of which, is the cover for the 'Great War' supplement 'Over the Top' which is yet to be released.
The fact that an image of the cover for this supplement is shown, suggests to me that it is next in line to be released, and its release should be very soon now! I hope I'm right, I'm sure I'm not the only person who has been waiting for what feels like a lifetime for it!

Offline Cultist #3

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2011, 12:41:16 AM »
Well, despite the forces of chaos and GW's blundering...I managed to procure a copy of this fine tome! :D

I must say, it is an impressive book and a good read so far.

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2011, 12:50:02 AM »
Mine arrived Monday. It's a beautiful book.
Lots of nice pictures interspaced with some rules I don't intend to use and some very useful historical background.
Well worth the money.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2011, 01:46:34 AM »
Noooo!

I haven't even gotten the new RSBS yet! All things gladiatorial are blooming around the house, and my Spartacus: Gods of the Arena is pre-ordered! :D

Well, my birthday IS coming up...

Offline Mosstrooper

• Scientist
  • old enough to know better !
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2011, 04:34:38 PM »
Busy reading the rules - seem ok , but got out off storage a Playmobil Roman Arena I got at a car boot sale a few years ago - VERY impressive - its the first time I've had it fully assembled - the answer to a gladiators prayers !!!
 http://thesteadfasttinsldier.blogspot.com/ for photos . Its about 70cm or 2'4" across ! :o

Offline Cultist #3

• Scientist
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2011, 10:09:54 PM »
Busy reading the rules - seem ok , but got out off storage a Playmobil Roman Arena I got at a car boot sale a few years ago - VERY impressive - its the first time I've had it fully assembled - the answer to a gladiators prayers !!!
 http://thesteadfasttinsldier.blogspot.com/ for photos . Its about 70cm or 2'4" across ! :o

I like it!  :o

Offline Colonel Tubby

• Mastermind
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2011, 01:27:11 PM »

One currently up for sale on e-bay uk!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLAYMOBIL-HUGE-ROMAN-COLISEUM-ARENA-4270-VGC-EXTRA-/200637832057?pt=UK_Toys_Creative_Educational_RL&hash=item2