Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:52:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Yet another fantasy project, yet more goblins...  (Read 12372 times)

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
Re: Yet another fantasy project, yet more goblins...
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2012, 01:22:30 PM »
I think all your minis and the building are stunning it is always great to see goblins especially ones different from the norm and I too tend to try and give fantasy figures a 'realistic' feel. One sees far too many garish and overly cartoonish goblins. The hovel must have been time consuming and this may make creating a greater number of said structures difficult. I was interested to see that your support beams are made as actual support beams as opposed to adding thin strips of wood on the outside of the walls which no doubt creates a more realistic structure but again must be time consuming. Overall very inspirational I really need to complete my goblin army. I have also been planning on putting some sort of goblin village together and would like to see more of your goblin abodes which look suitably rustic. There is always a market for buildings it would really come down to cost and how many you can produce. The feeling you’re getting of something being amiss, is positive I think, as it is always good to be critical of one’s own work and doing so only improves the final product. So long as one does not become so overly critical that you put off painting etc. in the vain hope that when you do finally get around to it the results will be better - which is something I certainly suffered from and consequently lost out on years of precious painting time. I also like your foliage flowers. 

Offline Zaheer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2012, 04:46:47 PM »
Well, the wheel of enthusiasm has turned once again! Work has been slightly manic over the last two weeks and I've only just stopped dreaming of skeletons (not a cry for help). I've taken a new batch of photographs with my new board, and few of them came out as I'd have expected them to, but here's a small update based on those that did...

My new board, stolen wholesale from http://finiatures.blogspot.de/2011/09/making-terrain-mat.html

One of the few shots that came out any good at all, some new terrain which just about completes the 'Charcoal burners' setting, perhaps I'll make a hopper-style wagon for carting away the produce.

The first stirrings of Chaos, a converted mutant ready for paint.

Two more mutants, believe it or not, this is the best shot!

The daemonic 'hordes'

Thanks for your kind words Golgotha, I'm sorry I didn't reply to them before, they were encouraging. As to goblin abodes, I wasn't really planning on making any but I think that I may now. I think they'll be living off the land like Ray Mears, raiding when they think they can get away with it. They're not an army but just another group using the forest. There's always room for a disgusting totem or other ritual site though.

Offline Zaheer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2012, 02:22:13 PM »
Some more, not very keen on the thatch of this new cottage, which is my version of the new Perry plastic one. That can always be replaced at a later date.

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2012, 03:00:10 PM »
Very nice terrain. I love your minis as well.  :-*

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2012, 08:27:09 PM »
Great stuff! Lovely terrain there.