Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:14:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Legends of the high seas - Any news?  (Read 9678 times)

Offline Overlord

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Top Geezer
    • The Sweeney
Legends of the high seas - Any news?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »
Quote from: "TJSKI"
The WW1 rules are based on the 40k mechanic almost to a tee. In fact I saw them and unless some major changes are made I would not use them. The problem is that its almost a direct copy of the 40k rule book. In fact if I would just use my 40k rulebook for WW1 instead of buying the rules.

But it has been some time since I last saw them so they could have made some changes. But I would still like to see LotHS out before this, Pirates are much cooler than WW1 Trench fighters, well maybe...

Tim Kulinski

Rob did say that they were 40K based, with several small (platoon?) units and supports, rather than a skirmish level game such as LotoW/LotHS.  This would certainly make them less of a prospect for purchase for me personally.

However, Rob also said that there will be 5 books covering the Great War: Western front, (presumably) Eastern front, Gallipoli/Mesopotamia/Arab Revolt which I guess are using the same core rules.  Also an aerial combat set and a naval combat set of rules.

He did say there were commercial pressure regarding the WW1 books, but based on general current opinion I would have thought that the LotHS rules are likely to be better for GW's turnover in the short term.

I hope LotHS is out out before the end of the year, what am I going to do with the boats in the meantime!?  :?
2024 Lead Tally: Acq: 013 Ptd: 055  Total: +042
2023 Lead Tally: Acq: 560 Ptd: 056  Total: -504
2009-22 Tally:  Acq: 3293 Ptd: 905  Total: -2388

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 06:42:44 PM »
Quote from: "Overlord"
I hope LotHS is out out before the end of the year, what am I going to do with the boats in the meantime!?  :?

I have a suggestion...  :roll:  :D

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 06:44:42 PM »
It's too late. He has already turned to the Dark Side.

He was once a young and keen Jedi. His first ever experience of wargaming was I think Warhammer Ancients, but then he took the quick and easy path of Space Marines and Chaos Goblins.

As he grows more powerful my ability to make him play historicals is fading. One day I must face him...

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 06:46:13 PM »

The WW1 rules are based on the 40k mechanic almost to a tee. In fact I saw them and unless some major changes are made I would not use them. The problem is that its almost a direct copy of the 40k rule book. In fact if I would just use my 40k rulebook for WW1 instead of buying the rules.

But it has been some time since I last saw them so they could have made some changes. But I would still like to see LotHS out before this, Pirates are much cooler than WW1 Trench fighters, well maybe...

Tim Kulinski

Hi Tim,

I was hoping to have seen LotHS released for the October date you originally wanted. It seems odd that they've put it behind the WW1 project, which to me at least, is something I'd never heard of before. Pirates are, have always been [well since they stopped pirating] & always will be cool!

At least with Pirates you can speak in funny accents & make dreadful puns with hardly any adverse comments.

I'm not a fan of 40K [though I'm constantly having to buy 40K stuff for my son  :( ], so that's another bit of disappointing news on top of the LotHS delay.

Oh well, chin up! When it does finally get released I'm sure it will sell well.

Offline TJSKI

• Librarian
    • http://cursedtreasures.blogspot.com/
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 07:58:17 PM »
Quote from: "Gluteus Maximus"

Hi Tim,

I was hoping to have seen LotHS released for the October date you originally wanted. It seems odd that they've put it behind the WW1 project, which to me at least, is something I'd never heard of before. Pirates are, have always been [well since they stopped pirating] & always will be cool!

At least with Pirates you can speak in funny accents & make dreadful puns with hardly any adverse comments.

I'm not a fan of 40K [though I'm constantly having to buy 40K stuff for my son  :( ], so that's another bit of disappointing news on top of the LotHS delay.

Well all I know is that I have to wait just a bit more & if anybody is waiting more for the book to come out it's me! It has been a long ride to get to this point with the book. I know Rob at WHH wanted to captiliaze on the Pirate fever with PotC I II & III, so hopefully we get it for Christmas to go along with the release of the PotC movies on DVD.

