Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:15:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Carnevale, Page 2 pictures of all the initial releases  (Read 15146 times)

Offline elysium64

• Potatoe Cup Holder 2010
  • Mastermind
Carnevale, Page 2 pictures of all the initial releases
« on: October 05, 2011, 11:43:42 PM »
Just seen this on Frothers / Beasts of War a new Spanish company, website currently being built.

This is the year 1795. After a magical cataclysm that has changed Europe and the world as we know it, the city of Venice is under the effects of the Rent in the Sky. For the first time in history, magic is walking freely on its streets, ancient monsters [...]

I really like some of the figures and the idea of building a Venetian game board is rather tempting.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 01:18:38 PM by elysium64 »

Offline Laughing Ferret

• Scientist
    • Laughing Ferret Lab Hobby Blog
Re: Carnevale
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 12:24:09 AM »
looks very fun!
love the look of those deep-ones, and Venetian theme would be fun to paint
"If History teaches us anything, it is that people don't really learn from history."

Hobby Pledge 2014: Bought: .  Painted: . (Pure hobby: no commissions included)
Hobby Blog is here: http://laughingferret.blogspot.com/
Commission Studio is here: http://www.laughingferretstudio

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 01:24:27 AM »
The figures look pretty cool.
Wish the pictures were larger of the minis.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Cory

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 01:37:10 AM »
I can live with small pictures as long as the figs aren't too large.

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
  • Crescat Scientia, Vita Excolatur
    • Società di archeologia e cimeli
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 06:15:09 AM »
I especcially like the left most lady, won`t be playing the game but I guess (correction, am pretty sure) I`ll be buying one or two of them just for painting up

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 01:24:54 PM »
I shall bring this to the attention of CoC folks. I know there's been talk of deep ones, and I think I see some new possibilities.

Doug

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 02:27:14 PM »
I could use those straightjacketed chaps.

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
  • Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 03:01:22 PM »
Sold and SOLD!  :o
I love the look so far!
"What exactly is a 'Headpiece to the Staff of Ra'?"

RicharDISNEY

Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
  • Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 03:05:01 PM »
From their site...
This is the year 1795. After a magical cataclysm that has changed Europe and the world as we know it, the city of Venice is under the effects of the Rent in the Sky. For the first time in history, magic is walking freely on its streets, ancient monsters have awakened from their submarine slumber and found their way towards the canals of this city, a decadent nobility has discovered new ways of depravity in senseless violence, and the citizens of Venice do the best they can to survive under the protection of the Guild of thieves.

This thrilling scenario lays in front of you, and you will be able to explore it thanks to Carnevale, The Miniature Game. With a simple and dynamic but profound game system, you will be able to create your own squad of fighters, make it evolve through game campaigns and enjoy your collection of spectacular miniatures. In this book you will find all the rules and all the information needed to play Carnevale, its characters, heroes, villains and monsters.

What are you waiting for?
———-
Fantastic! Blends The Shadow Over Innsmouth, Les Miserables, and The Invisibles with cinematic and dynamic miniatures combat. I can’t wait to see more of this game!
Keith Baker – Writer and two times Origins award winning games designer.
———-
Spooky! But in a very good way. Carnevale truly captures the atmosphere of the mist-shrouded nights of Venice and its incredibly sinister masks.
Alessio Cavatore – Origins award winning games designer.

Offline Skratch

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 03:43:37 PM »
Some of the models do indeed look great. Maybe I'll get some. Then again, my lead mountain is big enough as it is.

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 04:01:07 PM »
The minis look handy. I'll probably grab some. I might even consider the game, assuming it does not:

1) Try to include pirates, ninjas, gunslingers, demons, undead, steampunk, mechanical spiders and the kitchen sink. Seriously, these "original" pseudo-modern supernatural skirmish games are starting to lose their originality and character. What's the difference between high fantasy, VSF and post-apocalyptic if they all eventually include everything from cutlasses to hellspawn and anime robots?

2) Fill the table to the brim with cards, counters and tokens. It's ugly when your tiny skirmish table is covered by so much meta clutter that you no longer can see the miniatures.

I'm not a fan of named heroes with a million special rules either, but I guess that's unavoidable if you want a sustainable business model.

As you can see, I'm a bit jaded about this kind of games. However, how many times should we pay the 10e "gameplay tax" for each character model (that is, every model) only to see the company crash in a few short years? Confrontation, Hell Dorado and Alkemy are practically down. Malifaux and Eden are still trying. Smart Max has some weirdo game too, although I don't know how you're supposed to play it. Warmachine is doing fairly well, but it's gone far beyond basic skirmish already.

I can barely keep track of all these flavours of mechanical spiders, demons and killer clowns. They certainly come and go faster than I can paint a warband or find another player.

Proper translation and proofreading (starting from your game title in the promo pictures) would be a nice bonus too...

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 04:47:31 PM »
I think the miniatures (if they are 28mm) could be used for a lot of games. The froglike minis in the back are solid "Deep ones" imo, and you can never have too many straightjacket nutters  :D

Offline infelix

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 05:21:49 PM »
I could definitively use some of those miniatures, specially the guys in straight-jackets and the ones with masks.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 05:45:09 PM »
... Malifaux and Eden are still trying. ... Warmachine is doing fairly well, but it's gone far beyond basic skirmish already.

I'd have to move Malifaux to the Warmachine column on this side of the pond, but otherwise, totally with you. Only rejoice in possible figs you can shoehorn into something else.

Doug

Offline Donpimpom

• Mad Scientist
    • Tabletop Fantasy
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 06:34:15 PM »
it's only me the one having a certain sense of "deja vu" while looking some of these minis?
I found one shockingly similar at the new Rasputina version from malifaux