Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:23:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Futuristic City Terrain.  (Read 8522 times)

Offline winterborn

• Bookworm
Re: Futuristic City Terrain.
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 07:57:41 AM »
I think someone on this board has done a pulp city with just the tops of the buildings sticking out of the clouds, (lots of cotton ball type thingys).

I think that would look cool for scifi, with lofted walkways and aircar dock points, etc... Jump troops would be in their element. Secret deployment coming out of the ventilation shafts, etc...
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be the light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winter born

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 08:26:07 AM »
Have a look on Matakishi's Inspirational site at the terrain that someone built for Infinity - very clean & crisp looking.

http://www.matakishi.com/infinitytable1.htm

From time to time have toyed with the idea of a Megacity type game, but have not started one, for reasons of playability, space, time etc (and other projects). 

Walkways would be the way to go IMHO, something that i've utilised in my Shopping Mall project, but on a lesser scale.

Offline flooglestreet

• Scientist
    • Old Spaceways
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 03:20:57 PM »
Go to www.miniaturescenery.com and look at CNC workshop miniature scenery city levels. Also www.hirstarts.com staion builder mold 300. I know hirst was mentioned already but no specifics were given. Then two you can alwaysrely on the odd styrofoam shapes that large electronic items are packed with.

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 03:10:25 AM »
Yeah this is exactly what I was looking for as a starting point http://www.miniaturescenery.com/index.asp

Sweeeet!!!
Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline Greylegion

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 07:15:48 PM »
Ironworker, I know what you mean. I have been trying to gear up for a terrain build for a futuristic town/city of some sort. I have looked at Hirst Arts molds and can see where they would be useful in the details, but nothing really jumps out for the buildings. I did find some art from Jeff Carlisle, Martian Canal City, that caught my eye. I bought the "Star Wars Complete Locations" book for ideas and reference. I can see the cities of Mos Espa or Mos Eisley making cool terrain, if they were clean and sharp and not dirty, dusty and adobe like.