Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:15:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: John Woo style shoot outs ...  (Read 4781 times)

Offline YIU

• Mad Scientist
Re: John Woo style shoot outs ...
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 11:19:50 AM »
Tobias, let us know how it was.
I wish I were an octopus to paint more miniatures...Cthulhu must be a great painter

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 11:24:11 AM »
Sure :)

Offline YIU

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 04:33:21 PM »
The game how it should look :

I am looking forward to playing my first game.

SUBTITLES FOR ENGLISH VIEWERS:Bang! Bang! Bang!Tgggggggggg!Pkow!Chk ChkBang!Bang!Blammo!Bang!Bang!­Bang!Bang!.

Offline Rich J

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2011, 10:13:58 PM »
That's exactly it :)
All the way I was thinking, stunt, stunt oops mishap, stunt ...

That's how the destroying terrain stunt should look :)
Rich J

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 09:04:44 AM »
Now, to come up with stats for Dirty Harry, police shootists, and other Clint Eastwood Western characters and opponents, like Angel Eyes, and Tuco.

Of course, his .44 Magnum, "...which will blow someone's head clean off..." will negate a lot of cover, save for engine blocks (but will penetrate them to cause the vehicle to stall), thick stone walls, heavy bank safes, etc.  Trying to hide under/behind a wooden desk, table, or interior wall of a building is just a waste of effort.

For Clint shooting at people, I'm thinking:

Option 1 - use 4D6 per the standard rules (give him 5 wounds though)
--------
1st Hit - weapon shot out of opponent's hand, or hat off head (Clint's choice)
2nd Hit - 3 wounds to opponent (option - 2 wounds) (swap for 1st Hit, if desired)
3rd Hit - 2 wounds to opponent
4th Hit - opponent's lucky day, he just has to dive for cover
5th Hit - 1 wound to opponent (option - 2 wounds)

Option 2 - use 5D6 for shooting (4D6 for melees of many characters?  5D6 for the "Preacher" character, who's very good with his hands and improvised weapons, e.g. 2 x 4's, etc.  He gets 5 wounds)
--------
1st Hit - 1 wound to opponent (can swap with 2nd Hit below, if desired)
2nd Hit - weapon shot out of opponent's hand, or hat shot off head (Clint's choice)
3rd Hit - 2 wounds to opponent
4th Hit - opponent(s) dive for cover
5th Hit - 2 wounds to opponent

When he fires, he can also allocate hits to characters he is up against, as desired, e.g. all vs. one, any number of wounds vs. several opponents, etc.  Also, for Option 1, he has the choice of transposing Hits 1 and 2, so can either be a show off, or can cause 3 wounds to his first opponent with the first hit, if desired, since he is such a great shot (he can nick someone's ear too, if desired - all of these fancy shots cause his opponent(s) to lose 1 die during the next round of opposed combat, or when they attempt to fire at him later). 

Opponents going up against him have to state what their "Actor Ratings" are, when requested, and before the shooting starts, since he always seemed to size up and shoot the more deadly opponents first.

Clint needs to declare an intent to scare his opponents with his first shot, or to wound them, before rolling the dice.

Obviously, when going up against Clint, you'll be needing a whole posse of mean hombres.

When being fired at by his opponents, use the following chart:

1st Hit - ignore this, since Clint doesn't flinch
2nd Hit - Reroll a D6: causes him to dive for cover on 1 - 4; drops weapon on 5 or 6
3rd Hit - causes one wound
4th Hit - causes one wound

Suggestions for Angel Eyes, and Police Shootists (pistol marksmen), use 4D6 when firing, and 4 wounds:

Use Option 2 above, when shooting, which is less lethal than Clint's abilities.  When Angel Eyes is being fired at, use Clint's defensive chart above.

For Police Shootists, when fired at, use the standard wounds/reactions chart.

For Tuco, use 4D6 when firing, and 4 wounds:

Use Option 2 above, when shooting.  Use the standard wounds/reactions chart when being fired at, since he is a bit less steady when under fire.

Not sure how to stat out the points, since the Wounding Charts above are quite a bit different, as is the To Be Wounded Chart (normally number of wounds, plus one point for each weapon), but the values below are probably a decent start.

For a rough guess, I'd say 3x standard points for characters using Option 1, and 2x for Option 2 when shooting. Then probably 2x when being fired upon, if using the above Wounds Chart when being fired on by others.  Use 1x for the points times the above (when shooting), if using the standard Wounds Chart when the character is hit. 

As you can see, skilled shootists can be rather expensive pointswise, but may be worth it due to their much greater abilities.

I'd be interested in your feedback on the above, as well as any other special characters, stats, special rules, allies, and enemies too, for these film genres, if you come up with some and care to share them.

Offline Rich J

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 09:47:36 AM »
Don't forget an actor has to build up the number of dice he shoots with.

Offline YIU

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2011, 12:55:02 AM »
I had my fist game tonight and it was really great : a fast and easy game using prohibition era miniatures armed with pistols, thomsons and pistols so we could test the different weapons. It's fast and deadly  :)

I had an idea for vehicles : use the pool of dice of the driver to determine the distance, ie 1 die= move that distance in inches. 2 dice = add the result and move that distance in inches, and so on...so you are not tempted to cross the map if there is no obstacle. The other option would ne to keep the highest die to determine the distance.

Offline Rich J

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2011, 06:54:16 AM »
Hi
We tend to play on small cramped boards where vehicles have to make lots of little turns before being able to speed off for larger more open spaces your pool total idea would work as it would model the car speeding up.

Glad it went well :)