Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:07:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686579
  • Total Topics: 118108
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Bandidos Battle Report: Bank Robbery in LotOW & 2nd Report up too  (Read 5016 times)

Offline Laughing Ferret

• Scientist
    • Laughing Ferret Lab Hobby Blog
I had my third game session with my Bandidos, and this time, I remembered to bring my camera.
Still getting used to the rules, but enjoying them and finding them very characterful.  

I played two games that night, though I've only put up the battle report for the first game so far, I'll be putting up the other soon though.

Full Battle Report is here:  http://laughingferret.blogspot.com/2011/08/old-west-all-in-days-work-for-bandidos.html

and a less lengthy/picture intensive version follows now:

The Bandidos had just robbed the bank, but the concerned citizens, who were milling about trying to see what was happening, had alerted the lawmen, who had both ways out of town blocked off.

Better to head into the guns than peacefully to the hangman's noose...the Bandidos made their way toward the sheriff, guns a'blazin.

With only a shotgun and pistols behind them, the Bandidos focused their attention on the men in front: a Vaquero (yes, despite his appearance as a Quar -I've yet to do my vaquero conversions) lasso'd the sheriff and he was surrounded. The sheriff was a tough son, needing a 6 to wound him, even surrounded this way it took me 2 turns to bring him down.

The Bandidos got some good shots in, and with only losing a mess of peons and Rosarita, an important riflewoman, the Bandidos made a clean getaway with the gold.  Rosarita would be missing the next job, but she'll be staring down the barrel of her rifle in no time.

The next game I'll be putting a report for soon.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 08:54:53 PM by Laughing Ferret »
"If History teaches us anything, it is that people don't really learn from history."

Hobby Pledge 2014: Bought: .  Painted: . (Pure hobby: no commissions included)
Hobby Blog is here: http://laughingferret.blogspot.com/
Commission Studio is here: http://www.laughingferretstudio

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Bandidos Battle Report: Bank Robbery in LotOW
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 11:49:36 AM »
Is that a remake of Cowboys & Aliens already? ;)

Nice report, look like it was a fun game 8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline A_Train

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 11:56:59 AM »
Cool report, and nice pictures.  Thanks for posting.

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 01:19:31 PM »
Cool picutres, but I can't help feelingthat it would have benifited if more Quar were included!  lol
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 06:30:12 PM »
Thoroughly enjoyable (both versions). Go Bandidos!  ;)
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 01:55:44 AM »
You can't beat an old west game for some fun. Did you make the buildings?  Like them alot.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Laughing Ferret

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »
Thanks for the feedback everyone!  :D

Quar: If it hadn't been for the fun Reaper mini of the bandit with the iguana on his soldier (which I had always wanted an excuse to pick up and paint) I might have run my quar royalists as US Infantrymen ;)

Buildings: The handmade ones were made by one of the guys in the league: some really amazing buildings. He's got a ton more that weren't being used too.  Love the terrain: really sets the mood and makes it very enjoyable to play.   The buildings in the 2nd battle (which I'm about to link to in the next post, are from Crescent Root Studios: also great terrain.

Offline Laughing Ferret

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 08:54:20 PM »
Second Night's battle:

As the Bandidos made their way back to their camp, they were ambushed by Cowboys, greedy for our well-earned loot.  As I pointed out, the only difference between a cowboy and a bandit is the bandits are honest enough to admit they're bandits!  ;)

The Bandidos move into positions as best they can, but the Cowpokes had better positions to be sure.

Trying to even that up a bit, the vaqueros ride around the edge of town to rope a couple out of their cover, which they do:

The bandidos begin to get the upper hand in the gunfight.

By the time the Rancher is taken out, the town is secure. Old Pappy heads back to his camp alone, to get someone to negotiate the release of the cowboys.

Longer version of the Battle Report with more pictures is here:
   http://laughingferret.blogspot.com/2011/08/old-west-all-in-days-work-for-bandidos_21.html