So until then I will keep my eye on the horizon and wait...

Tim Kulinski
"Leutant Kulinski, a rather inept commander"

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2007, 09:51:09 PM »

Hi Tim,

Well all I know is that I have to wait just a bit more & if anybody is waiting more for the book to come out it's me! It has been a long ride to get to this point with the book. I know Rob at WHH wanted to captiliaze on the Pirate fever with PotC I II & III, so hopefully we get it for Christmas to go along with the release of the PotC movies on DVD.

Tim Kulinski

Tim I am looking forward to getting a copy I really enjoyed the opportunutiy to give the Playtest version a go and thoroughly recommend it, it is packed chock full of ideas and...well things can`t say any more  :mrgreen:

Offline TJSKI

• Librarian
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 10:17:21 PM »
Quote from: "Lowtardog"

Hi Tim,

Tim Kulinski

Tim I am looking forward to getting a copy I really enjoyed the opportunutiy to give the Playtest version a go and thoroughly recommend it, it is packed chock full of ideas and...well things can`t say any more  :mrgreen:

Thanks Karl, good thing your not talking, or Dead men would tell tales....

Tim Kulinski

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2007, 10:20:18 PM »
Tim I am looking forward to getting a copy I really enjoyed the opportunutiy to give the Playtest version a go and thoroughly recommend it, it is packed chock full of ideas and...well things can`t say any more  :mrgreen:[/quote]

Thanks Karl, go thing your not talking, or Dead men would tell tales....

Tim Kulinski[/quote]

Me me I have heard what you can do with a black spot :wink:

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2007, 08:28:52 AM »
Quote from: "Plynkes"

He was once a young and keen Jedi. His first ever experience of wargaming was I think Warhammer Ancients, but then he took the quick and easy path of Space Marines and Chaos Goblins.

As he grows more powerful my ability to make him play historicals is fading. One day I must face him...

"Together you can rule the galaxy as uncle and nephew" :lol:
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2007, 10:17:05 AM »
Quote from: "Plynkes"

Unhappy  I am that someone challenge the darkside

Offline TJSKI

• Librarian
Saw the Final Copy...
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2007, 06:30:43 PM »
Well,

I got my final copy of LotHS last night hand carried over by Pete Borlace last night to my home. (Pete is stateside for awhile). Have to say the book looks awsome! :o  :o  :o

And as I reported before, LAF members are featured thru out the book. In fact Along with my converted GW militia figures, Alex & Tom Weiss have there crews featured in the Hobby Section.

And with talking with Pete, he thinks this book will out sell the LotOW series of books!

I also got some inside scope on furter Legends books that will be coming out later. Of course I can't say, what they are, but a lot people will be very happy.

Tim Kulinski

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2007, 08:14:18 PM »
great news, thanks Tim :-) can't wait to see the book!

Offline Florin

• Bookworm
    • A Song of Lead and Plastic
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2007, 05:18:12 PM »

I know Rob at WHH wanted to captiliaze on the Pirate fever with PotC I II & III, so hopefully we get it for Christmas to go along with the release of the PotC movies on DVD.

Tim Kulinski

so at least something good will come from the awfull third part of PotC...
where there`s blood there`s death not glory

Offline TJSKI

• Librarian
LotHS mentioned in WD
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 04:33:18 PM »
Well,

It looks like we move another step closer to having the book released, it looks like in White Dwarf 335 (here in the states) LotHS got a mention in the News section.

So it looks like we are getting there, just slowly though.

TJSKI

Offline Colonel Tubby

• Mastermind
Re: LotHS mentioned in WD
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 07:20:37 PM »
Well,

It looks like we move another step closer to having the book released, it looks like in White Dwarf 335 (here in the states) LotHS got a mention in the News section.

So it looks like we are getting there, just slowly though.

TJSKI

Also, just noticed that LotHS now has a mention in the news section on Warhammer Historical site!