Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:54:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690820
  • Total Topics: 118353
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Legends of the high seas - Any news?  (Read 9698 times)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Legends of the high seas - Any news?
« on: November 06, 2007, 08:19:22 AM »
Any news on when this will be published, Iknow it was put back from its original october dates. Will it be here in time for Christmas?
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: Legends of the high seas - Any news?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 08:40:55 AM »
Quote from: "Malamute"
Any news on when this will be published, Iknow it was put back from its original october dates. Will it be here in time for Christmas?

it is said they will be here around Xmas, not sure but tit think they are finishing the printing/type setting etc

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 08:52:38 AM »
[quote="Lowtardog it is said they will be here around Xmas, not sure but tit think they are finishing the printing/type setting etc[/quote]

Whats "tit think"? - did you have something else on your mind when you typed this :o  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 08:56:35 AM »
[quote="Lowtardog it is said they will be here around Xmas, not sure but tit think they are finishing the printing/type setting etc

Whats "tit think"? - did you have something else on your mind when you typed this :o  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:[/quote]

Oops I may a boob :oops:  yep always on my mind unfortunatley a tit in the hand is worth two in the mind :D

Offline Overlord

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Top Geezer
    • The Sweeney
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 03:02:44 PM »
I was at the LotoW weekend at GWHQ recently and had a chat with Rob Broom, Cap'n of Warhammer Historical.  He said that he hoped to get LotHS out by the end of the year.  His current priority however, is to publish the first WW1 rulebook in April, which might lead to a delay for LotHS.  

I was fortunate to be able to briefly look through a pre-production draft copy of the rules.  They look very good, (unsurprisingly) very similar in content and layout to the LotoW rules.  Lots of very nice pictures many featuring miniatures from the esteemed painters of the forum.

They are definately on my shopping list.  :mrgreen:
2024 Lead Tally: Acq: 013 Ptd: 055  Total: +042
2023 Lead Tally: Acq: 560 Ptd: 056  Total: -504
2009-22 Tally:  Acq: 3293 Ptd: 905  Total: -2388

Offline TJSKI

• Librarian
    • http://cursedtreasures.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 04:55:06 PM »

Well as a few folks have stated already, we are looking at a possible release now of sometime before Christmas. I have been in e-mail contact with Rob Broom and the last thing he needed for the book was a list of counters & templates (which I sent him but he lost). So most everything was done, but I suspect since Warhammer Historicals has to fit in there production runs in between GW runs it might have been bumped due to the Ork Codex or something else for on of the main lines.

Also I know that he wants to get the WW1 out before April due to the 90th anniversary of the war ending or something.

But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Rob gets this out before Christmas.

I have seen the rough drafts of the book, and like I have said before, this forum is well represented in those pages.

Tim Kulinski
"Leutant Kulinski, a rather inept commander"

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 05:20:13 PM »
Quote from: "Overlord"
I was at the LotoW weekend at GWHQ recently and had a chat with Rob Broom, Cap'n of Warhammer Historical.  He said that he hoped to get LotHS out by the end of the year.  His current priority however, is to publish the first WW1 rulebook in April, which might lead to a delay for LotHS.  

I was fortunate to be able to briefly look through a pre-production draft copy of the rules.  They look very good, (unsurprisingly) very similar in content and layout to the LotoW rules.  Lots of very nice pictures many featuring miniatures from the esteemed painters of the forum.

A WW1 rulebook? Has anyone told Plynkes?

Are these going to be based on LotOW Alamo, or some other system? Presumably they will be for small-scale stuff like trench-raids etc, or will Warhammer Historical finally be releasing a true "large-scale" combat system?

I'm intrigued!

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 05:24:31 PM »
Poly will probably use the Warhammer WWI to convert Sickly over to historical gaming once and for all. "It says Warhammer right there! You like Warhammer, don't you?" I'll bet at this time, 2008, Sickly will have an account here as well.

I'll give him bonus points if Poly can pull it off, Sith apprentice/master style.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 05:44:54 PM »
Quote from: "PeteMurray"
Poly will probably use the Warhammer WWI to convert Sickly over to historical gaming once and for all. "It says Warhammer right there! You like Warhammer, don't you?" I'll bet at this time, 2008, Sickly will have an account here as well.

I'll give him bonus points if Poly can pull it off, Sith apprentice/master style.

Poly as a Sith Lord? Somehow it fits. Pity poor Sickly  :lol:

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 05:45:28 PM »

I´ll bet, though, that they´ll recommend the Foundry Great War range... so it´ll be a grumbling inferno once you get your hands on it, ol´ Petey. ´Cuz, as we all know...

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 05:49:18 PM »
Quote from: "Gluteus Maximus"

Poly as a Sith Lord? Somehow it fits. Pity poor Sickly  :lol:

Darth Polynikes and Darth Sickly - actually as names they don't sound to bad :lol:

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 05:55:31 PM »

Darth Polynikes and Darth Sickly - actually as names they don't sound to bad :lol:

How did Lucas miss those two  :lol:

Offline TJSKI

• Librarian
    • http://cursedtreasures.blogspot.com/
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 06:10:14 PM »
Quote from: "Gluteus Maximus"
Quote from: "Overlord"

A WW1 rulebook? Has anyone told Plynkes?

Are these going to be based on LotOW Alamo, or some other system? Presumably they will be for small-scale stuff like trench-raids etc, or will Warhammer Historical finally be releasing a true "large-scale" combat system?

I'm intrigued!

The WW1 rules are based on the 40k mechanic almost to a tee. In fact I saw them and unless some major changes are made I would not use them. The problem is that its almost a direct copy of the 40k rule book. In fact if I would just use my 40k rulebook for WW1 instead of buying the rules.

But it has been some time since I last saw them so they could have made some changes. But I would still like to see LotHS out before this, Pirates are much cooler than WW1 Trench fighters, well maybe...

Tim Kulinski

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 06:23:49 PM »
I'm a little disappointed that they're cloning the 40K rules, but the great irony is that 40K has been accused of being WW1 In Space--charge headlong into the other guy's guns for Emperor and Empire. Though I don't think the LotR mechanics would have worked quite right. I'll be curious to see what the rules look like, though I'll be very disappointed if all the wonderful armies and soldier types have been reduced to vanilla infantry, artillery, and cavalry.

Pirates are cooler than trench raiders, but just barely. Trench raiders, do-or-die troops, and Ruga-Ruga average about 2 kiloHoffs* worth of cool.

*: A Hoff is the amount of cool radiated by David Hasselhoff in an episode of "Knight Rider" circa 1983. The ISO keeps a tungsten Hoff in a vault in Geneva, though it's recently been pointed out that the Nostalgia Decay Rate of this Hoff has begun to accelerate. A new Hoff will have to be created around 2043.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 06:31:53 PM »
Too late Pete. The re-Hoffinization process has already begun: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7079458.stm .

For WW1 skirmish I'm going to try Triumph and Tragedy and , for slightly larger actions, Iron Ivan's Price of Glory. I lost interest in the Warhammer angle when I found out they were breaking their offering up over something like 4-6 books.