Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:58:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686663
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm Life Guards  (Read 20050 times)

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
28mm Life Guards
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 02:13:37 PM »
I e-mailed HLBS and they were kind enough to send me a nice list of what they have as well as a list indicating which figures to use for each historical unit. I'll be ordering some soon I'm sure.

Offline Trooper

• Mad Scientist
Life Guards
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 12:09:13 AM »
Skrapwelder.

for your info, and for all all of you who are doing Victorian London. I went to the London Toy Soldier show on the 1st Dec and saw these in the flesh. There is a company called "Scarlet and Gold" who produce the Household division in 30 mm, and its compatible with most good 28mm-32mm ranges. They do present day, but also do a Victorian range of Guardsmen in Slade Wallace equipment, Life guards mounted and dismounted in full dress as you wanted, and they are superb and the company is run by two very nice guys.

They also produce Queen Victoria and retinue and some coaches. They sell figures painted but will sell unpainted castings on request. Prices were reasonable.
www.scarletandgold.co.uk and e-mail nlr white@hotmail.co.uk. Enquiries address at R White. Lansdowne, Cavendish Road, Church Crookham, Hampshire, GU52 6PZ,

HOPE THIS IS OF HELP.
They will not force us,
They will stop degrading us,
They will not control us,
We will be victorious!!

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: Life Guards
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 08:37:47 AM »
Quote from: "Trooper"
Skrapwelder.

for your info, and for all all of you who are doing Victorian London. I went to the London Toy Soldier show on the 1st Dec and saw these in the flesh. There is a company called "Scarlet and Gold" who produce the Household division in 30 mm, and its compatible with most good 28mm-32mm ranges. They do present day, but also do a Victorian range of Guardsmen in Slade Wallace equipment, Life guards mounted and dismounted in full dress as you wanted, and they are superb and the company is run by two very nice guys.

They also produce Queen Victoria and retinue and some coaches. They sell figures painted but will sell unpainted castings on request. Prices were reasonable.
www.scarletandgold.co.uk and e-mail nlr white@hotmail.co.uk. Enquiries address at R White. Lansdowne, Cavendish Road, Church Crookham, Hampshire, GU52 6PZ,

HOPE THIS IS OF HELP.

Thanks for the heads up , this is greta news, well worth checking out. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
28mm Life Guards
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 07:50:45 PM »
There is a company called "Scarlet and Gold" who produce the Household division in 30 mm

I particularly like the Royal Horse Artillery figures - these could be very useful, especially if I can get them to supply crew figures only.

Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
28mm Life Guards
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 08:16:00 PM »
I've always liked the thought of a King's Troop battery since the early Military Modelling days - Rose Miniatures always seemed to have one.

Didn't Phoenix Miniatures used to produce some (probably long unobtainable now) figures, including RN types
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Trooper

• Mad Scientist
28mm Life Guards
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 12:16:51 AM »
Yeah m8 you're spot on, Phoenix also did a 30mm Ceremonial range and also sadly no longer available unless you can pick em up second hand. But I remember them from back in about 1980 so doubtful.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
28mm Life Guards
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2007, 09:40:41 AM »
Quote from: "Bullshott"
There is a company called "Scarlet and Gold" who produce the Household division in 30 mm

I particularly like the Royal Horse Artillery figures - these could be very useful, especially if I can get them to supply crew figures only.

Just sell the guns to Plynkes. IIRC, they are WW1 vintage, so should be right up his street  :lol:

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2007, 09:43:31 AM »

HOPE THIS IS OF HELP.

Hmm, I couldn't find any info on the Victorian stuff on their website, just moderns. No doubt I have missed something really obvious........

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2007, 09:55:34 AM »
Quote from: "Gluteus Maximus"

HOPE THIS IS OF HELP.

Hmm, I couldn't find any info on the Victorian stuff on their website, just moderns. No doubt I have missed something really obvious........

Snap, me neither, I am sending them an email post haste and will update with their response :)

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
28mm Life Guards
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2007, 01:52:42 PM »
Oddly enough I sent them an email asking about the Victorian pieces too.

If they get a few emails it might encourage them to expand the range....

Offline Trooper

• Mad Scientist
28mm Life Guards
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2007, 11:57:59 PM »
I think the Victorian stuff is really new and they have not updated the website as yet, but they will respond promptly to e-mails.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
28mm Life Guards
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2007, 08:32:20 AM »
I think the Victorian stuff is really new and they have not updated the website as yet, but they will respond promptly to e-mails.

Hmmm, Never had a response from them to my email :(

Offline seelowe41

• Assistant
    • Wyverns Wargamers
28mm Life Guards
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2008, 08:36:32 AM »
A slight variantion on the original topic but does anyone know if the life guards are available in 15mm?

I am looking for suitable cavalry to support my home service infantry circa 1880?

Cheers

Seelowe
Member of the Wyvern Wargamers.
http://wyvernwargamers.org.uk/

Check out my Blog - http://dusttears.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
28mm Life Guards
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2008, 03:37:51 PM »
Quote from: "Malamute"

To be honest, the sculpted final product looks very poor and toy soldierish, would not be in keeping with the quality of most of our figures I'd say.

So a market opens for one of our favourite indepedents then?

Here's hoping.

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
28mm Life Guards
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2008, 03:54:22 PM »
Quote from: "Commander Vyper"
Quote from: "Malamute"

To be honest, the sculpted final product looks very poor and toy soldierish, would not be in keeping with the quality of most of our figures I'd say.

So a market opens for one of our favourite indepedents then?

Here's hoping.

The Commander

They finally responded to a second email of mine promising to send me a sample.Unfortunately it still hasn't turned up yet :x

I tend to agree with your comments about the toy soldier look. I was hoping some of the personality figures might be ok with a half decent paint job and the Carriages maybe useful too, but I am not going to buy unseen.