Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:07:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689621
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Unit card - special unit and a question  (Read 5219 times)

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Unit card - special unit and a question
« on: November 19, 2007, 04:29:40 PM »
Hi,
I have prepared a unit card using Zafarelli's excellent card-printer site for my first unit-in-progress, the Czech 2nd Rifles. I have one small problem however - the score I ned is '6', but the only options are 1-4; and if I choose 6, I do not get the '6' printed in the top left. Now Ican modify that with good old Photoshop, but was wondering whether I was doing something fundamentally wrong. Help?
Here is the card (with unit score '2' instead of the desired '6') I prepared.

I like the rule flexibility, and as these are snipers I gave them a fictitious hunting rifle with modified weapons table (rifle with site) and added a negative combat modifier due to their size and the clumsy rifle.
Hope I am doing nothing offenzive by using non-historical GW (and, later on,  other) models.
 :?:

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 04:48:15 PM »
That must be a programming error - a Score of 6 corresponds to a Quality Rating/Initiative of 4 (highest, Elites), whereas Veteran Troops have a Score of 7 and a Quality Rating/Initiative of 3.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 04:57:59 PM »
Quote from: "Westfalia Chris"
That must be a programming error - a Score of 6 corresponds to a Quality Rating/Initiative of 4 (highest, Elites), whereas Veteran Troops have a Score of 7 and a Quality Rating/Initiative of 3.

Oops - meant 7, by the way, not 6. The prog gave values of 1-4 instead of 6-8 - I take it there had been a d6 rather than a 2d6 roll originally?

As regards the units - I might change the name (in this case) as Czechoslovakia could still have connections to the present (although Czechoslovakia, as a single nation, does not).

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 05:04:14 PM »
No, I looked it up, itīs indeed a programming glitch - I think you should enter the quality rating (ie, 1-4 for raw-elite, respectively), which should then yield the QUality Rating/INI value in the upper left corner, and the corresponding Score (7 in this case) under "Score".

Zafarelli to the rescue! Hayulp!

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 05:13:40 PM »
Thank you Chris.
As an author, how do you view my use of scifi/fantasy models for the game?

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 05:46:02 PM »
Quote from: "Vanvlak"
Thank you Chris.
As an author, how do you view my use of scifi/fantasy models for the game?

Do what you frickinī want, I say! :lol:

Seriously, just use what you have lying around - the game is key, although, of course, historically-correct miniatures and lavish terrain is a definite pro... ;)

Iīm actually thinking of doing a little SF conversion. Most probably will be a free download on the site, with some weapon lists, and a new, more SFish template sheet.

My only quibble would be stylistic, because those halflings donīt really look like Czechs, but what the hell. We are NOT Games Workshop, so use any figures you want. Will have to czech the final result for a final verdict.

And, finally, I also intend to do some Weird War games using our rules, and Iīll most likely include Zombies and Werewolves, so I wonīt bitch about FANTASY either. :lol:

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 05:49:44 PM »
Thanks Chris.
Re Czechs - that's why I'll be changing the units to some which are completely defunct. Or create my own.
SF downloads and weird war sound good. In my case I'll be using Scifi/fantasy models, but with 'human' stats and no special effects. You'll see what I mean when I put up my Buryat fortune teller, a human sorcerer type, but his only effects will be out of your T&T rules.

LATER - card edited to 1st Markov Battalion