Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:46:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686552
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Great Britain Vs Prussia circa 1875?  (Read 9095 times)

Offline xeoran

• Scientist
Great Britain Vs Prussia circa 1875?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 09:46:51 PM »
As its VSF why not have a fiendish German invasion/raid via Zeppelin (perhaps to capture Queen Vic)?
"'Reality,' sa molesworth 2, 'is so unspeakably sordid it make me shudder.'"- Nigel Molesworth

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 08:41:31 AM »
Thanks alot guys, some superb suggestions there. :)
 You have galvanised my ideas and nows its off to finish painting the steam tanks and plough on through with the Prussian forces. I already have enough Brits and anyway you only need a few to form a thin red line :lol:
Bullshot - for your reference I am using Foundry Prussians. But you could look at Parroom Station, they have Prussians in both normal uniforms and suitable VSF ones. There is always Eureka Minaitures. I think they have some as well. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 09:00:59 AM »
Bullshot - for your reference I am using Foundry Prussians. But you could look at Parroom Station, they have Prussians in both normal uniforms and suitable VSF ones. There is always Eureka Minaitures.

Eureka do some nice ones with rocket packs and clockwork helicopter packs - I have the helicopters and will replace clockwork mechanisms with steam generators..

Other manufacturersworth looking out for are:

Baker Company (1866 Prussians) - these work out at 1 GBP each

Warrior Miniatures (Over the Wire Games/England Invaded VSF Germans) - these include good prussian types in armoured face masks. Not shown on the website are the new cavalry figures (German Lancers with torpedo lances, face masks and horses wearing gasmasks)
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 02:13:25 PM »
I thought it all started when one S. Holmes failed to stop the plans for the Bruce Partington submarine from being smuggled out of old Blighty. Or was it when he again fumbled and allowed the details of the naval treaty to slip out?

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 03:07:06 PM »
I get a kick out of these Eureka Bavarian Wind-up Merchants

Offline TadPortly

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.oxfordhousehold.co.uk/
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 03:14:53 PM »
The Congress of Vienna in 1815 created an defined Belgian state.  In 1839 the Treaty of London further guaranteed Belgian independance. British foreign policy assumed that Belgium must remain independant as a bulwark against the invasion of England.  Even up until 1914 the independance of Belgium was key foreign policy.

If Prussia threatened to annexe those areas of Belgium that were German speaking, Britain would intervene.  Therefore, a pre-emptive strike by Prussia might be considered as a fictional campaign.  Another possibility would be Prussian support in Ireland for insurrection keeping the British eye off the ball in Europe and events in Belgium.  I.E. we stop supplying support to Fenian nationalists in Ireland if you allow our intervention in Belgium.
They were all drawn to the Keep; the soldiers who brought death; the father and daughter fighting for life; the people who have always feared it; and the one man who knows its secret....

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 06:51:06 PM »
Quote from: "Bullshott"
Warrior Miniatures (Over the Wire Games/England Invaded VSF Germans) - these include good prussian types in armoured face masks. Not shown on the website are the new cavalry figures (German Lancers with torpedo lances, face masks and horses wearing gasmasks)

I wish that they had more pictures of this range up. They sound interesting, but I hesitate to buy without seeing more.

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 08:57:45 PM »
I wish that they had more pictures of this range up.

Chairface, I assume you mean the Warrior figures:

http://www.warrioronline.demon.co.uk/OTWGames/miniatures.htm

Most of the figures are compatible with Westwind, Foundry, etc. However, at one stage they changed sculptor and produced some really crap skinny figures.

The newer cavalry (not on the website) are in the same style as the original range. This is the British lancer (German is same but with pickelhaube):

I will be slightly converting the British lancers' tunics for use in my VSF Russian army (Siberian Torpedo Lancer Regiment).

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2007, 01:38:29 AM »
Thank you!